Lets talk about Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber. He just needs a dope album (like futuresex lovesound) I'm telling you Bieber is more talented than you think. He just needs to focus and let it go. I believe in his potential.

Justin Bieber. He just needs a dope album (like futuresex lovesound) I'm telling you Bieber is more talented than you think. He just needs to focus and let it go. I believe in his potential.

justin bieber just has that look, but hes not musically inclined...just wait and let the future tell, ... youll see.

hes not capable of making an album like that cuz timbo even knows he sucks... hes part of a deceiving machine.

People allow hatred to jade their other senses...when they're such haters that hate becomes an 8th sense.

I'm not a fan, also not oblivious to who he is or the remarkable amount of talent he possesses. I wish I could run across a vocalist/performer of his caliber.

And at this point saying "he's going away" is unrealistic, even if he does, he leaves a legacy equivalent to any other highly renowned musician. "Going away" would mean when he drops albums they only go double platinum and he only get's half a mill for a show. Lol. He won, tip your hat to the dude or keep it moving, he makes more money picking on himself so haters tune in than most people make off dedicated fans. #Truthhurts

I'm mainly a boom bap dude lol... but justin bieber new album is FIRE. beats are on some ginuwine/timbo/trackmasters shit and they are mixed so good, very 90's sounding.

stop hating

Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Usher, ...those guys have talent...i dont think JB can even dance really has anyone seen him do any cool dance moves?

And at this point saying "he's going away" is unrealistic, even if he does, he leaves a legacy equivalent to any other highly renowned musician. "Going away" would mean when he drops albums they only go double platinum and he only get's half a mill for a show. Lol. He won, tip your hat to the dude or keep it moving, he makes more money picking on himself so haters tune in than most people make off dedicated fans. #Truthhurts

IIRC his latest album, Journals, absolutely tanked commercially (there's really no hit singles from it as opposed to the 2 or 3 massive songs each he got from Believe and My World 2.0). While the Biebs still has the potential to rebound and make another chart-topper, he's no longer the absolute unstoppable force on the radio that he was about 1-2 years ago. It looked like Journals was an attempt to rework his sound, and I've heard a lot of good things about it, but the radio just didn't buy in.

Next couple years are gonna be crucial to Bieber. He's got a lot of odds going against him in the coming few years, such as:
- the growing backlash against him for idiotic acts such as pissing in a bucket at a restaurant, beating up a taxi driver, just acting entitled, etc
- the big turnover in the music industry that's been happening lately - the generic club beats that Bieber usually sings over are getting phased out by 70s throwback jams (I'm talking to you, Pharrell) and more experimental (at least in terms of pop music) beats. This year alone the songs "Talk Dirty" and "Problem" are both chart-toppers and both of them feature a good sax line that up until now was really uncommon in pop music. Biebs will have to adjust to these new beats and find a way to work them around his style.
- father time. it's simple, it's easier to sell your music to young kids when you yourself are a young kid. Bieber's just turned 20, but that's pretty damn old for a disney-type star. Bieber will need to adapt to selling his music to an older demographic soon, and it's hard when most of the said older demographic already hates your music for originally pandering to the preteen/teen crowd.

It's not impossible for Bieber to overcome these struggles, but not every child superstar can be a Justin Timberlake. Time will tell, I guess, how long he can stay relevant.

Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Usher, ...those guys have talent...i dont think JB can even dance really has anyone seen him do any cool dance moves?
Just because Justin Bieber cannot dance (as we know of), he isn't talented. That's what a lot of Justin Bieber haters tend to do: look for an excuse to dislike him.

I'm not a fan but I do not dislike him. Saying he isn't talented because he cannot dance is equivalent to saying Michael Jackson isn't talented because he doesn't know how to draw. Irrelevant, right? Justin Bieber has been singing for years already and with all the hate he's been getting, he's still one of the top pop singers as of now. That kid could sing and not only that, make hits, too. That's talent.

Last edited:
Just because Justin Bieber cannot dance (as we know of), he isn't talented. That's what a lot of Justin Bieber haters tend to do: look for an excuse to dislike him.

I'm not a fan but I do not dislike him. Saying he isn't talented because he cannot dance is equivalent to saying Michael Jackson isn't talented because he doesn't know how to draw. Irrelevant, right? Justin Bieber has been singing for years already and with all the hate he's been getting, he's still one of the top pop singers as of now. That kid could sing and not only that, make hits, too. That's talent.

No its important that an entertainer have good dance skills. If hes gonna be what he is, ..at least be able to dance better. All he does is do that backstreet boy stuff....they act like hes some type of god or something, it just dont make any sense......people will swallow anything up, ...ANYTHING...when handed to them on a platter.... "heres your Justin Beiber for the day", ....shutup and eat it *****. Mufuggas is lame, lol.... the game is lame....

