Not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as simple as this: just because it sounds better (which is always subjective) when it's off a 32th note, doesn't mean it's somehow "off sync". "Basic mono synths" can still have wildly different sounding filters and even changing the number of poles within a single filter can sound drastically different when doing a rhythmic sweep. There's just nothing to "prove" in this whole mess, except that maybe a flat triangle envelope usually does sound pretty lame and that's why people tend to use LFOs because they're much quicker to shape to sound good :)

Last edited:
really depressing that you cant use the midi and envelope grids... it would be so easy to make music if you could

but I don't like the way midi sounds on a grid, and the envelopes are just plain ahead of the beat

maybe it would be worth a try with a pad controller and knobs lol

Man, it's obviously going to take longer than two minutes because what you are looking for is a specific problem that no audio file in the world from any of us will be able to pinpoint. Automation clips are not sounds; they work in the same way as if you were turning knobs yourself, except that your movements are sort of "written". The way they are drawn is the way they control parameters, that's really all there is to them.

I'm not sure why you need to have triangles, but you should experiment with different kinds of lines. Automation clips have an extreme level of versatility and you can make some crazy stuff, but you have to get past this hang up.

If you're using your mouse, there is absolutely no reason anything should be out of sync if you snap your points to the grid. (As well as your synths / percussion, etc). After seeing BC's response, I may have to agree that you may just be thinking it is offbeat. Something I would suggest is that instead of triangle waves, try square waves. I think you'll be able to get a better sense of the timing that way.

maybe next month i'll be interested in getting a pad controller, fruity edition, komplete elements, and drum and bass loops...

but I'm gonna need some help with an LFO... as well as arpeggiators for like putting in midi notes faster than I can do with the pads

i'm not crazy, I know what I heard, and the automation was ahead of time

really depressing that you cant use the midi and envelope grids... it would be so easy to make music if you could
Yeah, this guy is just looking for attention. Please do not send him any music files. He is probably looking to steal material from people.

He is arguing with everyone and telling them that since they aren't making the same mistakes, they don't know what they are doing. This guy is good!

I'm asking for a clip of a snare versus a wobbled synth(of any parameter even just volume) that would take two minutes to make, and is certainly not music.

With that quote I was saying that basically I don't like the way the midi and envelope quantized grids sound... in any DAW... no matter who uses them.

I'm claiming that all automation is ahead of time in all DAW's... so yeah I sound a little bit stupid.

If I automate a track to drop volume to "mute" on a certain point, it's gonna happen where I want it to happen. It's not late, or early. I don't even have to upload a track to prove it. MY DAW's automation works correctly, so I still disagree that all or any major programs have this issue.

then could you read backwards in this post and see what im asking for in regards to a wav file... I want to hear what it sounds like on someone elses system

someone else made me an mp3, and its in this thread, but it wasn't fast enough... it needs to be 120bpm, and in quarter notes, steady on the snare too

Last edited:
then could you read backwards in this post and see what im asking for in regards to a wav file... I want to hear what it sounds like on someone elses system

someone else made me an mp3, and its in this thread, but it wasn't fast enough... it needs to be 120bpm, and in quarter notes, steady on the snare too

No. You have taken up enough of everyone's time. Go hire a professional to teach you what you need to learn.

honestly it would take you two minutes... and one other person already did it for me... but the snare wasn't constant, and it wasn't the right bpm

just a constant synth with a quarter note wobble on the volume done with an envelope on the automation grid versus a quarter note snare for 20 measures at 120 bpm

Last edited:
honestly thread closed (this will also make the hottest threads of the week which is a shame as it will only go to highlight the worst of what can happen at fp)

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back