Good track record in Metal/Hard Rock

• Thread starter OppositeOfAnalog
  • Start date
gene-pool said:
Do you guys really think that bands should stick to one style over their lifetime? I just think that it's wrong to have people outside the band decide what music they should write (very different from suggestions.) I'm all for innovation and musical exploration... I think that fans should be open minded enough to be able to listen to records that don't sound the same and not dismiss them out right because it's not what they expected.

-Gene

That's what a lot of people did with Deftones.

Certain genres can change. Like Radiohead. Metallica, Pantera, etc. experimented or just got sh*tty and look where it got them.

If you're able to stick with a style and still sound good for years to come, then something is working. But if you decide to change, it's a risk, especially if it's an overnight change. Only certain bands have been able to pull it off. Imo, Metallica's formula in the past was working, they should've stuck with it. Pantera too.

Yeah, when they went to record Load and Re-Load, they didn't want to make another black album, so they consulted the magic 8 ball........

Shovel said:
AC/DC, there is no way they will ever change. Just won't happen, they are who they are. THUNDER! Sepultura has, for the most part, remained the same. But I can't really comment on them since I really don't listen to them.

The only reason AC/DC will never change is because they only know 3 chords and one drum beat.

pay homage to TOOL!!! TOOL is perhaps the best metal/hard rock act to ever come into existence. Too bad they broke up, but I'm patiently anticipating the new Perfect Circle album. I love all things Maynard. I'd have to say they really didn't change. They kinda just evolved and grew up a bit, but you can still hear the Tool sound. That tribal bass driven music just really gets every girlfriend I've ever had horny. If you want to get laid, don't put on Barry White. Put on Undertow by Tool.

Shovel said:
AC/DC, there is no way they will ever change. Just won't happen, they are who they are. THUNDER! Sepultura has, for the most part, remained the same. But I can't really comment on them since I really don't listen to them.

The only reason AC/DC will never change is because they only know 3 chords and one drum beat.

pay homage to TOOL!!! TOOL is perhaps the best metal/hard rock act to ever come into existence. Too bad they broke up, but I'm patiently anticipating the new Perfect Circle album. I love all things Maynard.

Originally posted by Fumbling on Ecstasy
pay homage to TOOL!!! TOOL is perhaps the best metal/hard rock act to ever come into existence.

We did earlier in the thread. And I agree.

A friend of mine told me they did. I hope he was wrong. I saw that everyone paid homage to tool on page 2. i just think you can't pay homage enough.

Yup. You can never pay enough homage to Tool. And I think it's safe to say that Tool has not broken up. If they did, I probly would have been dead on the sidewalk from a ten story drop.
:cry:

yeah, I just did a search for tool breakup and I found out that there was nothing on it so I'm assuming that they didn't break up. I just took my friend's word for it. I should look harder next time.

Do you know if they'll be playing any new stuff yet? Or if any of the new stuff has been completed? Their website seems to be limited on updates, can't really tell what's going on.

I would only assume that new material will be played, it would make sense anyway. I can't remember when the new disc comes out.

Originally posted by shaq D
I would only assume that new material will be played, it would make sense anyway. I can't remember when the new disc comes out.

It does make sense and I hope they do play new songs. Or maybe, if they don't play new songs, they'll play old songs to remind people who they are, not that we need a reminder.

I caught the show at a mid sized club last night, it kicked so much ass. Mostly the new album, but of course they played the 2 singles from the first album.

Back