My 30 Day wake up challenge

Benjah

Yo fp, I'm trying to improve all areas of my life right now, and one of my problems is oversleeping and missing to much of Life.

SOOOO. I'm making this thread so I can publicly track my sleep habit in hopes that it will motivate me to stick to it.

I don't really care if anybody posts on it or not it's just for me really.

I read on article as part of my research that was talking about a stratergy to waking up exactly when the alarm goes off by practicing it while wide awake during the day..

Sounds weird I know, but i'm going to try it! Nothing to lose right?
How to Get Up Right Away When Your Alarm Goes Off

I really believe it will work. SO i will practice this once a day for about 8 reps.

Anyway, I write songs and make beats, and I'm most creative late at night, SOOO my sleep hours are going to be within the range of 3:00 Am to 10:00 Am

7 Hours is satisfactory for now.

Lets see how this goes

That's pretty sick bro! How has it been going so far? Any success?

Day 1

Good start :D

DID reps X
Woke on time X

haha, na, I don't make beats when I sleep :D but its pretty sweet, you can dream about all sorts of shit, you know like the movie inception

I actually looked into it lucid dreaming recently, but the idea of sleep paralysis scares the shit out of me.

Day 2

I did my reps mentally today, which allowed according to Steve Palvina.
DID reps X
Woke on time X

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-30-2013 at 02:09 AM ----------

Day 3

DID reps X
Woke on time X

Danm, I was struggling so much, now i got 3 days in a row no problem once i made my plan formal. If i can use this stratergy for bigger things :bigeyes:

---------- Post added 07-04-2013 at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-01-2013 at 02:27 AM ----------

Day 4

DID reps X
Woke on time X

Day 5

DID reps X
Woke on time X

Cool, you should.

Day 6

DID reps NO
Woke on time X

I Forget to do my reps today, but i got up exactly on time without even thinking about it. I can honestly say i think this is working.

Because of the success of this I am also adding another challenge, I am going to keep one thread because I am doing this for me really and their is no need to fill up FP's threads with my shit lol.

==============================================

7 DAY Mental Diet

Okay Dokey Lets Go-key.
The challenge is to go 7 days without dwelling on negative thoughts and really looking at situations and honestly looking at the pros and cons. Really look at the situation. Stay in a positive state but don’t bullshit yourself.
The advantages of this, is to become more positive, stop looking for external validation, it will help me become happier more confident and more successful . It’s never going to be perfect.
Rules
1. Only dwell on positive thoughts, but don’t bullshit yourself.

2. Really amylase problems and look for solutions instead of dwelling on the problem.

3. Do not think about what other people think, or look for validation in them

4. Make an effort to not care and when I catch myself doing so, ignore the feeling.

Activities
1. Keep track of Progress by writing in this forum at the end of each day

2. Make a note of the negative thoughts that I come across

3. Write out ten reasons to be grateful every morning.

4. Write out ten things I love about myself everyday.

5. Read and watch positive material

Start Date Friday 6th
End Date Friday 13th

Last edited:
Sounds cool, i'll check it out.

1st DAY

Well so for it has been very difficult! My biggest challenge is trying to literally stop thinking about what others think. Especially impressing girls and shit. Like if i hear song that's dope, I imagine myself spitting it and the girl i like reacting. Tired of that shit. But I'll just have to triple my efforts.

This thread and your "diary" show only one thing you've already admitted yourself;
you don't know how to plan your activities, you have absolutely no plan how to reach your goal, yet here you are PROJECTING some stuff onto others, so that they motivate you.................for what? Wasting your time AGAIN?

Dude, you are clueless. Maybe you oversleep, because your diet is bad? Maybe you don't do sports or move much during the day and your body can't sleep and regenerate, because it hasn't been used during the day (!!!). And so on.....can be dozen of reasons.

But how would you know, since you have no clue? First off, determine why you oversleep. Yup, in most cases, 7 hours of GOOD, RELAXED sleep should be enough.

Stop reading some pseudo-scientific shit, when your only goal is to wake up at some time. Guess what? If you get used to sleeping for 7 hours and waking up at 10am........................(MAGIC!!!!)................you will start to be well rested at 10am and wake up easily.

Kid, you need a simple plan and someone you can depend on kicking you in your butt, because it's obvious that you will learn nothing, you will waste a lot of time, while overthinking basic shit. Stop disappointing yourself, by making up some nonsensical "challanges" and "diaries"; you are making a fool of yourself.

