Is this contract legit?

DAHTrump

DAH Trump
This is the contract I'm using for exclusive rights right now. I'm not sure if this counts but I sell exclusives for no less than $500, give or take. Can you tell me the pros and cons of this contract? Should I use another one instead? Thanks.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS CONTRACT:

Upon your purchase, you will receive a MP3 file of the beat (or song), untagged (free of soundmarks) and/or a copy of the raw WAV file. The song file can be delivered digitally or through the mail on a CD. Exclusive rights grant you unlimited commercial recordings and broadcasts. You have full rights to record, alter, mix the beat/song in any shape, way, or form (except reselling the beat). You will receive a contract in the mail granting you exclusive rights to the beat. You own the recording as a "work made for hire". The original seller may no longer lease or sell the beat/song, except for prior leasing rights holders and his/her own promotional page (no downloads there). The seller will not receive a royalty from the sale of records or downloads. You must however give full credit to the seller (artist and/or producer name) on all commercial recordings.

The only part that I found a little weird was that you get another contract in the mail, so this is emailed and then you're sending one out? Also no royalties is weird, but im guessing this is for more underground cats so youre not worried about that?

The only part that I found a little weird was that you get another contract in the mail, so this is emailed and then you're sending one out? Also no royalties is weird, but im guessing this is for more underground cats so youre not worried about that?

yeah I would go with https://rightsignature.com/

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I don't see an issue with the contract. I think sending the client the contract both via email and snail mail is a good idea.
As far as not collecting royalty (there is nothing wrong with that). If I were an artist or company I'd much rather buy you out rather than you next to me with the hand out

I don't see an issue with the contract. I think sending the client the contract both via email and snail mail is a good idea.
As far as not collecting royalty (there is nothing wrong with that). If I were an artist or company I'd much rather buy you out rather than you next to me with the hand out

Thanks, so you think that I should raise my exclusive prices higher than $500 seeing that I'm not collecting royalties?

Sounds legit to me

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Check out the book law and bussines of the entertaintment industry

Thanks, so you think that I should raise my exclusive prices higher than $500 seeing that I'm not collecting royalties?

Me personally I would I'd up the price but in your case you gotta figure in what your ok with and you also have to think about your markets budget. But yes... I'd up the price

Back