should quite prodcing beats?

that sort the goal I have , I want do something crazy wild.

The thing is though you are advertising yourself as having that sound already. People are going to click in, hear what you do sound like now and walk away because it is the wrong audience...music marketing 101, know your sound and the audience that wants that sound.

You have a natural affinity for the trip-hop/Experimental sound, it is how your mind works and hears things. To be honest you aren't half bad at it, a bit of polish and you could be on your way doing what comes naturally, or you could make yourself fit into a mold that will always sound forced coming from you.

Some people are born to play classical, others to play punk rock.

when I made reverb nation account I though going straight underground hip hop but ended up a little different . then learn that FL studio was meant for electric music and that's people use to make trap beats too.

if you're thinking about quitting quit. if you're not doing it for the love there's no point, most people never make a dime off this stuff.

then learn that FL studio was meant for electric music and that's people use to make trap beats too.

Learnt is the wrong word..Mislead would be more like it. You can make whatever style you want in any DAW

I did do a few magazine interview and ask were music fit into and told experimental. I have new interview coming out soon.

Where is this interview? Show us.

Also fire your agent and everyone else you are giving money right now. Odds are the agent or whoever is setting up these interviews is laughing at you with the article writer because you are giving them this money for basically nothing in return. Have you actually GAINED anything from doing these interviews?

Last edited:
Just listened to his stuff and actually it does have structure to it, just not what would be considered "normal".

Looking at your page and listening to your music is where you are hurting yourself.

Example:

No....you don't sound like any of these and never will, it isn't your thing. You should be embracing trip-hop producers like Gaslamp Killer or even Flying Lotus to a degree, your sound is far more in line with those than it is with hip hop.

You have your page listed as, "Hip Hop / Rap / Hardcore Rap" which although your style very loosely falls into hip hop in it's origins you need to start looking at the sub-classifications that fall under it. Again I would list it as "Trip-hop/Experimental" you will hit a much more target audience for what you are doing.

I like it, but I like strange, experimental and avant-garde music as a whole and this is the audience you need to target.

yes his sound is experimental kind of stuff

to the original topic poster if you want to make more "true" rap beats head over to youtube and watch some tutorial videos
I consider the beat in my sig experimental

Last edited:
Btw the music your making is not something ur Agent should be sending out to other major companies you need to Volunteer to DJ And Perform in and thruout your city Come big like TIESTO

an agent is meant to "shop" your music as well as book you gigs, how else do you "blow up"???

Dont quit just yet. My advise is to see how old you are and give yourself 5 years from now to work on your dream. If by that time frame you havent accomplished anything that you feel is worth to keep going then quit. If you quit now, you are going to stay with thw could have , should have, would have and that is not a good feeling my friend. This skill can be learned and mastered it only takes time and determination.

people quit everyday and new people start up everyday. there certainly isn't a shortage of producers and beatmakers right now its extremely saturated. if it's something that you enjoy and it fits into your schedule then I don't see no reason to quit maybe just cut back a little and don't look at it as a career.

Listened. As the guys tell you, totally unstructured.
A lil unstructured or surprising can be good but you gotta let your compositions follow down the lines of a genre or two before you branch out from there and make your own interesting twists.
If you want to have people in large numbers buy/listen or artists use your beats as foundations for songs.

Do you know any music theory? Sorry to say sir but it sounds like those spirits doesn't.

Continue like this if it feels right. Or grab some more theory and force some recognisable structure into your productions.

You know your way around a DAW I can hear that. Now get the pieces of that scattered mold glued back together and try to break it in another direction; more careful this time.

My advice/2cents. Keep it up.

Last edited:
yes sir. but if cant book gigs and your not profitable then agency going to drop you . you need a promoter to get the word out , street promotion , internet and some one to pitch article for you to be in your local and national newspapers and magazine and even a million blog. I think more people are online now then who are watching tv. hey I like searching thousand of blogs and magazine for new music then when they are doing show in town I might come and see them. no going invest any time into you or money unless you are investing in you. I recommend doing real add placements in legit magazine . now the question is what's the value of promotion.

I'm just saying to be successful you'll need your own promotional team. your not going to get agent to book shows if your not promoting and making fans. if you have show at club then you'll need promote it yourself so that people will show up so that you can get ticket sales .

that's my plan if don't make it in 5 years I rather go to nursing school make more money. but cant stand hospital or logical thinking haha .

Back