how old are you and how long you been makin beats?

i'm 25 now...

started making beats a few months ago.. but been into music quite a while..

started playing drums at the age of 12, been djing for a few years, and in december i finally started making beats

so that's YOUR pic on the avatar that I'm seeing then! Dayum!! 84.. that's old as hell.. should'a used sunblock. ha ha. I'm 27 and have been making beats since Jan 2003 with the ever so "loved" fruit. ha ha ha.. who told you? Who said I use Fruity Loops??! I'll stab a nukka that said I use that.. I.. I got a Fantom X6, and that's um.. that's all I use.. nothing else.. honest... okay, I lie.. I use a Trinton, so what? ha ha.. tryin' to make something with these beatz, feel me?

Genycis

Genycis said:
so that's YOUR pic on the avatar that I'm seeing then! Dayum!! 84.. that's old as hell.. should'a used sunblock. ha ha. I'm 27 and have been making beats since Jan 2003 with the ever so "loved" fruit. ha ha ha.. who told you? Who said I use Fruity Loops??! I'll stab a nukka that said I use that.. I.. I got a Fantom X6, and that's um.. that's all I use.. nothing else.. honest... okay, I lie.. I use a Trinton, so what? ha ha.. tryin' to make something with these beatz, feel me?

Genycis

LMAO!

im 22, been making beats since i was around 13-14. first i started spinning records, and well you know what comes after that.

22 and I guess about 3 yrs on and off. started when i was 19 for a few months..before I joined the service. When I got out of boot camp at 20yrs of age I had to completely stop because of my A-school.

I didnt start again until near the end of '03 with Reason.

Man unless I get some more motivation I might just quit the producing making game....Imma give it another month. :(

Its seems the only hot thing im producing anymore is gas.....:p

EDIT:

Or I might just stop Hip Hop and just producer Neo-Soul and Contemp. Rock music. Well just see........

Last edited:
I bought my first synth on 1993
(Ensoniq ESQ 1)

I'm 28. (this famous stuff is taking long... I need to be rich before 30)

Just kiddin... I'll die making music, even poor or without scoring...

I think you have better chances winning the lottery, then making it BIG in the Music Industry. It would be nice to get by comfortably though. I think that is a more realistic approach. IMO.

im a 20 year old loser with no life and i havent had a life since i was liek 17 so thas about how long ive been makin music. Do the math ya lazy basta**z!

Totmacher said:
im a 20 year old loser with no life and i havent had a life since i was liek 17 so thas about how long ive been makin music. Do the math ya lazy basta**z!

wat did you do. drop all your freinds and make beats?

haha,, lmao. yah, pretty much.. i didnt have many to begin with bcuz i was always in my own little world of music, i just decided to put it into action.

Zer0PointEnergY said:
I think you have better chances winning the lottery, then making it BIG in the Music Industry. It would be nice to get by comfortably though. I think that is a more realistic approach. IMO.

If I can travel, visit several countries, have fun, and do what I like making enough $$$$ to live, I think that's make it BIG in the music industry, I have face great obstacles and I still here, and my enthusiasm is bigger every day....

22.. been writing beats and flows since i was 18, but been into writing music in general since i picked up my friends crappy acoustic at the tender age of 14. Wanna hear something funny? No? I don't care :D

I remember when i didn't have a clue about "software" composition, my friend had this MTV Music Generator that he had recently bought. Well i dicked around with it, and after about 2 or three songs, i was hooked... no joke. lol. Except, i didn't just take loops and put them togetther.. No, i was hell bent on changing them and to a degree, music generator let's you do this. But i knew that when i became unsatisfied with it, the art of sample based music was burning within me and i needed an outlet. hello fruity loops version 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back