Top 5 Overrated producers

^i don't think eminem is overrated as a producer, i don't think anyone has him in their top 10 (or top whatever, period) who actually follows producers.

i agree he should never produce another track unless he improves but definitely not overrated.

i think he's overrated on the sense that he keeps getting rappers to use his production, again, i think it has a lot to do with him being eminem, and not actual talent...

I def agree on Lex Luger - every beat just uses the same progressions, riffs and chords, sounds, drums over and over again ...
But Premo ?! cmon fam ... He's one of the inventors of Hip Hop & Rap ...

^the inventors of rap are (among others) kool herc, grandmaster flash, afrika bambaata

rap had been around at least 10 years before the first gangstarr album.

Last edited:
i don't know about mainstream, but in the soundcloud world i see A LOT! of overrated producers who just got heat because a well know friend repost their tracks and people react to them like crazy, sometimes i don't get it and ask myself if i am the one who's wrong but... man who knows

A lot of these lists are from people who know nothing about hip hop, only get their knowledge from what they hear on the radio or VH1 or are under the age of 30...such a sad sad thread.

Most Overrated
All these trap "producers" who's only talent are making hi hat and snare rolls

Most Underrated
Black Milk
9th Wonder
Jake One
Ryan Leslie
Q-Tip

Kanye west and scott storch? Timbaland does the beatbox thing but he's still dope too but scott storch. Really.
Anyways, Overrated in my opinion?

None. They all put in work.

if you're gonna state why someone is wack or overrated you gotta post examples or reasons for why you consider them to be
wack or overrated. and then post up something better.

then it will be easier to distinguish whether someone really is wack or if it's unnecessary hate, a matter of preference and what not.

Dr Dre - I really dont think he make beats/Tracks and Storch is responsible for his best melodies.
Kanye West - Just Horrible and hi pitch fad was the worse.
DJ Mustard
Swizz Beats - OMG....The Korg/Roland rompler preset king....he bragged about making beats in 10 minutes. lol
Manny Fresh - god what horrid sound

None. Although I will say mustard is just doing his thing he is not one of them.
Never knew swizz was a rompler preset user lol.

i believe that there is no such thing as overrated in music

if people love you for whatsoever reason maybe you are cool, maybe you make cool sounds, whatsoever the reason is if people like you, you deserve to be there

we try to make someone more valuable calling them underrated, but maybe they just don't have that kind of magic to impress like lots of people but only a group of people,

Back