What am I doing to be successful?

yessir

and thanks ya'll, hopefully the first of many

Congrats about it becoming double platinum, I think I already said congrats in the other thread ;). Hope to hear more from FP on commercial albums, there is so much talent here it is not funny.

How did you get the placement?

ancient chinese secret.

naw basically i work close with young fyre, im signed to his production company, he's signed to T-pain, they did the hook.. well actually it was supposed to be for T-pains album.. was recording in Miami.. Wayne just dropped the how to love song in the summer, Wayne was in the same studio.. heard the record and said "yo... i need this for my album"

the beat was pretty much done, but fyre sent it to me for some additional shit on to it, and thats that

appreciated fam, anybody can get it.. just gotta keep working you never know which record somebody gonna take

is it common for producer to sign other producers?

very common

a lot of people, producers who want to sign me, managers, A & Rs ask me why i signed my deal with Young Fyre when i couldve easily just done my own thing, i was getting placements i had the Jeezy record, was working with every indie artist that is pretty much popular right now, i have my own network, own connects

1. Loyalty, i'm loyal to people who do good business with me and have a vision for me similar to myself. He's family to me, he opens his home up to me, we're like brothers when it comes down to it. Now at the end of the day paperwork needs to be signed and have the lawyers on deck because money changes people, but Good people deserve good work.

2. i believed in the vision that he had for his company from jump, i signed with him before he even had a major deal, a lot of people dont know that, they think i jumped ship once T-Pain signed him, but i was actually there before all that went down, shit we were working on records for Detox together.

i never once signed because i believed fyre was able to do something that i couldnt, but Fyre is arguably the best unknown producer in my opinion, 3x Rocbattle champion and all that, just listen to the body of work dating all the way back to the Tech N9ne days

so i aligned myself with some good people in the music business, who allow me to be creative in my own space and push me to be a better producer and encourage me to go out and get my shit poppin. I'm building my brand, and building the Kasai brand as well.

its a wonderful partnership and i get a lot of better quality work done because of it

plus a lot of these producers jab you for your credit, just putting they name on shit and passing it as theirs.. naw Fyre in the trenches working all day with us

we was in ATL working till 4-5 AM, eating ramen noodles and turkey sandwiches, knocked out about 75 beats in 3 weeks just grinding it out, these other cats that sign producers dont do that. I was on a bus to NY from school when i got the call the record was on the Carter IV, first thing they asked me was how i wanted to be credited. so i just ride with good people. All the people i do business with are good people, DK & Team Green as well. Obi a good dude 2, Sikk Caden & DJ Nice and they all FP folks, so i try to put people i come up in the trenches with on

Last edited:
is it common for producer to sign other producers?

yes it is ...now days I believe it's the best way to go...
you get fresh sounds for your productions too
you get a team of producers together once you get on
like beats by the pound
hitmakers etc....
I will for sure have producers signed to my media/ent company was just thinking about a three guys that I meet recently when I was looking for producers for my compilation that far out..so I'm going to contact them and sign them up on a deal on percentage on albums...that are planned to be recorded beginning of 2013 to start building a buzz with all the stuff we as a company will have in the works (promotion,marketing(
if I have to pay for studio time $60 to $65 is the average around here...as always have artists to write and practice to a song and that can record rap song in 10-20mins so you can get on average 3 songs done in a hour
so a 18 songs album cost me at the most $500 to record in my city
and I got the hook up on mixing and mastering for free because they believe in my mission

Back