What Can MPC do that Maschine can't?

I've been keeping my eye on the Linn Drum II as well. I've wanted an analog synth/sampler/sequencer type product for a while (dreaming). Dave Smith is no longer involved, and it "won't be an analog product" which was a huge draw for me. I would LOVE to see Roger Linn team up with Studio Electronics on this. I'm still interested in what it could bring though. I wonder how much longer....if ever.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/index.shtml

sorry to derail from the topic

I've been keeping my eye on the Linn Drum II as well. I've wanted an analog synth/sampler/sequencer type product for a while (dreaming). Dave Smith is no longer involved, and it "won't be an analog product" which was a huge draw for me. I would LOVE to see Roger Linn team up with Studio Electronics on this. I'm still interested in what it could bring though. I wonder how much longer....if ever.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/index.shtml

sorry to derail from the topic

Well I hope R-Linn puts out the Analog and the last version. R Linn will hookup with someone bet that and I am getting it!

DaNOC> sorry man but you keep on repeating yourself and your posts are annoying as hell to read... like the other guy said, use normal font sizes and colors. Think about other peoples eyes. There is no reason for writing your posts bigger. It's like if you were talking louder than everybody in a discussion, people don't like that.

On the subject, i have a maschine and it's great. If i could have an mpc, i'd definitly have one too, but it's more expensive (and probably doesn't make much sense to have both). What's missing on the maschine is timestretching (maybe in the next update), but NI did a great job, integration with a DAW is ****ing amazing to work fast!

Last edited:
On the subject, i have a maschine and it's great. If i could have an mpc, i'd definitly have one too, but it's more expensive (and probably doesn't make much sense to have both). What's missing on the maschine is timestretching (maybe in the next update), but NI did a great job, integration with a DAW is ****ing amazing to work fast!

You can get an MPC1000 or 2000XL for around $500-$600. Right now I'm saving to get my MPC then i'll prolly get the maschine later on down the line.

You can get an MPC1000 or 2000XL for around $500-$600. Right now I'm saving to get my MPC then i'll prolly get the maschine later on down the line.

co sign.

in the exact same boat. looking for a 2kxl wouldnt mind having a 1k though just as long as its the black one not the blue one.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

i really want maschine alot too but i think i want a mpc more.

What's the point of spending 500$ to have a machine that does basically the same?
I need to play on a mpc1000 though, just to see how i like it.

I will never understand the thinking of todays beatmakers. Pick what you need and make music. A 2000XL for $500- $600 will not have 8outs, FX or mcd. NI took the great features of the MPC and did what Akai didn't do...Advance. Akai should've thought of this product but they didn't.

Do you really want a MPC now?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Cats on this board is hilarious or just misimformed! I can't make beats on the bus with Maschine, I can't timestretch.....and so on! LOL. Dude you make beats in your bedroom. When was the last time you made a beat on the bus or timestretched anything?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Danoc is a good dude but a little bias to the products he's spent money on.

LOL, nice post. I completely agree. I think people, myself included, get too hooked up on gear.
I just bought a sp-404, i thought it would be a cool think to have, but it seems actually quite useless to me now. I'll sell that back

Instead of learning a new machine, i'll focus on sound synthesis and Ableton to build tracks.

Last edited:
LOL, nice post. I completely agree. I think people, myself included, get too hooked up on gear.
I just bought a sp-404, i thought it would be a cool think to have, but it seems actually quite useless to me now. I'll sell that back

Instead of learning a new machine, i'll focus on sound synthesis and Ableton to build tracks.
Word. All the best.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

We're all gear slutz in the beginning. Some grow out of it and some don't. Todays BMer's have 40 mil options. Don't like Logic...get PT...Don't like that get Live. I hate that too. How's Reaper...Reaper sucks...I can't tell ppl I use Fruity Loops...LOL This shit goes on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always liked groove boxes but The computer is apart of our everyday lives. NI Maschine is right for me. What I look like paying $500-$900 for a MPC 2000XL-MCD- $175 for 8outs and $200-$375 for (outdated) FX board. Man, I already powerful computer, why not use it. LOL.

When Hip-Hop started, nobody was saying "you have to sample, you have to use that thing". People invented techniques for pleasure and by necessity, whatever you could use was good. If you had nothing, you would beatbox.
Now there are more options, that's all.

The only point of this topic would be to help people decide what they want to buy regarding their preferences/budget and all. Doesn't make sense to argue about stupidities. Like "if your computer breaks down you can't work with maschine" ... that's quite obvious.

maschine is buggy as hell. i have owned it twice,
to combine that NI has a horrible reputation for handling they're people. they told me "holla at us in bout a month, we might have an update or some'n"

im sorry but you shouldn't get the same service for something you spent $600 dollars on as you would get from your cousin tyrone when you get your cable hooked up for free.

my boys mpc 2500 is pretty sturdy but you have to do too much to get simple things done you could do with maschine.

advantage = push

nope,
and for the record. i was paraphrasing (i should have noted that, i think i did orginally but changed my post so much before sending that i think i took it out by mistake)
the point is that they don't really support they're products that well at least from my experiences with them on this and other products but this particularly.
something you kinda accept if you got something for free, but not for something you paid $600 for.
i still thought the entire concept was cool as it was total intergration/drums with a great interface (again, in theory).
so when i had the opportunity to give away an mbox micro (hated that thing. not that it didn't work, just felt like such a digiwhore for paying $250 for a headphone jack) i jumped at the opportunity since the 1.5 update was now available.
sure enough, EXACT same problem(s) and you already know where the IT dept was gonna take it. so i sold the second one.
been thinking about an mpc for a minute but not for the reasons listed. im more of a loop based sampler so i don't know if it would work for me, i see the way people use mpcs and honestly i like my reason/recycle set up better.

oh god where do i start.

- the glitches that i had made one particular but unusable as it would just note repeat itself into oblivion. i had a number of support team people walk me through stuff and then tell me that this is a problem that can't be fixed.

- at times no sound

- at times i would sequence something, then play it back only to have it justblaze/ooh boy my sequencing (to be fair this is an obvious reference to a known problem that the mpc4000 had that created that hit record)

- opening the program at times asked me for the disk like i didn't really own it.

- sensitivty was off sometimes (you hit a pad with the power of grathar's hammer and it would come through quiet as a lamb, then you would try to lightly tap on a pad for a hat/shaker and it would play full blast).

just really a lot of headaches for something that had such a tight concept.

btw before anyone ask.
macbook pro 4gb ram 2.5ghz version 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 when i owned it.

oh god where do i start.

- the glitches that i had made one particular but unusable as it would just note repeat itself into oblivion. i had a number of support team people walk me through stuff and then tell me that this is a problem that can't be fixed.

- at times no sound

- at times i would sequence something, then play it back only to have it justblaze/ooh boy my sequencing (to be fair this is an obvious reference to a known problem that the mpc4000 had that created that hit record)

- opening the program at times asked me for the disk like i didn't really own it.

- sensitivty was off sometimes (you hit a pad with the power of grathar's hammer and it would come through quiet as a lamb, then you would try to lightly tap on a pad for a hat/shaker and it would play full blast).

just really a lot of headaches for something that had such a tight concept.

btw before anyone ask.
macbook pro 4gb ram 2.5ghz version 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 when i owned it.
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Did you research your problems? Was it isolated or widespread? Better luck in the future.

I have experience no bugs or problems on my Maschine and my computer is faaar from the best.

Back