Sometimes, if you get enough people to think something is good, others will follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its important that an entertainer have good dance skills. If hes gonna be what he is, ..at least be able to dance better. All he does is do that backstreet boy stuff....they act like hes some type of god or something, it just dont make any sense......people will swallow anything up, ...ANYTHING...when handed to them on a platter.... "heres your Justin Beiber for the day", ....shutup and eat it *****. Mufuggas is lame, lol.... the game is lame....

Sometimes, if you get enough people to think something is good, others will follow.

Or in Bieber's case, if you get enough 13-year-olds to think he's good, every other 13-year-old will follow.

He's talented, and if he needed to dance in order to draw people to shows he'd probably try to learn. But that's not the case since he's already a celebrity and could sell out arenas if he chose to start a tour this very day. I'm not a JB fan by any means (and I always change the radio station when his shit comes on) but to say all good entertainers need to dance is like saying all rock guitarists need to wear their guitar down at their knees like Slash. Not dancing seems to have worked for him so far but maybe one day he'll need to dance to attract fans when he's washed up. Who knows.

IIRC his latest album, Journals, absolutely tanked commercially (there's really no hit singles from it as opposed to the 2 or 3 massive songs each he got from Believe and My World 2.0). While the Biebs still has the potential to rebound and make another chart-topper, he's no longer the absolute unstoppable force on the radio that he was about 1-2 years ago. It looked like Journals was an attempt to rework his sound, and I've heard a lot of good things about it, but the radio just didn't buy in.

Next couple years are gonna be crucial to Bieber. He's got a lot of odds going against him in the coming few years, such as:
- the growing backlash against him for idiotic acts such as pissing in a bucket at a restaurant, beating up a taxi driver, just acting entitled, etc
- the big turnover in the music industry that's been happening lately - the generic club beats that Bieber usually sings over are getting phased out by 70s throwback jams (I'm talking to you, Pharrell) and more experimental (at least in terms of pop music) beats. This year alone the songs "Talk Dirty" and "Problem" are both chart-toppers and both of them feature a good sax line that up until now was really uncommon in pop music. Biebs will have to adjust to these new beats and find a way to work them around his style.
- father time. it's simple, it's easier to sell your music to young kids when you yourself are a young kid. Bieber's just turned 20, but that's pretty damn old for a disney-type star. Bieber will need to adapt to selling his music to an older demographic soon, and it's hard when most of the said older demographic already hates your music for originally pandering to the preteen/teen crowd.

It's not impossible for Bieber to overcome these struggles, but not every child superstar can be a Justin Timberlake. Time will tell, I guess, how long he can stay relevant.

I absolutely know nothing about Beiber, so i had to research before responding, for you to know so much why did you purposely leave out facts? The album you speak of as a flop did 100k the first week when it was only sold thru iTunes(no other source)and had shotty promo from Island(a failing label). It consisted of a buncha already released songs that fans had already accumulated over the last year and still did 100k!!! He still outsold Pharrell, Iggy, and Derulo's releases and was up there with Ariana Grande(to give clarity to what you're considering "hit makers"). Another side note, the brass you're hearing in music these days is due to execs thinking it's a good idea to try to redo the Macklemore "Thrift Shop" sound. Not much to do with rekindling an early sound, just byting the last big hit as they always do. I'm sure Beiber has one or 2 of those sitting around as Rihanna, Beyonce, and any other pop star does.

Last edited:
I absolutely know nothing about Beiber, so i had to research before responding, for you to know so much why did you purposely leave out facts? The album you speak of as a flop did 100k the first week when it was only sold thru iTunes(no other source)and had shotty promo from Island(a failing label). It consisted of a buncha already released songs that fans had already accumulated over the last year and still did 100k!!! He still outsold Pharrell, Iggy, and Derulo's releases and was up there with Ariana Grande(to give clarity to what you're considering "hit makers"). Another side note, the brass you're hearing in music these days is due to execs thinking it's a good idea to try to redo the Macklemore "Thrift Shop" sound. Not much to do with rekindling an early sound, just byting the last big hit as they always do. I'm sure Beiber has one or 2 of those sitting around as Rihanna, Beyonce, and any other pop star does.

Wasn't necessarily saying that Journals tanked saleswise, but none of the songs from that album have had a steady radio presence the way songs like Baby, Boyfriend, Beauty and a Beat did (all of those songs peaked in the Top 5 on the US Billboard Hot 100, to give clarity as to what you're considering a "hit"). The top-charting single that Journals had was Heartbreaker, which peaked at 13 on the Billboard Hot 100. None of his other singles from Journals even cracked the Top 20. Compared to his previous album, Believe, which had three Top 10 singles, Journals could be considered a disappointment. Not to mention that My World 2.0 and Believe had first week sales of 283k and 374k copies respectively (had to do a little research to figure all that out actually). While the fact it was a compilation may have hurt sales a little bit, the fact that the album didn't have a Top 10 single after he had three with his last album could be considered a disappointment.

