Reason 5

Do you think REASON 5 will allow third party plug ins?

• Yes

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 91.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've done the nudge to no avail,

your instrument track solution was on point though.

as far as the pro tools specific thing, im still saying its on reason because pro tools is king.
its like making your video game not compatible with either system (360 or ps3) and expecting them to change.

Mixing is what we are talking about here. I just stated that a few post ago.
To be real I don't think I am alone here when I say I don't really even like pt.
It is very fickle but it is also what a lot of the studios out here are used to so if you don't feel like converting all your files all the time you gotta roll with the big dog.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Mixing is what we are talking about here. I just stated that a few post ago.
To be real I don't think I am alone here when I say I don't really even like pt.
It is very fickle but it is also what a lot of the studios out here are used to so if you don't feel like converting all your files all the time you gotta roll with the big dog.

True fylez

But then the question becomes why have mxing capabilities at all.
Sometimes idk what there original target audience was but I can tell its changed
And this change is gearing towards trying to at least compete with logic.
It seemed like originally they tried to be master of all trades

there are some questionable tone issues on this one that i will address.
- firstly i don't know if you even read all of this but i will repeat i started off on reason when i started producing the whole idea of a vst was pretty new to me.

- secondly while you are right about being able to create most sounds from the vsts on reason you are forgetting the issue of time. when i am making a beat i want to due a little tweaking at the most. i don't have time to be hamming up my creative process trying to create a sound from scratch and most of the synth patches in reason refills (i have synths 1 - 3) are god awful. i have since made quiet a few of my own but the process is very time consuming. niether you or i are rob papen.

- also, while I specifically used to word "plug in" rather than vst or vsti for the purpose of specifying a program used to make music and a program used to improve the sound quality of that music.
any wavs bundle >>>>> reason mastering suite.
you could theoretically mix totally in reason but to get a good mix you gotta put in a lot more effort than just doing some stuff in pro tools.
i really do love reason and just want it to become a more complete product so i don't have to keep jumping from program to program to use.
I started making beats on Reason 2.0 in 2003. I wasn't even sure what a vst was until 2004 some time. I don't think thats a real excuse but in fact it should be more so why you should have learned how to program things inside of Reason in the first place. also why r u in such a hurry to finish the beat? do u have a quota of beats u must make per day or how fast you must make them in? quite honestly most of the time I make sounds during times when I am having creative blocks. Thats just me. But often times at least for me its faster to just make a sound from scratch than to dig through presets. I also have the entire sonic reality gold set I understand how crap some of those synth presets are. Most synth presets especially in the software world (not talking romplers but on actual synths) tend to suck anyway in my experience. And why are we trying to be Rob Papen I am happy being myself and I am cool with that. I don't want his sounds or everyone elses I want my own. Also who cares who good the wave bundle sounds (i find it wild that so many people have the waves bundles but most of us know we cant afford it) what ever happend to just making something that sounds good. Can you make something that sounds good in Reason alone or do you really need 8 or 9 other things to sound good? This generation of producers are spoiled as hell and to an extent cry babies about any kind of limitation what so ever. Do you use tools to make music or do you do what tools allow you to do and hopefully make music eventually? Skills are skills and they are pretty transparent from application to application.

Sometimes idk what there original target audience was

yeah you do...if you know what the original point of creating Reason was.

Reason shouldn't be looked at any differently from a MPC, a Fantom, or any other instrument.

Propellerhead never intended for Reason to be an "all in one" (compose / record / mix / master) solution...it's PEOPLE that keep on looking at what it wasn't even designed to be in the first place as a drawback.

the fact of the matter is that Reason is misunderstood...cats can't get over the fact that it was just meant to be an instrument, and nothing else (for the most part)

$.02

1. as far as i know, reason is the only one using a "rewire" set up so it is on them to make sure it works optimally for all the major (and it doesn't get anymore major than pt) sequencers.

2. clipping is the wrong word, but it is definently timing related, you hear a distinct sound when the drum loops back over to the first bass hit very annoying.
Reaper, Ableton, Rebirth, Fruity Loops, Live, and probably another app or two that I have forgotten all use rewire. Props created rewire but its not their job to make sure it works right with every app out there. its easier for everyone for the owner of the app to make rewire work in their app not the other way around

Why would they? They're trying to build the ultimate, self contained system. IF they let you use outside stuff, then they're competing on the same playing field as every other DAW, which is not their goal.

So no...sorry. Wanna use 3rd party stuff, get a real DAW, and rewire Reason to it.

