MPC 2500 or MV-8800??

I think the MPC sound more grimey than the MV. Go on youtube and listen to tracks from MV and MPC. Seems like the MPC sounds better. Maybe I'm trippin. I got the MV and I want to try the MPC2500 for the sound just to see if its a real difference soundwise.

phenix said:
I think the MPC sound more grimey than the MV. Go on youtube and listen to tracks from MV and MPC. Seems like the MPC sounds better. Maybe I'm trippin. I got the MV and I want to try the MPC2500 for the sound just to see if its a real difference soundwise.
That signature sound died with the MPC-3000 and the 500/1000/2500/50000 are made from much different and much much cheaper components. The new units are MPCs by brand only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a mv8000 and owned every mpc made except the 500 and 2500

The mpc line is real transparent drums are too thin....mv has better lows

But my asr 10 blows both away in sound quality

I DONT THINK HE WAS SAYING "PUNCH" . I THINK EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON THE DRUMS AND EQING THEM BUT I COULD BE WRONG. I HAD A MPC1000 BUT NOW I HAVE THE MV8800. LOVE BOTH THE SAME BUT THE MV IS MY PRINCESS.
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/VMANWARNER

Oh I Am Not Screaming I Just Like My Letter Capitalized :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ezbiz said:
so your saying MVs has more punch then most mpcs?
The sounds on he MV are more crisp, and the lows are more apparent. Keep in mind though, alot of what u get back in terms of the sound of your production also depend on a decent pair of STUDIO MONITORS!!

phenix said:
Keep in mind the sound that u get from what ever platform is not going to the ending result, it's called mixing and mastering ur sound to taylor it the way u want it to sound. When u hear these sounds, they all are default, or raw and uncut. Its up to the user to distinguish his sound from the next mans.

sal vegas said:
:( the mv8800 is not the same as the fantom i know cause i have them both
In some regards the MV and the Fantom are the same. But their abilities are what set them apart, Oh, don't forget creativity. If u don't hav that, then u don't hav isshh. No matter how much equipment u hav.

Zerep said:
Hi!

I am wondering what to buy - the MPC 2500 or MV-8800? I really like the colour screen on the MV, but everyone here seems to talk about the MPC...

If You compare the features and future suppport - what is best?

Best regards,

Christian
Point blank, how many MPC's(models) do u need to match the one MV?? My opinion, the MV is all the MPC rolled in one and then some.

Last edited:
deegood said:
Its all about the mv baby!!! I've had the mpc 1k, 2kxl, and 4000 and all of them put together don't match the 8800. (Imo). I'm not against akai just because I chose to switch. I had no problems with none of the mpcs. I just wanted to try something else and I thank GOD I gave the mv a chance. Its really a nice piece for sampling, sequencing, effects, mixing and mastering. Burn a disc. If you know how to use it, its magic!!!!!! The learning curve is nothing when you're determined. Try it for yourself.

I am caught between the MPC 2500 and the MV... but let me ask you... can you hook a midi controller to the MV and can I run it to Pro Tools?

bleuwaterz said:
I am caught between the MPC 2500 and the MV... but let me ask you... can you hook a midi controller to the MV and can I run it to Pro Tools?

Yes and quite easy i might add.

Yo, that's the beauty of having "CHOICES!" Use what works for you! I know several "so-called" producers here in the 313 that swear by a certain "piece (or set) of equipment," and when they see how I get busy with my MPC 1k and Reason 4, piped into Logic 8 or Pro Tools (whichever I feel like playing with or my clients prefer), IT BLOWS THEIR MIND! I personally prefer my drums (and sometimes, samples) to come from the MPC 1k. Mind you, I run nothing less than dual 19" monitor on two different stations. In this case, a MV8800 would be overkill for me.

Im also considering either an mpc 2500 or the mv8800, but after reviewing the specs I thik im gonna go with the MV. It has tons of useful function unlike the mpc, which just seems really plain and poor. It already comes with loads of sounds; drums and others instruments like pianos, strings etc. The color screen and the option of controling everything with a mouse is a freaking mpc killer.

Save alot of dough and get the Native Instruments "maschine", which will do as much as those and some more. Due to be in stores in March. I used to own an MV and was going to repurchase one till I saw this.

Back