Best drumkit that you ever bought?

gescajadillo

Please state the product(s) that you bought and the genre. I am looking for drum samples that are ready to go... mostly for 808 based hip hop, electronic dance, and dubstep. Any recommendations?

I messed around with the Official Boi 1DA kit a while back. Didn't really mess with it before because the sounds were all over the place and didn't feel like putting them in order or going through all the hats and snares and stuff to get to a kick I would like to use. WELL......I seperated all the drums in it's category and...JUST THAT KIT ALONE I AM DONE WITH DRUMS. I don't want to see not a nan another commercial kit no more. It's like a life time supply of quality drums......so what that they were used in commercial songs already...(reason I kind of hesitated messing with it.) Listening to those drums and a lot of the demo commercial stuff......makes the commercial stuff sound too corny like they tried to hard to create drums never heard before and got too carried away. It's even broke down into the sounds that were layered to create the drum for a particular song. So it has plenty of sounds to layer with out sounds to create your own drums from them. Man it's the best kit out there IMO....for free. Go to his blog.

I bought a kit last month just for the hell of it. lol! It was a special to by any drum kit and get 500 kicks for free. I listen to the demo and said I'll go ahead and get something.....so I bout a kit that was nothing but snares for $12. It was all drums mainly for electronic music.

Deep Kicks

L8-Night Samples: Snares

Great for layering if you wanted to create some drums.

Last edited:
I think the best sound kits ive gotten are ones ive found for free or made myself, most of the ones ive bought were always pretty generic sounds.

If you want an 808 I don't think you can go wrong with the actual 808 emulation. D16 Group Audio Software - Beyond Perfection - Nepheton I hear nothing but good things about their emulations. As for packs I really like the Gold Baby Tape 808s but for the most part I make my own 808s by hand using various synths. Here is a video I made on how to make 808 kicks on a synth its really easy to do and takes a few seconds.

I found a really great kit called zennheiser in pack i bought, cant remember which one...

I get a lot of mine from computer music mag samples too

bought? ;D LOL but seriously look at dope drums vol 3 just google it.. I"m looking to cop that next it's more for hip hop music and for electronic.. hmm i gotta find one

i found a mega pack "ultimate producer drum pack" bout 2 months ago online. Bout 5gigs of drums packs from everybody (gold mine), and somebody posted a link to a blog with producers drum kits (gold mine again). Eventually I want to making my on, but those combined with my on-board stuff is enough for now.

Producers Drum | Just another WordPress site

Another thumbs up for Goldbaby. Their sample packs are ace. I also like Native Instruments Abbey Roads 60's drums.

Last edited:
Second the Official Boi1da kit- pretty dope... but it was free- matter fact most of the best kits I have I got for free... not to mention that most of the kits ppl want you to buy are just kits that they got for free and maybe processed them, if your lucky- if not same exact drums- different name... that's happened to me many times.

hip hop - urban fire 4 5 and 6
all fatloud dope drums(z) and drum hits
i like everything from "sounds in hd" a nice blend of live drums and hard hitting 808s
A friend of mine recently sent me a kit called "big white banging kit vol 1-3" and i think it's one of the best hip hop kits i've had. quality and organized nice.

electro/house/dubstep - i have vengeance on salary hahaha, pay them like i pay my bills.. lights water gas and "vengeance"
and Zenhiser
I'll take all of these kits and layer layer layer

hip hop - urban fire 4 5 and 6
all fatloud dope drums(z) and drum hits
i like everything from "sounds in hd" a nice blend of live drums and hard hitting 808s
A friend of mine recently sent me a kit called "big white banging kit vol 1-3" and i think it's one of the best hip hop kits i've had. quality and organized nice.

electro/house/dubstep - i have vengeance on salary hahaha, pay them like i pay my bills.. lights water gas and "vengeance"
and Zenhiser
I'll take all of these kits and layer layer layer
So the urban fire stuff is worth the asking price? I am half debating on grabbing a couple

I think it depends on the person, i like their stuff therefore i'll pay for it. I like the quality and energy they put into their sounds. Soon i'll even pay them for personal custom sounds.
I think 4 5 and 6 are my favs but all of them are nice and have their advantages. And their electro kit is nice as well. The demo doesn't do the kits any justice lol but i think they're worth it taking into account the time and energy they put into them.

Back