what do they use?

Just go to google and put in "remixmag the neptunes". Go to the very bottom and it will tell you all the equipment they use.

They use mostly:

microkorg (Midi Controller/Tweaked Sounds)
asr-10 (Drums)
Korg 01/W (Sequencer)
Triton (Stock Sounds)

Last edited:
Why do people say Beetmaker VST....its a stupid joke and not really funny either. Plus its not real.

Because asking what equipment a group uses is a stupid joke too.

^

theres nothing wrong with asking what people use

Is there a manual for making hip-hop beats.
no
You take by example, see what other people are doing in the game, learn and develop your own methods...

BenL said:
^

theres nothing wrong with asking what people use

Is there a manual for making hip-hop beats.
no
You take by example, see what other people are doing in the game, learn and develop your own methods...

too many chromosomes! :(

don james said:
what equipment do the neptunes use whe making sick beats?

THEY USE THE -> ROLTIF FANEXTREME TALENT 2500 <- U MOTHER****** PIECE OF **** DUMB ****, STUPID ASS **** SUCKER! :hello:

Hope that helped you. I've been trying to get on of those for a long time now. Almost got tha dough now :D

Seriously....he wants to know what successful people use, not what wack FUTUREPRODUCERS.com wannabe producers think.

BenL said:

Yes, if only it worked that way. More often, people with little experience see what other people are doing and then argue that it must be the best way to do things because so many people are already doing it. They aren't truly finding or developing their own methods; on the contrary, they are leading themselves to believe that the "alternative methods" are inferior because they don't see them used that much "in the game".

After they hop in and start using what everyone else is using, they'll sometimes start preaching how it's really the way to produce music. Fortunately, usually these people will eventually grow up and see that they're dealing only with one possible solution -- but because they have already mastered the tools they started learning from the get go, they are quite at home with them and seldom start drawing a completely new map for alternative routes. The most creative ones do, and that's why you'll often see the most prolific producers/musicians alternating between various different working methods, some of which might even seem totally obscure.

Judging by your posts where you rally for certain tools like this...

BenL said:
You should look at the number of producers who use equipment like the mpc and other hardware, it really does outnumber the all digital setups.
There few counterexamples (JB, 9th, Akons "going" to) but the constant remains is that the professionals in the business now all use the MPC or drum machine variants.

...I'd say you're still on your way, going through phase one. That's understandable considering your age. Just don't be surprised when people answer you in a slightly annoyed fashion when you jump in just to belittle some other method and back up your position by making statements like that ;)

Last edited:
I c what ur saying...It is a little weird that theres only one advocate for FL studios- 9th wonder...a good one my favorite ironically, but i can't get over the lack of examples of success with FL....

At least i trash it and own it....

One thing I found out about asking "the dumb question" is that it ain't about what you use, but how you use it. Like this......You can get the EXACT same set up as someone famous and yo stuff still ain't gon sound like theirs because....everyone thinks different.!!! Think about it!!

The guy just asked what neptunes use and you ruined the thread with you stupid posts.You could have just give him the right answer and stop.What is wrong with using the same stuff.I am sick of people here saying how it isn't cool to use what everybody use and how you have to be original and bla bla bla.THE motif,triton,fantom,asr are all great piece of gear and everybody use them.SO stop talkin and make quality music.Wannabe "Producers".HAHA

Last edited:
Guenon said:
Yes, if only it worked that way. More often, people with little experience see what other people are doing and then argue that it must be the best way to do things because so many people are already doing it. They aren't truly finding or developing their own methods; on the contrary, they are leading themselves to believe that the "alternative methods" are inferior because they don't see them used that much "in the game".

After they hop in and start using what everyone else is using, they'll sometimes start preaching how it's really the way to produce music. Fortunately, usually these people will eventually grow up and see that they're dealing only with one possible solution -- but because they have already mastered the tools they started learning from the get go, they are quite at home with them and seldom start drawing a completely new map for alternative routes. The most creative ones do, and that's why you'll often see the most prolific producers/musicians alternating between various different working methods, some of which might even seem totally obscure.

Judging by your posts where you rally for certain tools like this...

...I'd say you're still on your way, going through phase one. That's understandable considering your age. Just don't be surprised when people answer you in a slightly annoyed fashion when you jump in just to belittle some other method and back up your position by making statements like that ;)

If only "doing your own thing worked"

going your own way is often the road to failure. If you dont follow the rules of music making than you are likely to fail.

If you ignore bars, ignore common practices in general you are likely to fail.

ignoring what other people in the business are doing and using is a mistake. sorry but if you cannot understand that, then theres nothing i have left to say.

thanks for the complement though near the bottom

Back