Ear Training Software - Train Your Ears EQ

Paschalis I.

MusicProductionTips.net
Hello there guys!

I've posted a review about a software helping us mixing engineers and music producers
train our ears to understand frequencies easier :)

Hope you like it!

Thanks for the video. This seems to be a very nice tool to use.

identify freqs of interest before applying eq/filters - increase the speed of your workflow because you are not guessing as much

I was discussing a mix with my son the other day. There was a bad resonance in one of the tracks that needed to be tamed - it was ringing over other stuff and was not pleasant on the ears

He did not have the option of rerecording as it was a set piece for assessment.

the resonance also changed pitch as the chords changed - the tone that was ringing out was in the octave above the treble clef (ca 700Hz to 2800Hz) and changed from C to B to A to D (2093, 1975, 1760, 2349) - being able to hear the octave the problem was in made it easier to narrow the pitch down. He identified the pitch range accurately (he said 800Hz-to 1500Hz, which is the octave of the notes that were played but the resonance was at the next octave up, kind of like a Santana sustained note that then feeds back at the octave harmonic)

knowing the actual freq of the problem notes meant that he could dial in a few notch filters with high Q (narrow bandwidth) and about 6db cut to take out the individual resonances without affecting anything else

I guess bandcoach couldn't reply better :D

But yeah, in a nutshell it trains your ears to identify EQ better, in a non-boring way, and when you grab the EQ on your mixes/masters you're gonna be able
to fix that things easier cause you'll know where the problematic frequency lies :)

Last edited:
Yep, this software is in the "recommended learning resources" list on my blog.

In fact, I posted about it a few weeks ago. :D
My brother who runs Oxygen Beats told me about it fairly recently.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews/Blog)
gpWmqu

Back