Is Chief Keef a One Hit Wonder-article

mwandishi

Mentions a lot of stuff discussed here
Is Chief Keef a One Hit Wonder or Here to Stay? | Complex

Quote: "Part of being a signed recording artist is constant interviews and live concerts. Keef’s not doing particularly well with either. His New York City debut last week at SOB’s (a stage that newcomers Schoolboy Q and 2 Chainz have killed this year) left much to be desired, lasting just north of 15 minutes. And he’s not much better at the media game, appearing languid and quite boring on recent radio interviews."

i'm confused about him, he seems to have a good ear for good music but seems to have some problems in social life, i don't know bout him, we'll have to see whats going to happen in the future

Cheif Keef is rapidly become a recognizable face. That's bigger than just a kid who had one well know hit. He has his own style.......and that's where people fail. People are already biting on his style. And all of this is happen SOOO FAST. What it took for a lot of people didn't take nothing but one noticeable song for him.

Dude deserves more credit than he gets. People expecting too much from him tooo early. I can probably find plenty of new comer interviews and they act about the same....the dude is young and fresh from the hood....got a song called 3hunna.......not Three Hundred.

Damn...give this young man some time. It's been a while since you've seen a dude this young from the hood become successful.Give him a break on his interviews.

this reminds me of the time wacka flocka came out with oh lets do it

for some reason chief keef reminds me of wacka flocka

when wacka flocka came out with oh lets do it everybody was thinking, is he going to be another one hit wonder??

look at him now.....

I think chief keef is the next big thing

Cheif Keef is rapidly become a recognizable face. That's bigger than just a kid who had one well know hit. He has his own style.......and that's where people fail. People are already biting on his style. And all of this is happen SOOO FAST. What it took for a lot of people didn't take nothing but one noticeable song for him.

Dude deserves more credit than he gets. People expecting too much from him tooo early. I can probably find plenty of new comer interviews and they act about the same....the dude is young and fresh from the hood....got a song called 3hunna.......not Three Hundred.

Damn...give this young man some time. It's been a while since you've seen a dude this young from the hood become successful.Give him a break on his interviews.

That's exactly what people are saying. It's happening SOOOOOO FAST! As quick as they got to know you, that's how quick they'll FORGET ABOUT YOU!

You put together a string of bad shows over a 4-6 month period, then people stop coming to your shows

Ask Kat Williams.

You put together a string of bad interviews that bring in low ratings, then you stop getting interviews. At radio stations, on TV, for magazines.

When they sign these record label deals, the label needs to put in the work on DEVELOPMENT. How to do an interview. How to put on a great show. How to work the press.

Problem is, THEY AREN'T DOING IT. And these young kids are getting signed, and then fading away.

Where are the GS Boyz? Remember Stanky Leg?

They got signed too. Now look.

lol people only questioning his music because they dont get WHY his of all trap music was chosen by the almighty Kanye West to be rapped on.

Big Krit got boo'd first time he came to NY, nobody was writing articles about if he'd flop.

Niggas been signed 2 months. Been on the scene for 4. Let the man write his story lol. you get a pass in hip hop when people think youre talented

Kendrick Lamar had to go through a name and identity change to pop off. and Kendricks first tape as Kendrick Lamar (not KDot) most people never heard of or "resonated with the hip hop culture". How many people are talking about Wiz Khalifas Prince of the City tapes.. only his die hard fans, those didnt change the culture of hip hop either, he doing fine.

having a Kanye West co-sign when youre not considered "artsy" or "talented" is messing Keef up more than anything else. People said that got him on the map, but he wouldve been better off if that record never happened. Now people are analyzing his career waiting to see what Kanye saw in that record.. when it was just hard lol

Kanye rapped on that record cause it was Raw and it was Chicago

now fans of Kanye are sitting there like "well maybe theres something that we dont see" and are patiently waiting for it, but Keef just makes hard records. Theres no science to it.

Last edited:
this reminds me of the time wacka flocka came out with oh lets do it

for some reason chief keef reminds me of wacka flocka

when wacka flocka came out with oh lets do it everybody was thinking, is he going to be another one hit wonder??

look at him now.....

I think chief keef is the next big thing

Big difference is that he had Gucci as a mentor, and his mother (Deb Atney) as a manager to guide him right. Deb ain't no punk, and she knows the game. She put his ass thru new artist boot camp, and he learned real quick. I mean, he grew up around it, so he saw what his moms other artists were doing.

Dudes like Jadakiss, Fat Joe, DMX and other who had their shine in the early 2000's is struggeling to keep up with the new artists. Jadakiss said that you only get on top one time. After that, it all goes downwards.

Chief Keef is just a young Waka Flocka, but how will he still be relevant in +10 years? The life span of and artist is 5-6 years (Only counting Rap/hiphop). Look at Nas, Rakim or others from that time. These guys are the called the LEGENDS in hiphop and even these people dont get as much shine as they used too. What make people think that Chief Keef can? Do you really want to hear him for the next +10 years

To put it short; Yes, Keef is a one hit wonder.

