Fl studio played out

I

ismokefatnugs

ive been on fl studio since fl studio 6 i purchased it an all , but now that im heading towards mixing and mastering for school.I'm leaning towards being more serious bout my craft trust me ,im not knocking fl studio at all ive been a fan of her for a while an now its time too move on ,I had a friend tell me he went to los angeles recording school and he said the teachers frown on fl studio an im having mixed feelings .

if any of you are perusing a career in music an having creative doubts when it comes to fl drop them comments ..

fundamentally a daw is a daw and any daw is able to do the same basic tasks. Some just have better tools than others to do the same thing.

pro-tools is the industry standard not because it is the best but because it was the first daw to gain major traction in teaching and studios

Subscription-ware (software that you buy updates for) has created a situation where some software has market dominance because of the general level of inertia (unwillingness to move forward or keep up with the times) that people have when it comes to change - "I want to use what I have always used" is the mantra folks use here to justify not changing.

Don't think of fl as inferior rather as different and alien to some in the industry - my complaints about fl are that it makes the complex tools easy to access, and simple tools hard to find within its interface and menu structure - it comes across as a piece of software that has tons of great ideas added to it without thought as to how to structure access in a logical, methodical fashion - my issues stem from user-interface design experience and methods that are totally ignored in the implementation of fl interface (at least at version 10)

I use several daws (cubase, reaper, audition, reason, fl10, audacity). Each has its merits and tools that are easier to use in one way or another; none is better than the rest, just different. I even use an old version of Finale notepad 2k5 for sketching of ideas before exporting the midi file for further work in one of my other midi capable daws

Last edited:
ive been on fl studio since fl studio 6 i purchased it an all , but now that im heading towards mixing and mastering for school.I'm leaning towards being more serious bout my craft trust me ,im not knocking fl studio at all ive been a fan of her for a while an now its time too move on ,I had a friend tell me he went to los angeles recording school and he said the teachers frown on fl studio an im having mixed feelings .

if any of you are perusing a career in music an having creative doubts when it comes to fl drop them comments ..

Teens and Peer Pressure

Only the player gets played out not the instrument.

Last edited:
I had a friend tell me he went to los angeles recording school and he said the teachers frown on fl studio an im having mixed feelings

who cares how they feel about Fl studio? How do you feel about fl studio? If you love Fl Studio stick with that DAW. It can do what other DAW's do for the most part.

I used to jump around from DAW to DAW but Reason is my main DAW. I basically grew up on Reason so i stick with it and I love it. I might get mad at it sometimes but i always keep going back to Reason. If they don't have a feature i wait for the feature to come out or just do without.

Thats how i feel about all of that

When I started, I got FL Studio for it's simple interface, and because everyone knows fl studio as a "amateur" DAW. I tried both Ableton Live and Reason, but I couldn't get the hang of them, so I always kept coming back to FL. It do anything that other DAWs do, on it's own way. I learned that by trying to make things happen on FL Studio watching tutorials on other DAWs, and I could achieve the same results. So, if you wanna change, then change. But eventually you'll be back. :)

now i came to my senses an i went back an forth with fl studio an today declares it , i uninstalled my fl studio and im moving on to something better .. trust ive been on fl studio since fl 6 and i can say sound quality wise its lacking a distinctive fullness but what do i know, right '

now i came to my senses an i went back an forth with fl studio an today declares it , i uninstalled my fl studio and im moving on to something better .. trust ive been on fl studio since fl 6 and i can say sound quality wise its lacking a distinctive fullness but what do i know, right '

And what DAW have this "fullness" you want on your songs? Really, there's no difference between sound quality on different DAWs.

I learned music production on Fruity Loops and switched to Ableton about 5 years ago. While I agree with the fundamental idea that most DAW's are created equal, I've never regretted switching over. It was a steeper learning curve at first but Ableton proved to be worth it in the long run. There's my two cents...

I learned music production on Fruity Loops and switched to Ableton about 5 years ago. While I agree with the fundamental idea that most DAW's are created equal, I've never regretted switching over. It was a steeper learning curve at first but Ableton proved to be worth it in the long run. There's my two cents...

This means you've found a DAW with a better workflow for you. That's what I'm trying to say here. The DAWs generate the same quality in terms of sound. What differentiates one from another is the workflow. As I said, I tried Reason and Ableton, but I couldn't get the hang, or, notice a better workflow (for me) than FL Studio.

