Is FL Studio the new industry standard??

FL Studio is probably the most standard hip-hop beat maker because of it's user friendly interface and it's mad cheap... It's very easy to start off with FL Studio vs. trying to start off with Ableton.

Whatever floats your boat though. I really enjoy FL Studio

FL Studio has the largest user base, most tutorials and the creators actually seem to listen to the users...

Give it time and everybody that "came up" on FL Studio... will have grown into the new players in the game.

It seems to mostly be a "Hip Hop" thing though. Most guitarists and what not go with LIVE or something else.... just to be snooty.
Too bad most of 'em haven't took the time to try it. Started out doing Hiphop in FL but always wanted to branch out and do Rock.
This short vid pretty much shows you can do rock or other genre in FL.

Ok....so ProTools doesn't have an export as OMF function as far as I can tell...one of many reasons why I say F*ck ProTools. The most proprietary f*cked up software out there, they pioneered the modern recording ish, and have unfortunately managed to keep a stranglehold on the market as far as "standards".

FL Studio for PS3 coming October 2012. Then the world ends in December. :)

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

one of many reasons why I say F*ck ProTools. The most proprietary f*cked up software out there

HEY!!!!!Watch your mouth!!!!!! :D

Nah...this thread is pure garbage. FL isn't hot, the guys making the music are. If Lex Luger used Cakewalk home studio 2010, ni66as would be all over that program. When Just Blaze said he used logic...ni66as flocked to logic. Personally I could care less what the next man uses, I like to explore new shit as I see fit..not this phantom "industry standard" garbage. The truth is..the QUALITY of the songs you hear are sonically doctored by veteran engineers using 100K+ worth of programs/equipment..plz believe it!

Heard people saying that about a certain producer... but never heard the producer claiming to be the king of FL Studio. But, that's me though..

There is only one true Fruity Loop King.

There is no higher. Others are just saying they the king.

Last edited:
FL is a great tool for production, my favourite since version 4. It's amateur for mixing but for making beats it's the fastest, most creative imo.

I gotta agree with T. Prod. I hate mixing in FL. I just recently started rendering all my tracks seperatly in 24 bit and mixing elsewhere. Oh yeah that 256, 546 sync depht is some Bullsh*t, it'll have your beat sounding clean, thin and flat. When I render my tracks I want them to sound exactly how I MADE them sound. Nevertheless FL still offers alot

Last edited:
I gotta agree with T. Prod. I hate mixing in FL. I just recently started rendering all my tracks seperatly in 24 bit and mixing elsewhere. Oh yeah that 256, 546 sync depht is some Bullsh*t, it'll have your beat sounding clean, thin and flat. When I render my tracks I want them to sound exactly how I MADE them sound. Nevertheless FL still offers alot

yeah. what I hate the most is the poor export with UAD. if you use UAD plugins it exports a mess so you need to record the output everytime.

but its purpose was never to beat samplitude or pro tools in mixing capabilities. anyway the mixer's layout is super fine.

i have never mixed in anything other than fruity loops lol.... i take my sonar recordings and put them in fl to mix lol

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

and btw spam status lol check out the track for the hoes rightchea HERE

Last edited:
Back