Mpc5000

monogee said:
MSRP is $3,500.

ahem, my $3500 will be well spent on my Open Labs Miko. If it can't run pro-tools and vsts, it just can't keep my attention

Trusty said:
Half the features the 4k was announced to have that wasn't implemented in the intitial press release, and half of the features it did have didn't function properly. :) Or at least by all reports on it from the users when it first came out. Considering the money they had to sink in it, I wasn't surprised by all the anger if it wasn't functioning properly.

And most of these were pretty big things, like being able to burn cd's, also if i remember correctly, being able to preview samples directly from hd and such were implemented later on... biggest problem of the 5000 is that it's not a full sampler vs. the price. this should be called 3500 more or less, and should cost about 500 more than 2500, not the price it is offered right now.

jahrome said:
Akai has a history of saying shyt that doesn't exist yet? Such as?

Also.. have they actually done anything to the pad problem on was it mpc1000 (or was it on 2500 also?)?

Last edited:
I had an MV8.

Loved it for a time, it got fried.

Was gonna replace it...

Then, thought about the load and startup times and was like "Hellz No! I'm not getting another one of those things!"

So I have an MPC 2500 now.

One thing I really miss though...Internal Synthesis!

Having all of the instruments, patches, every sound in one machine!

Not a Mac, not Windows, not a stripped down Frankenstein like Miko, Neo or Muse; Just a machine that was built to encompass all of my production in one box.

Now, if someone starts creating BEAST sample sets, patches and instruments for the MPC 5000; then that will be a dream come true!

Where's Trusty when you need 'em?

R.Jaye said:
I had an MV8.

Loved it for a time, it got fried.

Was gonna replace it...

Then, thought about the load and startup times and was like "Hellz No! I'm not getting another one of those things!"

So I have an MPC 2500 now.

One thing I really miss though...Internal Synthesis!

Having all of the instruments, patches, every sound in one machine!

Not a Mac, not Windows, not a stripped down Frankenstein like Miko, Neo or Muse; Just a machine that was built to encompass all of my production in one box.

Now, if someone starts creating BEAST sample sets, patches and instruments for the MPC 5000; then that will be a dream come true!

Great observation. I sample so the MPC 2KXL or 2500 is prefect for me but if I need a synth my Triton is right beside me.

<embed src="http://www.sonicstate.com/tv/flvplayer.swf" FlashVars="config=http://www.sonicstate.com/tv/?id=993" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="400" height="330" name="flvplayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowFullScreen="true" />

16, i feel you on that. I work similarly.

Let me explain my only real beef with that kinda HW setup: SYNCING!

Thats my beef. Attempting to sync synth modules to call up a previous song can be a real b*tch. With a triton, I'm sure you can save the session as a song. However with other synth that are non-workstations, its a challenge to load the same session twice.

Having the entire production in one box eliminates this issue, allowing the identical session to be recalled every time.

Thats one thing I loved about the MV, as well as thats also where DAW/VST apps shine.

Last edited:
R.Jaye said:
16, i feel you on that. I work similarly.

Let me explain my only real beef with that kinda HW setup: SYNCING!

Thats my beef. Attempting to sync synth modules to call up a previous song can be a real b*tch. With a triton, I'm sure you can save the session as a song. However with other synth that are non-workstations, its a challenge to load the same session twice.

Having the entire production in one box eliminates this issue, allowing the identical session to be recalled every time.

Thats one thing I loved about the MV, as well as thats also where DAW/VST apps shine.

Yeah, The Triton makes syncing and recalling very easy. I simply save my instruments used as a templete. 16 in total can save in memory. The midi is saved in The MPC. I've never tried but my boy is from the old school and he saves the pgm on The MPC 3000 and it recalls the synth data. If you look in the right hand corner above Velo%100 you should see Pgm off---Switch it on and turn the data wheel and you should be able to change the channel to hear different instruments from your sound module.
Good luck man

Last edited by a moderator:
the best thing bout the new 5000 coming??? all the fickle mv users selling off there 8800's at craze prices... now ii can get an mv to compliment my 2kxl lol...

Can I load my ALL_SEQS&SONGS.ALL from my MPC1000 to my MPC5000 (can i play an entire song I made on just my MPC1000 on 5000? I tried and it did not work, but I read from Akai that the 5000 was compatible with the 1000. Thanks

Yes you can. Stop posting the same question over and over. You should have googled it, checked akais site or created a new thread.

Back