Who are the artists and producers that are giving hip hop a bad name

JARAMILLO

if you can only think about snap music and hyphy music ruining hip hop than its not over yet most people out of america dont even know what those styles of music are if you call it music.

Every gangsta clone rapper is giving hip hop a bad name. Like Plies, dumb ass n*gga shooting up a club when the cut his mic!?! Rock isn't all Death Metal why is rap all lame @ss wannabe thugs?

i think rap is more of a death metal type music than any other form of music, the worst sortof criminals come from rap thats where the death part of the music comes from, its not really that there are fake gangsters its that there are all not ejucated so they think its orite to shoot people at a club.

enyway thats not really the topic here give us some names lets be specific?

you guyz are ignorant to the fact that rappers aren't dumb. one they need a decent vocabulary. they need a quick mind to come up with lyrics. some rappers do pretty much suck if you think they suck DON'T LISTIN TO THEM. if they are "destroying" hip-hop then stop listing to them and listin to better ****.

as for producers "Nitty beats" and who ever makes D4L's laffy taffy do it like me ect. an 8 year old who just bought FL studio could make beats just as good... seriously. they are dumbing down thier music. Don't care too much. I'm very curious though what the next big talent will be. I'm lookin at the next selection team (Ryan Leslie, Mysto, and Pizzi) Ryan already has produced a hit with Cassie. and if you heard some of the ish that mysto and pizzi have produced. Can't wait o see what they do with the industry.

Projekt MS said:
you guyz are ignorant to the fact that rappers aren't dumb. one they need a decent vocabulary. they need a quick mind to come up with lyrics. some rappers do pretty much suck if you think they suck DON'T LISTIN TO THEM. if they are "destroying" hip-hop then stop listing to them and listin to better ****.

as for producers "Nitty beats" and who ever makes D4L's laffy taffy do it like me ect. an 8 year old who just bought FL studio could make beats just as good... seriously. they are dumbing down thier music. Don't care too much. I'm very curious though what the next big talent will be. I'm lookin at the next selection team (Ryan Leslie, Mysto, and Pizzi) Ryan already has produced a hit with Cassie. and if you heard some of the ish that mysto and pizzi have produced. Can't wait o see what they do with the industry.

yeah you made sense in your last paragraph, so really your agreeing with me your stating how it is which is what i was doing but im not saying your ignorant or go listen to other music, and i dont listen to that music enyway thats why i dont like it and im complaining about it.

theres been a lot of these "who's who", "whos your fav. ...", "Name the best..." type threads the past few months. I'd rather learn something from one of you then see a great forum turn to a gossip collum.

how i sounded to me but its w/e i've talked to so many hard headed people that are like rock is good rap is gay. I peronaly like rock music, but i enjoy making hip-hop and listining as well, but I can't stand when people stereo type what ip-hop actualy is. which is an expression. most artists today talk about gunz and ish cuz thats what the people want. WHY WOULD THEY BUY IT IF THEY DIDNT WANT IT. hip-hop evolves quickly. I imagine it will be totaly different in a year or 2.

..personally I don't feel the need to name drop when it comes to who is destroying hip hop. Musically and lyrically from what I see, most music being pandered as hip hop today seems to be geared towards children. Really, the music is childish and the lyrics are equally infantile. As a grown azz 30 something man, I just can't do it, I look ridiculous driving down the boulevard bumping "Laffy Taffy". On the other side of that, if you look at the early days of hip hop, there wasn't much rocket science going on either. It was about partying or speaking about life's everyday woes. But it has evolved into much more and with the exception of a few artists/producers who are writing creative issh and making great beats, the majority I hear on the radio just isn't good. Like my man said earlier though, there is an audience for the wack hip hop of today, the "fans" are requesting it on the radio and buying the CD's. I am a firm believer that music is a reflection of the person listening to it. Most people who have a broad musical taste usually have a broader outlook on life. Education doesn't matter, it's about one's vision of themself. If one chooses to listen to infantile music what does that say about the person? I can only listen to so much bragging about chains and rims....I can only listen to so many rhymes and beats my 4 yr old can create. Wack is wack and I long for the day when hip hop will be respected the way it deserves to be respected...as an artform that people took pride in and represented with honor.

Bottom line, I'm by far not an authority on hip hop but one doesn't have to be a chef to know the food is bad. I'm just not a fan of hip hop that makes us look stupid and ignorant and unfortunately that seems to be what's popping according to the masses...

