Neve Thought That Hip Hop Would Do A 180

Wiz? WTF? LOL @ the girl on the left. She looks like she trying so hard not to laugh, lol.

I'm not sure why people confuse overall human culture with it's subcultures. Hip hop is a subculture. What we're seeing is the effect of the human race becoming more tolerant of homosexuality trickling down into a subculture.

I choose not to speak my views on these things, because while I voice an opinion on what's wrong with black folk, the music industry, the gov't, ect, the second I say anything opposing homosexuality, I may as well have shot up a school full of kids, lol. But, that's a big part of the problem. Anyone with opposing views get's silenced.

now wiz is rich and gets bittches, yet he's wearing tights.
why should he stop wearing tights if he's getting money and hoes while still wearing them???
just because us non-rich unfamous guys laugh at it???? because it looks like what we perceive as "gay" ???

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^That's senseless ramble. Plenty of people who don't make music get more money and hoes than Wiz. Like, the guys who write Wiz his checks(who are probably pissed he allowed a pic like this to leak unless the TOLD him to let a pic like this leak)? That's always the pettiest excuse to overlook ridiculousness. "This guy has more of something, so he's in a position to do what he wants".

Paul Walker had a car worth 2x what my house is. I'm sure he had more hoes in it than I've pulled in my life(not that I'm the type to care when I've been married 15 years since the age of 19 HAPPILY). How did that nice car he owned work out for him?

The only time money matters in a discussion is when someone is questioning your business ventures. And plenty of guys with waaaaayyyyyyy longer money and waaaaaayyyyyyy badder hoes than Wiz would question that look.

The only time money matters in a discussion is when someone is questioning your business ventures. And plenty of guys with waaaaayyyyyyy longer money and waaaaaayyyyyyy badder hoes than Wiz would question that look.

It is not wrong to question Wiz's look. In fact, he probably expects it. But if he is brave enough to wear weird clothes, he probably isn't interested in defending himself to critics.

People dogged out Andre 3000 for wearing wigs, kilts, and other eccentric clothing. But he stuck to his guns and people just accepted him. The critics still criticized, but he kept doing what he wanted to do.

People have a right to criticize weird people. And weird people have a right to be weird. Weirdos are sort of mainstream now.

Let's be were honest with ourselves, skinny jeans look a lot better than the baggy ass phat farm jeans and XXL tees we were wearing back in the early 2000s

View attachment 41256

Lol now "thats the shit, I DON'T L;IKE"
Z

I've have no problem with skinny jeans, like the ones in pic i posted. But now what some call skinny's are actually tights! It actually looks like guys are walking around out there in there sisters jean tights.What the ****!, i mean the other day i saw a 'gansta wearing Jean tights and a short tee the jeans gripped his buttocks so tightly had i been near him i would have Slapped him instantly!,,In the face that is!

Lol. At least he's got a fine azz girl.

Let's be were honest with ourselves, skinny jeans look a lot better than the baggy ass phat farm jeans and XXL tees we were wearing back in the early 2000s

Sure, if you're a man who likes to wear tight azz jeans and with straight leg pants that take an hour to pull off.Skiny Jeans dont look well with Timerland boots either. I need the pants to have some boot cut. I never wore baggy pants or shirts but from a masculine perspective I can at least still feel like a man with baggy clothes. Females wear tight jeans to look sexy and reveal their curves and azz. What's the purpose for a male?

Last edited:
So how did you come to the conclusion that rappers were wearing hand me downs. Did you really think Black rappers were that poor?

Maybe you don't get how it works exactly so I will break it down as simple as I can.

If growing up all I have is my brothers hand me down jeans that are too big, and my buddies also wear their brothers hand me down jeans then this would make hand me down jeans that are too big would be considered common in my neighborhood. So from the time I am a kid I am wearing baggy jeans and think nothing of it, in fact it is comfortable and jeans that actually fit feel odd to me.

So with this being the case I begin to get noticed for my rapping and with that goes my swag which includes baggy pants because again it is what is comfortable to me and how I am accustomed to dressing for years now, I don't give it a second thought but those who have only ever known fitted clothes see it as unique and follow my lead. Eventually I get signed and more people follow what has now become a trend and there you have it.

Just because I now have plenty of money to buy clothes that fit does not mean I would since I am wearing what is comfortable to me, it has also become a part of my "costume" and my stage presence. If I have already been wearing the same style for the last 10-15 years it is just part of who you are.

Hope that was clear enough.

