What DAW Do YOU Use?!

went from reason to fl to reason to reaper to logic and protools and prob reason again lol LOGIC FO LIFE

heh I also started with Garageband first and then somebody introduced me to Reason =D never looked back.

Last edited:
FL for beats. Want to get into Logic and switch to it for everything, but everything I've heard that came out of Logic sounds too keyboardy, sterile, robotic, or just wrong, so I'm uninspired to try to learn it.

Pro Tools for recording.

Last edited:
out of all the beats ive made with logic no one has said it soudns robotic or "midi sounding"

Not all of us are mac users...

EDIT: Or can you use it with a pc?
I used to run Pro Tools 8 on a Dell Dimension P4 2.7ghz single core with 4gb Ram. Thanks to routing and UAD and Powercore plug ins I could run all the FX I wanted too. Never gave me a glitch. But I'm sure i'm one of a rare few you'll hear of who were that lucky.

I'd suggest getting a beast of a computer(PC or Mac)so you can hold no bars in a program like Pro Tools.

Doesn't it really just depend on your sound bank? lol U S0 S177Y o_O

well im mostly using stock sounds. thats the understanding of why he make the comment on logic and for my reply.

DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG JIMBA... But you do have that same Logic sound I was speaking of. Nothing wrong with that sound if that's what you are going for. Tons of producers and artists want that sound and love that sound. But there is a sound to Logic I personally don't like that I can't get past while using it. Wierd because i never had that problem in other Daws I've used(Pro Tools, FL, Reason, Sonar).

I'm sure I sound like I'm taking crazy pills, I'm the guy who usually says the DAW makes no difference.

DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG JIMBA... But you do have that same Logic sound I was speaking of. Nothing wrong with that sound if that's what you are going for. Tons of producers and artists want that sound and love that sound. But there is a sound to Logic I personally don't like that I can't get past while using it. Wierd because i never had that problem in other Daws I've used(Pro Tools, FL, Reason, Sonar).

I'm sure I sound like I'm taking crazy pills, I'm the guy who usually says the DAW makes no difference.

its all in ur head. I go for whatever soudns good. weather its natural clean acoustic sounds, dirty gritty, "midi" sounding.

some ppl think ive used samples or recorded live orchs and havent. some ppl think ive used retro synths. its just u and ur head thats all.

Back