Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: best software for making beats for beginners ?

ArringtonMuzik is offline Registered User
    Sign in to disable this ad
    CUBASE 7! has EVERYTHING except decent Drums.. get yourself cubasse 7 motu machfive 3 and either a machine or arturia spark and get busy, trust me thats all you'll ever need.. Mach Five 3 is sooooooo deeeeep! and dope lol

Vuijkie is offline Registered User
    Years ago i "worked" a bit with fl studio, nothing too serious but it wasn't that hard. Actually I dont think it matters that much what you start with. Each programme has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I recently started with Logic and though i find the learning curve high in comparisson to Fl studio, i have already learned a lot by searching forums and watching videos on youtube. I think that i f you really want to do it, you should do it right from the start.

skerrick is offline Skerrick
    yeah pick whichever one you wanna use and just stick with it. no point changin halfway through your learning process, that would be detrimental... unless youre a genius and any program just flows for you.. the hardest/biggest thing is understanding what everythign in the program actually is and what it does. once you have a grasp on the technicalities of production, you can find the same applications and processes in all of the programs, the only difference is GUI and OS.

IC3FIR3 is offline Registered User
    Hey check out Beaterator for beginners and pros!
    Cheers!

hollandturbine is offline Registered User
    Although it might seem counter intuitive I would recommend looking for a controller first as many of them ship with light versions of software that "might" provide a cheaper upgrade path to a full version thus saving you money in the long run....it's also better to use a controller as opposed to clicking shit in with the mouse.

You might also want to think about what computer you plan to use in future because some software is platform specific.

Thanks to ReWire your time learning one program such as Reason does not mean you have to abandon it should you decide to move onto something more advanced like Cubase at a later date.

ManiaRib is offline Registered User
    Lmms is free

yarrgh
    [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/brian-amin/lume-unmastered[/SOUNDCLOUD]

bconover93 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Infinite View Post
    Before you go and spend 100 dollars, or however much, on a top flight DAW, you may want to check out some ones that are free, if you are an absolute beginner.
    Check out MuLab 4. That should be a good start if you're looking to get into FL Studio.
    or you could get the demo first to get a feel for it. that's what I did back when I started (Fall 2010).

So Flawless is offline Registered User
    reason is good for anyone from beginners to advanced.

NickChristen is offline Registered User
    Ableton

skerrick is offline Skerrick
    Quote Originally Posted by NickChristen View Post
    Ableton
    i bet you use ableton..

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information