I started making beats on Reason 2.0 in 2003. I wasn't even sure what a vst was until 2004 some time. I don't think thats a real excuse but in fact it should be more so why you should have learned how to program things inside of Reason in the first place. also why r u in such a hurry to finish the beat? do u have a quota of beats u must make per day or how fast you must make them in? quite honestly most of the time I make sounds during times when I am having creative blocks. Thats just me. But often times at least for me its faster to just make a sound from scratch than to dig through presets. I also have the entire sonic reality gold set I understand how crap some of those synth presets are. Most synth presets especially in the software world (not talking romplers but on actual synths) tend to suck anyway in my experience. And why are we trying to be Rob Papen I am happy being myself and I am cool with that. I don't want his sounds or everyone elses I want my own. Also who cares who good the wave bundle sounds (i find it wild that so many people have the waves bundles but most of us know we cant afford it) what ever happend to just making something that sounds good. Can you make something that sounds good in Reason alone or do you really need 8 or 9 other things to sound good? This generation of producers are spoiled as hell and to an extent cry babies about any kind of limitation what so ever. Do you use tools to make music or do you do what tools allow you to do and hopefully make music eventually? Skills are skills and they are pretty transparent from application to application.

again were making some pretty big assumptions here,
so me wanting something with better work flow instantly translates to "i am in a humongous hurry to finish beats"?
by that logic there should be no such thing as hot keys at all.

and i never said its reasons job to make sure rewire works for every app, but i didn say it is reasons job to make sure rewire works for what is potentially THE MOST USED OF THOSE APPS.

wouldnt it not be a problem if apps for the iphone worked good for every smart phone but the iphone?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Why would they? They're trying to build the ultimate, self contained system.

i feel this to. i think they knew they couldn't really do recording at the time, but they wanted to cover everything else they could.
otherwise why even add a "mastering suite"?

there goal was to be as all in one as possible. i like romes logic of it being a very capable plug in.

nothing wrong w/ the workflow INSIDE Reason...when you step outside of it, may the force be w/ you...
:cry:
LOL! that pretty much sums it up!
but honestly i hate making sounds from scratch,
its cool when making sounds during creative blocks (i do that to xai)
but when your in the middle of an idea and you wanna get that beat down you don't wanna stop and make a sound, YOU WANNA MAKE THE BEAT).

oh and to answer a question by rome a couple of pages back,
reason has two samplers (nn19 and the nnxt respectively) because people were so used to the old one they decided to keep it up there for familiarties sake. i suspect the nn19 will be gone by R5 and the redrum will resemble an mpc from what i hear.

lol @ this thread. Reason and vsts. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Movie coming soon to theaters.
Reason 5: When Rewire Just Isn't Enough

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
again were making some pretty big assumptions here,
so me wanting something with better work flow instantly translates to "i am in a humongous hurry to finish beats"?
by that logic there should be no such thing as hot keys at all.

and i never said its reasons job to make sure rewire works for every app, but i didn say it is reasons job to make sure rewire works for what is potentially THE MOST USED OF THOSE APPS.

wouldnt it not be a problem if apps for the iphone worked good for every smart phone but the iphone?
hot keys make tasks easier sometimes i dont see how its really im in a hurry to make things faster thing. u said it yourself that you dont have time to create certain sounds thats on you then. You know what reason is capable of. either use it or move to something else. as far as apps not being rewire ready rewire was really designed for cubase and rebirth. for a while cubase was the only daw with rewire and then digi design decided to add it to their program years after the fact. Its not props responsibility to change their entire system because someone else decided they wanted to use it to. digi should have gotten it right when they added it years down the road after it was created. Now if rewire was created for everything at one time sure I would see where you might be coming from but thats not how it is. Most daws supported DX and VST early but didn't take on rewire until 2004-2005.

xai to be real, your coming off a little emotional about reason "use it or move on to the next one" i didn't mean to insult your program, i like reason breathe.

as far as me saying myself i don't have time to make sounds all day
I DON'T
when im blocked sure, but stopping my productivity of making a beat to create a synth from scratch when i have thousands of synths i could just tweak in (lets just say) omnisphere seems counter productive, then you get these refills that for the most part are pretty blah. you don't see how the hot keys thing relates to this because you don't WANT to. your too busy trying to fit this with your arugment. as far as when pro tools decided to come around it really doesn't matter. if your the leading product in an industry then YES YOU DO GET CATERED TO.

you think the cavaliers are gonna bench lebron if he misses a practice? no he starting, let delonte west (honestly i don't know if he is even still on the cavs right now but he is the only other one i could think of) did the same his ass is riding pine.
its like this omnisphere i got has a spot for both vsti's and rtas you think spectrasonics was like "you know what screw digidesing they can either start using vst's or they get nothing were not changing for them even though they are pretty much the industry standard!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back