I think people should really stop this "DAW war".

If there really is a difference. Then one should be able to pick out when it's used on songs. Just saying Nexus on Cubase sounds like Nexus on Ableton sounds like Nexus on Fl Studio

Im been on Fl since 5. what can i say ive grown to love it, ever since i realized how strong the program really was when i really got into 9. i cant see any reason to jump ship because of someone elses issues on the program, until i can see it firsthand.

OP's ****ing trolling.

FL Studio the damn shit, I can do everything in it I can in any other DAW, including mixing and mastering.

DP sucks, Live GUI is terrible, laying drums in Reason is a damn joke, Cubase GUI sucks, Pro Tools is cool for mixing but not composing.

Seriously, FL Studio is an all around workhorse.

The thing about audio quality is dog shit, and your teachers probably ain't teaching you shit other than how to suck an industry dick!

as with anything, familiarity breeds contempt or comfort.

Not one of these daws is any better than the other and whilst some lack basic tools (such as notation), these are not deal breakers.

naw trust me i went back an forth this week an im literally done with fl studio , i came to a conclusion the sound that comes out isnt as clear as i want it to be but coming from my point of view it doesnt matter right . once u take ur music an mixing an mastering to another level an u have 10 years of mixing i wouldnt oppose my opinion trust ,fl is good to get ideas and make beats but for mastering an mixing it goes out the window for me . u dont have 2 agree with me just know that flstudio isnt up to par an if u cant tell the difference then i guess u dont have 10years of experience in a treated room .
and too those who get flabber gassted relax its just my 2 cents, u can take it or leave it ,jesh ' its a topic not a `daw war so correct urself if u work with flstudio '

fl studio has a soft sound quality ,like there users no offense

Last edited by a moderator:
I cosign with bandcoach, It's all about personal workflow. IMO the main difference is the wording and the stock vst's that come with the DAW. I would only consider a DAW to be inferior to another if the DAW is problematic, or lacks a major feature that others provide.

Last edited:
OP's ****ing trolling.

FL Studio the damn shit, I can do everything in it I can in any other DAW, including mixing and mastering.

DP sucks, Live GUI is terrible, laying drums in Reason is a damn joke, Cubase GUI sucks, Pro Tools is cool for mixing but not composing.

Seriously, FL Studio is an all around workhorse.

Layering drums in Reason is a breeze. On top of that there is live-sampling within Kong and Redrum.

Fl Studio is a workhorse..yes its a good program, I started off with Fl Studio. But don't talk shit about Reason lol

Last edited:
Layering drums in Reason is a breeze. On top of that there is live-sampling within Kong and Redrum.

Fl Studio is a workhorse..yes its a good program, I started off with Fl Studio. But don't talk shit about Reason lol

I'll talk as much shit on that program as I desire, I demo'ed Reason 7 and it come with this anti theft shit on my computer caked into my system, I had too roll that shit back to get rid of it. No thanks. I was just demo'ing LOL and uninstalled it and that's what was left.

Not to mention they update the program every 5 months and leave their users behind. Shady.

I'll never support that company. **** Propellerheads and you damn well know Reason isn't touching FL's sequencers.

that's because the reason sequencers are better so why they would want to touch it is beyond me (taking backwards steps and all.... )

in all seriousness, you are allowed to believe what your experiences have brought you to believe, that does not make it true for everyone else - your anti-theft issues have coloured your judgement more than your experience of the program I would say.

As for the rest, nowt else can be said - every one of these babies is capable of doing the job - it comes back to how you want to construct your work-flow

Last edited:
naw trust me i went back an forth this week an im literally done with fl studio , i came to a conclusion the sound that comes out isnt as clear as i want it to be but coming from my point of view it doesnt matter right . once u take ur music an mixing an mastering to another level an u have 10 years of mixing i wouldnt oppose my opinion trust ,fl is good to get ideas and make beats but for mastering an mixing it goes out the window for me . u dont have 2 agree with me just know that flstudio isnt up to par an if u cant tell the difference then i guess u dont have 10years of experience in a treated room .
and too those who get flabber gassted relax its just my 2 cents, u can take it or leave it ,jesh ' its a topic not a `daw war so correct urself if u work with flstudio '

fl studio has a soft sound quality ,like there users no offense

except you'd be unable to tell on what D.A.W. a song was made. Like I said. Go through people's music and determine what system it was made on.

Back