And of course the songs with brass are biting the thrift shop sound, but the brass definitely sounds retro. I think the music landscape is definitely shifting to more retro-style beats (take Blurred Lines for example - now all the other musicians are trying to rip off the "blurred lines sound"). Bieber will have to adapt. I'm sure he'll adopt songs with horns and what not to get with the times, but will his voice suit it? Will it be a guaranteed hit? Nobody's gonna know until he actually comes out with it.

^^^But you're still failing to look at the overhead put into prior albums in comparison to this one. 100k for an album full of old songs already on the net that didn't get promoted correctly and was ONLY available for purchase through iTunes(not even Google Play or Amazon)due to a failing label isn't bad at all. I never even knew this "Journals' album existed until this thread and I actually follow music of all genres, it's my job to.

From a business perspective, this doesn't blemish Beiber in any way, it shows negligence on behalf of the machine that was supposed to push the finished product. Any idiot willing to put up a budget and correctly market could've gotten those numbers up. They did 100k without trying. I don't know the ins and outs, but the entire approach seems like he may have been done with his contract after releasing this album(maybe a greatest hits afterwards to wrap it all up?) so they didn't want to invest any further. In which case, he'll jump labels, get a real buzz next release, and go right back to the pop icon status I can't even say he ever lost.

I will admit Beiber falls way off my radar, I don't know much about him, but from the little bit of promotion I do, I'm pretty sure none of this has effected his touring or popularity. Probably just alot of people who got the album through other means because it only exists on iTunes. You need a credit card or gift card instead of 10 dollars and a mom to take you to target, lol.

Bieber's success was built with little girl crushes and you guys are talking about his numbers as though they reflect something other than that demographic....as if numbers are indicative of quality....if you honestly believe that shit then go ahead tell your girl to dress nice because you are taking her to the best restaurant in town and then watch her disappointment when you pull into McDonald's........"But...baby, baby baby, oh...it's the best...them numbers don't lie."

Beiber is straight up garbage and there is no need to spin that "Beiber is talented" bullshit just because you don't want to sabotage that random fantasy placement he's going to give you until he reads what you really think about him on FP.....come on now, be real people we all know Beiber is a wack little Muppet.

^^^Lol. I never understood how grown men get worked up more than teenage girls over him.

I can counter that with nothing more than the proposal that if you don't recognize a hit record and a talent to push it commercially, you're in the wrong business. If it was that lucrative to just find any untalented preteen and milk the system, they'd be interchangeable and come a dime a dozen, right?

Not sure how old he was when he blew up, but guarantee he was beyond the "average talent" in his age group.

And in all fairness, i know plenty of girls in their mid to late 20s who go stupid over that dude. Let's quit pretending his fan base is so one dimensional and easily manipulated. People like what they like.

And a Beiber record these days would make you like 10-20 stacks. I'm from an era where you could get that off a b-Side, I have nothing to gain by talking good about dude. I'd never waist time finding a connect when I have plenty I don't utilize now. He can drink piss and die for all I care, but millions of fans would be mortified and history would compare him to everyone from Cobaine to Pac to MJ. #Truthhurts

Last edited:
^^^Don't know how you could infer any emotional state from what I wrote over the internet, but I honestly don't care that much, I am just pointing out that you can't assume that success can only be a result of a quality product...what you fail to understand is why Bieber is popular and thus successful....understandable given that you are not a chick and haven't really looked into the psychology behind it.....any opinion pertaining to the quality of music is somewhat subjective by nature....with the exception of Bieber's music which is so bad it even makes Bieber himself vomit.

Didn't we have a similar conversation about quality Vs success regarding Soulja Boy once?

Bieber's success was built with little girl crushes and you guys are talking about his numbers as though they reflect something other than that demographic....as if numbers are indicative of quality....if you honestly believe that shit then go ahead tell your girl to dress nice because you are taking her to the best restaurant in town and then watch her disappointment when you pull into McDonald's........"But...baby, baby baby, oh...it's the best...them numbers don't lie."

Beiber is straight up garbage and there is no need to spin that "Beiber is talented" bullshit just because you don't want to sabotage that random fantasy placement he's going to give you until he reads what you really think about him on FP.....come on now, be real people we all know Beiber is a wack little Muppet.

lmao!!! Real recognize real.

but millions of fans would be mortified and history would compare him to everyone from Cobaine to Pac to MJ. #Truthhurts

Cobaine, MJ and Pac??? Nahhhhhhhh homie...... theres thousands of people who have signed a petition to get dude out the country....i dont think anybody would be "mortified"....and he could never be on Mj, Cobain or Pacs level....Youtube might cry a lil bit, and his record company. I agree though time will tell and dudes will see hes a wack lil muppet.

No swag, no personality, ....just, ...looks...

Back