best and worst things that happened to you in this year (related to music of course)

balma

hey guys, I don't know if you would like to share any experience of the best things that happened to yourself in this year.

Good things:

Entering Future Producers. I was just making a google search, and I entered here. This site connected me for the first time with other electronic producers. In a short period of time, I have increased my knowledge, and hope I've helped others. I believe in this Karma thing, so It doesn't matter who are you helping.

Getting new equipment. I still learning about the Juno 106, and the VIRUS already arrived (I have to pay $150 in taxes:mad: )

Opening for second time to a DJ with a big name with only hardware. Representing Producers between DJs....

This sucks:

Crackhead stole my MC 505. I risked my neck inside the ghettos, bunkers and crackhouses asking to all the junkies payin a $50 reward for it. I got it again, with some big scratches.

Not getting a girlfriend. :mad: I think that's affecting my music.

The guys that were making my homepage betrayed me!!!!!!

:cheers: I hope the best for music on 2004.

i've been djing for almost 7 years now, but only producing for less than one year. the best thing that i did for myself musically this year was begin to finally make some tracks! i have played the guitar since high school, have always been into music, but never really knew anything about producing electronic music. finally i did some serious research and now i couldnt quit if i wanted to. stumbling upon FP definitely ties into all of this, because i dont have anyone around me that is into making music like myself. so for the first time i have been able to get good advice, and give whatever little advice that i am able to.

worst thing - had a bunch of records stolen from me. . . man i miss those tracks.

happy new year everyone, i hope it only gets better and better for you all.

Good: A salvo of killer gear and records in 2003. I even bought two digital DJ toys...

Bad: I have done next to nothing to really promote myself and get out there this year, so I really wasted the two previous years. But I will surely give it another go...

I Placed a Fostex Digital Mixer on Lay-away at a local pawn shop. But couldnt pay for it in time and they sold my sh!t!! and kept my deposit.:mad:

Almost forgot the "Best thing":

My son Anthony, was born on 10/06/2003 @ 11:35 PM.
My Wife Endured 12 hrs of labor before accepting any strong medication (She was a real soldier). Then 2 hrs later he was in my arms.

Thats part of the reason I couldnt afford the mixer:p

But Having my first child has put alot of things into focus. I have more reason to go @ things whole souled.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) good: my MOOG L.A.M.M. Memorymoog (and maybe my Elka Synthex will arrive before New Year's Day), being part of FP mods

:( bad: my computer's crashing all the time lately - I'm afraid I'll have to do a " format *.* " and reinstall everything...

good :) getting to use a professional studio for free and learning so much.

finding fp.com. i dont remember how but i'm glad i was fortunate enough to find it.

getting my avatar:D

being a part of the mixtape.

you guys friendship unhampered by distance!!;)

having a really cool sig made for free.:)

getting my motif7.

bad:mad: having 5 grand of equipment stolen from my church includiong my old sequencing keyboard the korg x3:cry:

reading the motif manual:cry:

Good:

- Moving away from ejay and getting a copy of FL, I dont know what i would be doing these days if it wasnt for music.
- Finding FP, without a doubt the best thing on the net.
- Am soon going to produce some ambient background music for a website, and maybe something more upbeat for someone's radio talk slot :D

Bad:

- Moving out, so no music mon - fri, which physically hurts! :cry:
- Getting so much aggro from everywhere about my sleeping patterns which i have now conditioned to work around my music, ie, make music at 4am.
- [not music related] : Drinking 63% overproof rum on a virtually empty stomach, followed by a double shot of bacardi, swigging malibu straight from the bottle (how stupid), and 3 vodka and cokes. Am normally a heavyweight but damn i puked my guts out!

StopRushing said:
Good:

- [not music related] : Drinking 63% overproof rum on a virtually empty stomach, followed by a double shot of bacardi, swigging malibu straight from the bottle (how stupid), and 3 vodka and cokes. Am normally a heavyweight but damn i puked my guts out!

Could you play music at the nex day???
If don't, it's music related, no problem:D

oh i forgot something important. . .

good - getting a new job one month ago that pays very well, so now i am much more relaxed and can genuinely concentrate on my music in my spare time. no more worrying!

buying so much new stuff i havent had the time to properly learn the in's and out's of them all like i should. is that a good or bad thing? got robbed they took a triton and a bunch of other things =bad. dem boyz put in some work and got my sh!t back. every cable every disk everything= good

Thanks

I was beaten the punch and I did not know it... Anyway, the electronic one I would like to do needs to get going! Check out the 'hey production heads' thread on here...
-Peasant Nikon

Ok here we go...

Good things..

-signed in on my third year of uni! information technology! yippie!
-my kung-fu training is doing well
-i made more money of my music than in all years before.
-i found about FP
-i won a beatbattle on FP! :)
-i made some bizz deals via fp
-I am a part of the internet mixtape, THE ALREADY FAMOUS "FUTURE OF HIP-HOP mixtape" C'mon people support us by bootleging it ;)
-i found a local artist/MC who is very promising and i see a major deal and couple of albums out.
-many people on fp like my stuff which is specially good because it comes from the >>branche<< (j-traxx bro, thanks for that break-ya-neck metphore!)
:cheers:

THANKS to all of you who shoved me love and support!!!

bad things..

-not having a time for relationships, only for hoes aside.
-being lazy, i could have done even more
-not studiying enough. i'm a :monkey:

Back