How do you producers feel when.....?

lol assuming i use soundclick. the reason i ask this is because my granddad was telling me how back in his day everybody played instruments to make music and i just click stuff on the computer and i feel bad because I feel as if im not doing any work. like i am using steriouds

don't feel bad because you don't do the same thing. clicking with the mouse to create a synth melody isn't an alternative of playing bass.

Yall got off point, my question is like how the older hip-hop heads compare themselves to the newer generation like soulja boy.

the minute i stopped caring about other producers opinions is the minute i started making the best music of my life lol

so i feel no type of way

the minute i stopped caring about other producers opinions is the minute i started making the best music of my life lol

so i feel no type of way
just wanna quote this for emphasis

i think its somethin that comes from makin music for years, cause i used to make beats and add elements just so i could post them here and on other forums for producers. once i realized that wasnt gettin me anywhere, i just continued to work on my sound (im still learning things) and i havent posted a beat here in awhile. i have very few new tracks online.

its a double edged sword to havin this technology cause we can do so much with it, but people want to everything NOW and i think the music is suffering from it. now im not sayin go the dr dre route (shots fired lol) and hold on to material for years, but just know that it takes time.

Last edited:
Yall got off point, my question is like how the older hip-hop heads compare themselves to the newer generation like soulja boy.

wait ... wait ... i dont get it were'nt you mad cus someone made fun of you for using fl ? :confused:

explain

Last edited:
the funny thing about that Lex video is that people are acting like it's the first time dude ever sat down and made a beat

it lets me know that its possible and inspires me to keep going. a few years ago FL studio was a joke in the industry.

I don't waste my time worrying about what anybody else is using unless they have a specific sound or effect I like.

so i feel no type of way
same here. you limit yourself when you start to give a damn about other overly opinionated over analyzing ass internet producers. f*ck em and make music you love

^ thats why I dont pay no mind to any other artist/producer/beatmaker/etc.. I don't sit and drool all over youtube watching "5 minute beat" videos and praise people as the messiah for doing things like that. I do my own thing. I always had a saying, if you look up to people, you'll always be looking up, if you look down on people, you'll look down and see people looking up to you.

I use Sony ACID Pro for all my production needs. I can do just about anything it it that anyone else can do in any other program. It works for me. But now, I can guarantee, if I made a video of me making some 'dope ass trap beat' with sony acid pro and post it on youtube. When people see that video, their gonna rush to get sony acid pro thinkin ittl make them make music as hot as mine; but in the end it doesn't. These kinda people get nowhere.

people have their own way of workin, regardless of whether its hardware or software, playing melodies in or clicking them with their mouse. once you find out what suits you best then go with it, obviously the people making hot beats quick know their workflow.

everyone else is just sitting around analyzing stuff that doesnt need to be and getting worked up about it. dont worry about other peoples gear and concentrate on your own, at the end of the day nobody gives a damn what you use as long as you bang out some decent tunes.

As a very avid musician, AND an avid user of FL studio, I think the wrong question has been asked... the right question is "does complexity make better music?"

I have 3 full scholarships for advanced jazz guitar and am no slouch when it comes to shreddin'... My jazz professor can play 8 notes and make my 80 sound like crap. While I personally think it is imperative to learn some sort of melodic instrument to enhance your production ideas, if clicking a few step sequences sounds better than the master pianists compositions... it sounds better. Kinda like the base rule of Mixing "Do what sounds good." SO, for any producers out there that are upset at some youngin' tapping a few buttons and coming up with a 400,000,000 view youtube video for thier latest mix... looks like they will just have to counter with better songs!

oh and lol @ sbrander

Last edited:
it lets me know that its possible and inspires me to keep going. a few years ago FL studio was a joke in the industry.

even tho I use reason.. i know FL been a beast since I found out about it on 2001.. like everyone stresses... its the user.. can U do this??? :monkey:

Good Thread, but i got to say it is the user not the tool. I have Fl and Reason and for a while there my midi keyboard went down. Did i stop making beats? Hell No, was it slightly easier with the keyboard? yes it was. This thread made me laugh because when i first started making beats i didn't even have a keyboard and had to point and click in chords and melodies.

i dont care really, what ever u make ur music with, master it and will have your own sound and technic. hardware?software, who cares anymore these days when people attention spans are so low the forget the song in 1-2 months anyway. just make good music and worry about yourself is how i feel.

You see producers like lex luger that use fruity loops and just click notes using the basic sounds, but still gettin paid. But you got producers on youtube with all this equipment but not gettin placements yet? Do some of you older producers look down on people like him cuz thats all he does to make beats, rather then playing the piano or whatever?
Listen to what you just said. Does that matter? It's never the machine, it's the man behind the machine.

If you make a bangin track with a steel drum and knockin 2 bananas together, its still a bangin track. Like someone said earlier in the thread, its about your ear and a creative mind. True, there are a lot of simple "trap" beatmakers out there, but thats because a lot of rappers like that sound, and a lot of listeners like it as well. Personally I don't care to listen to it or make it, but that's me. Eventually it'll be played out and there will be a new fad, but I can't hate on Lex Luger or anyone else for riding the wave. If he can get paid for using FL Studio or whatever else, more power to him.
With that said, there are plenty of "beatmakers" in the world, but far less "producers". Just like there are plenty of rappers and singers but far fewer "artists". Depends on your dedication to the music.

Back