"5 beats a day for 3 summers" Really? Kanye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now here's a stunner that will make ya'll reconsider the thread topic and realize that it ain't so dumb after all.

my question is.... how did he get his money?

He worked at the gap didn't he? Do you have any idea how hard it is with a job to make 5 beats a day?

Puppet said:
Okay now here's a stunner that will make ya'll reconsider the thread topic and realize that it ain't so dumb after all.

my question is.... how did he get his money?

He worked at the gap didn't he? Do you have any idea how hard it is with a job to make 5 beats a day?

That's why he quit. y'all welcome.

All jokes a side.... there would be days I would only sleep 5 hours max and I was eating Nutty Bars and drinking milk. I would not take a bath or brush my teeth I would just go straight to the board.i know how it sounds, but I was a real feen when I first got started. But all that junk food was bad for me and chocolate gave me bad pimples.

naw thats cool. kanye did it for 3 summers straight. THats on some kung fu master level tip nah mean... thats like chain an iron ball to your ankle and doing jumping flying spinning kicks of fire in a spiritual cave ya dig? its like hes a gay fish or something

Anyone with a 9 to 5 over here could do that. 4 weeks annual leave. You will just have to be willing to sacrifice your free time to make beats.

I wondered about that line too, and puzzled if i should do the same

BUT

I came to conclusion, that I'd prefer making 1 beat for 10 hours, and make sure everything is the way I want. I think Dre does the same, and You see/hear the results. Since I'm doing that, my beats are 100x hotter. 5 medicore beats < 1 Banger

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are ****ing trippin.

5 beats a day would mean, that atleast 3 of them sounded like crap or were just a skeleton layout.

A good beat takes time, period...even for kanye west.

Or are you the type of guy, who believes in those producer vids on youtube all saying, that they pulled off this hit record in like 5 minutes...FROM SCRATCH?

comon son...don't be so naive.

Last edited:
if he had all day long on an asr 10 to make beats? i can see him making 5 a day its not too hard but lets remember also a lot of people here include the mixing process as part of the beat making. back then they just made their sequences and arranged beat them and that was the beat. They polished it up at the studio. Huge time saver. Nowadays you should be able to do more w/ software.

work is work ... skill is skill , talent is talent .... BUT HUNGER IS A RAGING DESIRE ! You ever have the feeling the you would do anything for that cheeseburger ? that's what that nigga felt like man .. and now he's eating ..take notes from the man .

He's obviously exaggerating

probably some days he made like 2 beats, while others he made 6.

Hes just averaging it out. I'm sure some days he went somewhere like the mall or grocery store... So RELAX people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back