Look at your life, determine what you want to do, assign a specific amount of time you want to spend making music, make a plan for what you want to learn. THEN ask and some productive criticism and advice will follow.

let me put it like this : take the small steps everyday that are not to hard until the big steps become smaller and smaller and one day you can take those beforehand feared steps like normal steps.

Day to day.

Life is chaotic rules and scripts don't work. Do what you need to everyday.

Please refer to my first post in this thread

"i don't really care if anybody posts on it or not it's just for me really."

I am not projecting stuff onto people so that they motivate me, it's something called " accountability" ever heard of it? Ever since I started putting up a beat diary, I have been more focused than ever. Heading in a clear direction towards my goals. I even inspired another guy to start on his journey and he is doing well as well. We keep each other on track, if i don't see him upload a beat on time I call him out. It's only brought good into my life. I have been learning from the feedback and have clearer idea of my strengths and weakness as a producer.

Also from the time i started this sleep journal thing, I have hit it everyday. No problems. It's working for me, so why do you have a problem with it?

You seem to be acting like you know when you don't, I am not disappointing myself at all. I am doing better than ever.

If you honestly think I care about your opinion you are mistaken. So yes i will continue to " make a fool of myself" so please take your condescending negativity and leave.

- Jahhh

Last edited:
have fun. Lol and don't let nobody son you. Unless it's needed.

This thread and your "diary" show only one thing you've already admitted yourself;
you don't know how to plan your activities, you have absolutely no plan how to reach your goal, yet here you are PROJECTING some stuff onto others, so that they motivate you.................for what? Wasting your time AGAIN?

Dude, you are clueless. Maybe you oversleep, because your diet is bad? Maybe you don't do sports or move much during the day and your body can't sleep and regenerate, because it hasn't been used during the day (!!!). And so on.....can be dozen of reasons.

But how would you know, since you have no clue? First off, determine why you oversleep. Yup, in most cases, 7 hours of GOOD, RELAXED sleep should be enough.

Stop reading some pseudo-scientific shit, when your only goal is to wake up at some time. Guess what? If you get used to sleeping for 7 hours and waking up at 10am........................(MAGIC!!!!)................you will start to be well rested at 10am and wake up easily.

Kid, you need a simple plan and someone you can depend on kicking you in your butt, because it's obvious that you will learn nothing, you will waste a lot of time, while overthinking basic shit. Stop disappointing yourself, by making up some nonsensical "challanges" and "diaries"; you are making a fool of yourself.

Look at your life, determine what you want to do, assign a specific amount of time you want to spend making music, make a plan for what you want to learn. THEN ask and some productive criticism and advice will follow.

Ouch . . . .

Lol, thanks Oliver. I am having fun and improving myself!

Day 7

DID reps NO
Woke on time X

7 days straight! :victory:

Day 2 (Positive thinking)
It's difficult not holding on to negative thoughts but i am improving and learning a lot about myself as i go. I know my biggest problem and now i need to figure out how to eliminate it.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-07-2013 at 02:04 AM ----------

Day 8

Woke on time X

8 days straight:victory:

Day 3 (Positive thinking)
This is definetly harder then i thought, Stumbling a bit but I am definitely staying happier and more postive . The biggest change so far has been how i react to people, I am not letting anything get to me these days.

Thanks bro,

Day 4 (Positive thinking)
Doing very well in certain areas and others are still a big challenge. But I WILL get it done.

9 days straight:victory:

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-09-2013 at 02:22 AM ----------

Missed Today, Not sure what happend.

I js
I no longer have my days to myself to wake up whenever I want cause I'm going home. SO thats pretty much the end of that.

Postive thinking
Im amazed at how much I'm learning about myself by doing this. Still hard, but I am surviving.

awesome. keep it up man! if someone being negative about something like this, then thats whats wrong with society, or at least certain people. stay strong bro

Thanks beats 4 beats, really appreciate that

Sorry for going ghost my computer is down. This is my friends laptop and i wont be able to carry on this thread anymore i guess. I got what i needed from it anyway. I never really needed it in the first place. It was just a place to document my progress.

---------- Post added 08-23-2013 at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-18-2013 at 04:13 PM ----------

Worked Last time, so Imma do this again. Vacation pretty much threw off my regular sleep habits.

Sleeping at 1
wake Up at 8

Do Routine.

for the next 30 days.

Last edited:
Back