Now sagging your pants half down your ass comes from a whole other place and is funny to think all these so called gangsters are following a prison trend which indicates you are trolling for dick.:4theloveofgod:

Paul Walker had a car worth 2x what my house is. I'm sure he had more hoes in it than I've pulled in my life(not that I'm the type to care when I've been married 15 years since the age of 19 HAPPILY). How did that nice car he owned work out for him?

he was also doing a 16 year old at 33 , a felony under the law of his state, but its just statuatory rape right?? at least he wasnt wearing tights...

actually, wiz's style in that picture correlates with how rock and roll artists dress.
wiz is somewhat of a black rockstar, he just looks funny to us in that picture at first sight because of how uncommon it is among his demographic.
wayne wore female jeggings 2 years ago at the vma's, but his career didnt stop there either.
it just made him more popular if anything.
1314803194_lil-wayne-jeggings-290.jpg

^^^That's senseless ramble. Plenty of people who don't make music get more money and hoes than Wiz. Like, the guys who write Wiz his checks(who are probably pissed he allowed a pic like this to leak unless the TOLD him to let a pic like this leak)? That's always the pettiest excuse to overlook ridiculousness. "This guy has more of something, so he's in a position to do what he wants".

you missed my point. it wasnt that "he makes more money therefore he can wear tight clothes......."
my point was "why should he not wear tights if its not getting in the way of his goals and it aint hurting nobody??? "
is he not gonna still sell out concerts just because this picture leaked???
are all his fans gonna be like " dude did you see that picture of wiz wearing tights???, dont listen to his music and go to his concerts anymore man, he shouldnt be wearing those" ???
did wayne fall off and lose all his fans after kissing another man on the lips or wearing jeggings ??? no.......
wayne actually got even more successful after those incidents.
now im not saying to do questionable acts such as wear tights and kiss other guys , but im just saying..... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you don't get how it works exactly so I will break it down as simple as I can.

If growing up all I have is my brothers hand me down jeans that are too big, and my buddies also wear their brothers hand me down jeans then this would make hand me down jeans that are too big would be considered common in my neighborhood. So from the time I am a kid I am wearing baggy jeans and think nothing of it, in fact it is comfortable and jeans that actually fit feel odd to me.

So with this being the case I begin to get noticed for my rapping and with that goes my swag which includes baggy pants because again it is what is comfortable to me and how I am accustomed to dressing for years now, I don't give it a second thought but those who have only ever known fitted clothes see it as unique and follow my lead. Eventually I get signed and more people follow what has now become a trend and there you have it.

Just because I now have plenty of money to buy clothes that fit does not mean I would since I am wearing what is comfortable to me, it has also become a part of my "costume" and my stage presence. If I have already been wearing the same style for the last 10-15 years it is just part of who you are.

Hope that was clear enough.

Now sagging your pants half down your ass comes from a whole other place and is funny to think all these so called gangsters are following a prison trend which indicates you are trolling for dick.:4theloveofgod:

Dont insult my people with those generalizations. A guy can afford a mpc and studio time but he cannot afford a pair of new jeans. I was just asking for you to to expand on your logic since you claimed to be old enough to have witnessed it first hand. Getting defensive only confirms the fact that you're probably not as old you claim. Maturity cannot be faked.

Dont insult my people with those generalizations. A guy can afford a mpc and studio time but he cannot afford a pair of new jeans. I was just asking for you to to expand on your logic since you claimed to be old enough to have witnessed it first hand. Getting defensive only confirms the fact that you're probably not as old you claim. Maturity cannot be faked.

Ok so a person makes a little money and now he is supposed to forget where he came from? Is that really what you are saying?

I didn't get defensive at all, in fact I simplified the response so you would possibly understand it better...apparently I was wrong.

and yeah you got me I am really a 13 year old kid playing keyboard cowboy. Show me where in that post I got defensive or was "insulting your people"

I unnderstand the frustration but you guys are forgetting who determines an artist success.. dont blame these artists (including lil b) for catering to the masses cause an artist is a pimp first an foremost. they're gonna say an do whatever its takes to get in your mind. all you cats even mentioning lil b gave him a big W. just sayin... an you old heads need to get off this underground "real hip hop" shit cause its a ironic label.. HOW TF IS IT UNDERGROUND HIPHOP IF YOU ALL KNOW ABOUT WHATEVER ARTISTS YALL DEEM IS UNDERGROUND. this shit aint underground
<font size="4"><font size="1"><font size="2">
undergound music is local music an i know yall dont support your local artist so shut the **** up!! your just mad your favorite music isnt on the radio anymore (same as me lol)

yea kind of lol but no at the same time. i could imagine they were hustlers so they found money but they knew they're target fan base at the time . (im black so i can say this lol #RealNiggaShit)

So how did you come to the conclusion that rappers were wearing hand me downs in their videos. Did you really think Black rappers were that poor?

yea kind of lol but no at the same time. i could imagine they were hustlers so they found money but they knew they're target fan base at the time . (im black so i can say this lol #RealNiggaShit)

Ok so a person makes a little money and now he is supposed to forget where he came from? Is that really what you are saying?

