Shawty Redd Talkin' Down On Sample-Based Producers! (Controversial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATL Crunk Man said:
Bwahahahahahaha... Yeah, dat was Shawty Redd. You need to go hang yourself for sayin' "Hypnotize" and "Trap House" sound alike tho. Those 2 beats has absolutely nothin' in common, except that they were both produced by Shawty Redd.

dude, the high-pitched synth and the 808 sound VERY similar in both of those tracks! and thats pretty much all thats in both of those tracks. the 808 on "hypnotize" just has a longer decay compared to "trap house."

dj society said:
dude, the high-pitched synth and the 808 sound VERY similar in both of those tracks! and thats pretty much all thats in both of those tracks. the 808 on "hypnotize" just has a longer decay compared to "trap house."
Redd didn't even use an 808 in "Hynotize." That beat has no kick at all. He used a sine sub. Like I said, those beats has no similarities what-so-ever.

Last edited:
dj society said:
shawty redd seems arrogant as hell. which is fine, but imo, his body of work doesn't support his arrogant tendencies. he's a pretty good beat maker(the only reason i listen to him is becuz his ish BANGS in the car), but he's doin nothing to expand the sound of hip hop. all his beats are predictable and sound almost all the same
Snoop Dogg's Sexual Seduction is quite different from his other work

UM... Really he actually makes a Lil sense think you have to play the instrument to make it yours. If u sample you taking my **** LOL

Shawty Redd is just mad coz he can't sample.
ATL Crunk Man defendin his ass like it's his brother or some ****...or maybe he is...

there's a difference between a musician and a producer, and theres a difference between a producer and a beatmaker.

i think that's what sets samplers apart from composers.

i'm a composer. i play instruments live, record them, and loop them into beats.

beatmakers take sounds that have already been recorded and re-mix them into new songs. theres nothing musical going on, really. all the musical stuff has already been taken care of by whoever recorded it first.

i produce music. because i know theory and make chords and scales and arpeggios and triads in major and minor keys.

i dont wanna start a beef. just my two.

yall can say shawty's not a musician just cuz he makes hip hop. but he is. because he understands the music he's makin.

Coop7ca said:
1. Yes he can play piano very well.

2. There is a difference between a Producer and Musician.

I almost never sample but I find it funny when I hear producers
Talk down on another mans art, LOL! Now idk what dude is capable of
On the piano but I would never say something so disrespectful about another mans craft and I have a feeling I might be just hair better on the piano than homeboy (roughly 20 years of rigorous classical training, LOL)

Thank you,

Juan"Thundertrax"Luxo

dj society said:
shawty redd seems arrogant as hell. which is fine, but imo, his body of work doesn't support his arrogant tendencies. he's a pretty good beat maker(the only reason i listen to him is becuz his ish BANGS in the car), but he's doin nothing to expand the sound of hip hop. all his beats are predictable and sound almost all the same (listen to "trap house" by gucci mane and "hypnotized" by jezzy- they basically the same beat!) its seems like every interview i read from dude is negative. last time it was about fl studio, this time about sampling. i remember reading an interview with him(i think it was him) and he was sayin how he doesn't like Jay-z anymore becuz Jay didn't remember him from a video set from like 10 years ago? wtf? he's JAY-Z, of course he's not gonna remember his b-list ass. does he really hold himself in that high of regard?!? dude just sounds like a dick imo.

you are fuking kidding me.. if u think that than you think all songs sounds the same you're full of bullsh.it

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be a dumb people. The sampling Shawty Redd is talking about is aka Pete Rock, Just Blaze, Kanye, etc. I agree with Shawty Redd. The sampling of old school motown records ain't the shyt no more. Look at what the radio plays now. The shyt is played out. If you have to sample and can't come up with your on melodies, at least sample something totally different that what everbody else is sampling aka Timbaland. Pete Rock, Just Blaze, 9th Wonder, put all them muthas in the same bowl and stir em up. Their careers are based off of sampling and these three definitely like the creative mindset needed to make original music aka containing zero samples.

lol hahahahahahahhah mteezy u a fool lol how can u call any of those dudes out and dont know who they are cause if you did you would kno all of those guyz u just named are musicans {not kanye}and they all understand and can play without sampling they all like soul hip hop not that crunk gangsta stuff mr redd call himself a musican just like spitting in the face of a real talent like ryan leslie which is 100X better than shawty redd will ever be soo in close why is this thread up is you on mr redd team he paying u money no how he talks he gives a rats ass about u or anybody else

i would look through all the pages in this thread to defend what i love doing, but i'm pretty sure someones probably said what i was gonna say already

Good Interview.Maybe if people really listen to him instead of getting
all personal about it they get the point

I can't get mad when Shawty Redd, Scott Storch, Rodney Jerkins, ect. comment on producers who sample, use Fl, even when they comment on using computers.

Know why? I can compose from scratch. I can make a track in more sh*t than FL. I actually own hardware.

If you can't say the same, you shouldn't be mad, you should be learning some new crafts.

I guess you have to not pay that nigga no mind

I don't think he think before he speaks .

when you have people win producer of the year for 2008(mark ronson) and are "sample based" and the year before Rick Rubin

when the genre you produce in might not have been around if the where no "sampling” producers

You start to spit in many producers faces saying, they are not the producer of the record they have made because they used an sample

**** it pad sounds and 808s make you a produach

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back