One thing that is really dope about the Keef story is it has labels looking in Chicago for talent again. I haven't seen so many street acts from the Chi signed back to back in a while, if ever. As for Keef I think he will be just fine. Young cats are ****ing with it heavy. Hopefully he can get by without too much hate from his own city, Chicago has nack for that.

Dudes like Jadakiss, Fat Joe, DMX and other who had their shine in the early 2000's is struggeling to keep up with the new artists. Jadakiss said that you only get on top one time. After that, it all goes downwards.

Chief Keef is just a young Waka Flocka, but how will he still be relevant in +10 years? The life span of and artist is 5-6 years (Only counting Rap/hiphop). Look at Nas, Rakim or others from that time. These guys are the called the LEGENDS in hiphop and even these people dont get as much shine as they used too. What make people think that Chief Keef can? Do you really want to hear him for the next +10 years

To put it short; Yes, Keef is a one hit wonder.

who cares if he gonna be here for 10 years. He hasnt even been rapping on a major level for 6 months. Baby steps people. Baby steps

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

One thing that is really dope about the Keef story is it has labels looking in Chicago for talent again. I haven't seen so many street acts from the Chi signed back to back in a while, if ever. As for Keef I think he will be just fine. Young cats are ****ing with it heavy. Hopefully he can get by without too much hate from his own city, Chicago has nack for that.

and they looking for young producers out there too. 2 Unknown Chicago producers just produced the new Ye & Pusha T record

Kanye in the hood looking for talent now. Keef changing the midwest music scene heavy. They treating Chicago producers like they treat VA producers.. on some "damn theres something in the water shit"

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Thank You KeefedGod

+1. Listen to this man!!!!

It happened in the A the same way. Like I said before...it's that momentum. Who would've thought this would change the game for a second.

That's all I'm saying. Not talking about Chief Keef having a long term career...........(also not saying he will never be Lil Wayne).

Last edited:
Kanye in the hood looking for talent now.

I have mixed feeling about this

Is he looking in the hood because he knows these guys dont know anything about business and he can screw them over??

or does he like that go getter attitude and knows he can find a diamond in the ruff from these hood guys??

Last edited:
I have mixed feeling about this

Is he looking in the hood because he knows these guys dont know anything about business and he can screw them over??

or does he like that go getter attitude and knows he can find a diamond in the ruff from these hood guys??

everybody in this business is gonna try and screw you over whether you in the hood or not

he tryna find some raw shit that he can merge with his own sound. Like what he did with HAM & Lex Luger

lol people only questioning his music because they dont get WHY his of all trap music was chosen by the almighty Kanye West to be rapped on.

Big Krit got boo'd first time he came to NY, nobody was writing articles about if he'd flop.

Niggas been signed 2 months. Been on the scene for 4. Let the man write his story lol. you get a pass in hip hop when people think youre talented

Kendrick Lamar had to go through a name and identity change to pop off. and Kendricks first tape as Kendrick Lamar (not KDot) most people never heard of or "resonated with the hip hop culture". How many people are talking about Wiz Khalifas Prince of the City tapes.. only his die hard fans, those didnt change the culture of hip hop either, he doing fine.

having a Kanye West co-sign when youre not considered "artsy" or "talented" is messing Keef up more than anything else. People said that got him on the map, but he wouldve been better off if that record never happened. Now people are analyzing his career waiting to see what Kanye saw in that record.. when it was just hard lol

Kanye rapped on that record cause it was Raw and it was Chicago

now fans of Kanye are sitting there like "well maybe theres something that we dont see" and are patiently waiting for it, but Keef just makes hard records. Theres no science to it.

I agree and disagree. I think the Kanye West thing blew him up too quick and too soon. I don't think Keef was ready for it and I think it put the expectations too high for him. I don't want to say it hurt him because now he has an audience like never before so it's time for him to learn how to handle the media sooner than later

who cares if he gonna be here for 10 years. He hasnt even been rapping on a major level for 6 months. Baby steps people. Baby steps

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

and they looking for young producers out there too. 2 Unknown Chicago producers just produced the new Ye & Pusha T record

Kanye in the hood looking for talent now. Keef changing the midwest music scene heavy. They treating Chicago producers like they treat VA producers.. on some "damn theres something in the water shit"

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Thank You KeefedGod

To me that is dope!!! Including the 2 new guys you mentioned that makes at least 5 guys (King Louie, Lil Reese, Young Chop) that have got signed or got something positive out of this situation. I'm pretty sure more will come depending on how big the buzz keeps getting.

I bet a million dollars 2013 Chief Keef will be like 2 Chains....all over the place....WITH NO ALBUM. People focusing too much on why this dude blew up....ain't even thinking of why he is going to blow up. lol! The young man is on his way.

The same thing was said about Nikki.........she flip the script on that ass. lol!

The same thing was said about Waka.....hell it was impossible for Waka to be relevent......well, well, well.

The article compared him to J-Kwon.....smh. Like I said before....Keef...(or anybody) can't allow the media to get his fans before he do.

Last edited:
people sitting there wondering why a musical "genius" like Kanye west would do a song with this nigga

Keef.jpg

Back