Apollo Brown

Inverted314

BOOM BAP OR DIE
I've been listening to Apollo a lot lately and I am amazed. I've never heard someone so dope, and so consistent. I almost want to say he is better then the GOAT Premo. Really can't get enough of the guys beats. I just can't find a beat of his I don't like and I take that as a high standard as I'm a boom bap connoisseur.

Do you like Apollo Brown?

If not, do you like methamphetamine?

Apollo is definitely one of my favorites. He is so underrated. Maybe not Premo level but definitely Kanye & 9th's.

‪Apollo Brown - Statistics (instrumental)‬‏ - YouTube

my fav from apollo, hands down...

^^^ i agree, i like primo better but i like apollo more then kanye, idk about 9th though...id say i like khrysis a lil more then apollo, 9th, and kanye though. khrysis is the most slept on of all of them.

That's one of my fav Apollo joints too, I thought I posted statistics but I guess I missed it. I'd definitely put Apollo above 9th and Kanye. 9th is dope but not very consistent IMO.

Have you checked out "Clouds"

It reminds me of Dilla's "Donuts" only much better (imo)

It's a bunch of short tracks, great album check it out if you haven't.

of course i did ;-) But Donuts is still better i think... look at the influence it had on the last few years.

Donuts is Dilla's weakest album and real producers know that.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I been bumping Skilled Trade album for a year now.
Apollo is def 1 of the best producers.

Donuts is Dilla's weakest album and real producers know that.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I been bumping Skilled Trade album for a year now.
Apollo is def 1 of the best producers.

I think all of Dilla's albums are sub par compared to stuff he did for other artists like Chino XL, Erykah Badu, Pharcyde, etc.

Last edited:
yh he's dope got all his stuff got the new hassan mackey album the other day, fire, notice he always filters the bass out the samples aswell.

I think all of Dilla's albums are sub par compared to stuff he did for other artists like Chino XL, Erykah Badu, Pharcyde, etc.

ruff draft is dope. the way he mixes synths with hard hitting breaks is ILL. The same type of sound can be found on the shining record. Jayib is also a classic in my eyes. All dilla's beats on that album are more synthy and club sounding. Welcom to detroit is dope too. i even love jay stay paid. But the two best dilla albums to me are fantastic vol 1 by slum village and beats rhymes and life by tribe called quest (the ummah).

dillas work does go much much deeper then donuts (which i love). i highly disagree that his albums are sub par...dilla has his hands all over countless classics, which he mostly produced start to finish. q tips amplified album is just one of many examples of records mostly produced by dilla that often get overlooked. as well as like water for chocolate. Not to mention most of ur fav songs by busta, pharcyde, badu, d'angelo, etc, has dilla written all over them...

sorry for the rant, but i just dont see how his albums are sub par..opinion i guess

q tips amplified album is just one of many examples of records mostly produced by dilla that often get overlooked. as well as like water for chocolate. Not to mention most of ur fav songs by busta, pharcyde, badu, d'angelo, etc, has dilla written all over them...

That's exactly what I said lol

Back