I didn't get defensive at all, in fact I simplified the response so you would possibly understand it better...apparently I was wrong.

and yeah you got me I am really a 13 year old kid playing keyboard cowboy. Show me where in that post I got defensive or was "insulting your people"

How about the part "trolling for dick" lol. It aint that serious to me though. Hip Hop has done wonders for race relations but that still doesnt mean a person understands what goes on in poor black communities. Poverty does not mean that you cant afford a pair of jeans(lol.)Also there's a thing called "Instant Gratification" in the hood which means the poorest person is gonna invest in his or her appearance because it's gives them some sort of value. That's why poor folks wear Jordans and jewelry. That's why the concept of someone wearing their brothers pants doesn't mesh with the ghetto fabolous mentality of the hood and hip hop. People want to escape their poverty, not dress like a bum and relive that pain. KRS-One was homeless before he became a rapper. Does that mean that he should continue to dress like a homeless person when he shot his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1vKOchATXs

Last edited:
Allright I get what people are saying, that if Wiz can wear weird clothes and still get his paper, then why not??

I didnt start this thread to bash new trends. I know lots of people who rocking them skinny jeans, so for me its aight, but its still funny that what used to be wack "looking metrosexual" is now a trend. Gays wore that shit 10 years ago lol (talking about wiz, wayne wearing womans pans, skirtrs ect)

Its not really about the clothes

Last edited:
How about the part "trolling for dick" lol. It aint that serious to me though. Hip Hop has done wonders for race relations but that still doesnt mean a person understands what goes on in poor black communities. Poverty does not mean that you cant afford a pair of jeans(lol.)Also there's a thing called "Instant Gratification" in the hood which means the poorest person is gonna invest in his or her appearance because it's gives them some sort of value. That's why poor folks wear Jordans and jewelry. That's why the concept of someone wearing their brothers pants doesn't mesh with the ghetto fabolous mentality of the hood and hip hop. People want to escape their poverty, not dress like a bum and relive that pain. KRS-One was homeless before he became a rapper. Does that mean that he should continue to dress like a homeless person when he shot his videos.

Boogie Down Productions - My Philosophy - YouTube

Not sure how old you are but I am guessing late teens to early 20's, this is not meant as a put down because the reality of the matter is you are getting your history from movies and music and yet have never been there during those times. I am not sure how to explain it to you because it all seems to be an argument when really it isn't.

Here ya go since we are posting links and all
Wide leg jeans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for KRS1 continuing to dress bummy...come on man why you gotta throw that straw man argument out there, that's just foolishness and you know it.

Allright I get what people are saying, that if Wiz can wear weird clothes and still get his paper, then why not??

I didnt start this thread to bash new trends. I know lots of people who rocking them skinny jeans, so for me its aight, but its still funny that what used to be wack "looking metrosexual" is now a trend. Gays wore that shit 10 years ago lol (talking about wiz, wayne wearing womans pans, skirtrs ect)

Its not really about the clothes

Rappers wore tight ass jeans and rocked jerri culrs in the 80's. That shit was considered masculine then. It's considered feminine now. Things like this change every so many years. So it's no point really bemoaning it. It's just what's trendy now. I mean who would've thought in the 80's that by the mid 90's niggas would be wearing super baggy jeans, rocking Fubu, thick ass puffy coats and some heavy as Timberland boots.

Rappers wore tight ass jeans and rocked jerri culrs in the 80's. That shit was considered masculine then. It's considered feminine now. Things like this change every so many years. So it's no point really bemoaning it. It's just what's trendy now. I mean who would've thought in the 80's that by the mid 90's niggas would be wearing super baggy jeans, rocking Fubu, thick ass puffy coats and some heavy as Timberland boots.

That was because baggy jeans hadn't been "invented" as a style back then.

But yeah, soon skinny jeans will be out and another trend will come in. (No skirts plz)

Back