Hip Hop Today = the hustle to sell mediocre music to people who know no better

Renaissance said:
..personally I don't feel the need to name drop when it comes to who is destroying hip hop. Musically and lyrically from what I see, most music being pandered as hip hop today seems to be geared towards children. Really, the music is childish and the lyrics are equally infantile. As a grown azz 30 something man, I just can't do it, I look ridiculous driving down the boulevard bumping "Laffy Taffy". On the other side of that, if you look at the early days of hip hop, there wasn't much rocket science going on either. It was about partying or speaking about life's everyday woes. But it has evolved into much more and with the exception of a few artists/producers who are writing creative issh and making great beats, the majority I hear on the radio just isn't good. Like my man said earlier though, there is an audience for the wack hip hop of today, the "fans" are requesting it on the radio and buying the CD's. I am a firm believer that music is a reflection of the person listening to it. Most people who have a broad musical taste usually have a broader outlook on life. Education doesn't matter, it's about one's vision of themself. If one chooses to listen to infantile music what does that say about the person? I can only listen to so much bragging about chains and rims....I can only listen to so many rhymes and beats my 4 yr old can create. Wack is wack and I long for the day when hip hop will be respected the way it deserves to be respected...as an artform that people took pride in and represented with honor.

Bottom line, I'm by far not an authority on hip hop but one doesn't have to be a chef to know the food is bad. I'm just not a fan of hip hop that makes us look stupid and ignorant and unfortunately that seems to be what's popping according to the masses...

Thread closer.

Renaissance said:

The thread is not quite closed buddy, i agree on most of that but ive rerlised that people can only blame snap music and hyphy music for hip hop losing its integrity, thats why i wanna know names becuas ei havnt enyone else say eny other artists if there isnt eny other artists then what does that tell u?.

people who complain about "state of hiphop" and all that bs are making hiphop look bad.

cos complaining never gets anything accomplished. if they want radio or whatever to play "better" music they should just switch the station, or give feedback to the dj playin that music. Or, even change the cd/mp3 on their player. Or, maybe even by doing some "really good" music which radio might play? Whinin about it makes you look like a *****.
Hiphop has a ****load of different subgenres, and YOURS isn't the "best" one cos there's something for everybody.

so you agree with ignorance being perpetuated in the music you "represent"? Most people outside of hip hop could care less about "snap" or "backpacker"...all they see are a bunch of young black kids bouncing around like monkeys, lol...that's what they see in hip hop.
It's about QUALITY over QUANTITY playboy. It's like politics, we tend to "turn the station" when a sheisty politician is on T.V. while they steadily pass laws and write policies that continue to make life for us a little harder. It gets old after a while. Freedom of choice is absolutely our right as listeners and artists...no doubt. All I'm wondering is what happened to the dope beats and dope rhymes? Once again....I'm not a "chef". I don't expect to always like everything I hear on the radio just like any other form of entertainment, but after a while it does get embarrassing. I think "that's the best they could come up with to play on this joint?" You've never felt that way? What's ruining hip hop brah is the steadily dipping standard. God forbid people speak on it, lol..wouldn't want to cut into D4L's next album budget.

Name the last innovative, creative and GOOD Hip Hop joint you heard on the radio...just curious

of course this is open to interpretation

Last edited by a moderator:
1005 said:
cos complaining never gets anything accomplished. if they want radio or whatever to play "better" music they should just switch the station, or give feedback to the dj playin that music. Or, even change the cd/mp3 on their player. Or, maybe even by doing some "really good" music which radio might play? Whinin about it makes you look like a *****.
Hiphop has a ****load of different subgenres, and YOURS isn't the "best" one cos there's something for everybody.

You didnt really answer the question im asking if there is eny other music besides snap or hyphy music that makes hip hop look bad in terms of musicality and shallow lyrics, if there the only 2 then people shouldnt need to complain

Renaissance said:
...so you agree with ignorance being perpetuated in the music you "represent"? Most people outside of hip hop could care less about "snap" or "backpacker"...all they see is hip hop.

first of all, i don't represent music. my music represents me.

umm... the mainstream folks don't think **** like that. They like to dance into hiphop, shiet they might not even listen to the words. Snap and hyphy are just trendy things they can get down to in the club.
Do you ever hear rockers complaining that "Tommy Lee ****ed up some hotel room, now they think all rockers are like that"?

JARAMILLO said:
You didnt really answer the question im asking if there is eny other music besides snap or hyphy music that makes hip hop look bad in terms of musicality and shallow lyrics, if there the only 2 then people shouldnt need to complain

90% east coast rap is on some gangsta type ****, and those dudes might complain about hyphy being ignorant.
Then there's the acid rap too, stuff Esham and on the other end Necro and the rest are pushing.
hyphy & snap are just some fun music for the clubs, i really don't get what's the big deal about those genres for some dudes..

btw, i listen all kinds of rap. from gangsta to snap into some science dropping. if the music is good, it's good.

Last edited:
90% east coast rap is on some gangsta type ****, and those dudes might complain about hyphy being ignorant.
Then there's the acid rap too, stuff Esham and on the other end Necro and the rest are pushing.
hyphy & snap are just some fun music for the clubs, i really don't get what's the big deal about those genres for some dudes..

btw, i listen all kinds of rap. from gangsta to snap into some science dropping. if the music is good, it's good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but even so there are good club and party songs to dance 2 that arnt hyphy or snap, take usher, chris brown, black eyed peas, daddy yankee ll cool j christina aguilera or even ****en michael jackson its all good party songs.

Back