Former CEO of Open Labs starts NEW COMPANY...

If that iKey dock had an option with mpc type pads I would probably consider it.....

What's the big deal about MPC type pads?

I'd much rather have 64 pads than 16, cuz I use way more than 16 different types of percussion sounds in my tracks.

I kind of lost track of thread, but has anyone asked J if the i5 can be swapped out for i7 (and above).

And J I am kind of surprised you would sell the Miko (you had the rare TM edition). Both would make a deadly combo. I don't think I will ever sell my mikos and Neko's or dBeat

I'm going to buy a StudioBlade or two because I have much respect for Victor. J during this tread you also demonstrated the benefits of the MusicComputing products in an articulate and logical way>

I'd much rather have 64 pads than 16, cuz I use way more than 16 different types of percussion sounds in my tracks.

You do know that on the MPC & MPD their are multiple pad banks right?? Like on the MPD & MPC their are 4 different switchable pad banks i.e. 16x4=64 assignable pads for sounds.

Those little pads look like they'd be a pain trying to lay down percussion on. But hell if you like it, i love it.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of lost track of thread, but has anyone asked J if the i5 can be swapped out for i7 (and above).

And J I am kind of surprised you would sell the Miko (you had the rare TM edition). Both would make a deadly combo. I don't think I will ever sell my mikos and Neko's or dBeat

I'm going to buy a StudioBlade or two because I have much respect for Victor. J during this tread you also demonstrated the benefits of the MusicComputing products in an articulate and logical way>

The i5 and the i7 take different motherboards.

The Miko is a computer. I rarely ever used the sounds that came in it. The power wasn't in it's sound set, it was in it's workflow, which I never used either.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

You do know that on the MPC & MPD their are multiple pad banks right?? Like on the MPD & MPC their are 4 different switchable pad banks i.e. 16x4=64 assignable pads for sounds.

Those little pads look like they'd be a pain trying to lay down percussion on. But hell if you like it, i love it.:cheers:

If you were drumming with drumsticks, then yes, I'd say the little pads would be annoying. But you're hitting a pad...i mean unless you have fingers like SHAQ, then I don't see it being a problem.

If you were drumming with drumsticks, then yes, I'd say the little pads would be annoying. But you're hitting a pad...i mean unless you have fingers like SHAQ, then I don't see it being a problem.

Are they squishy rubber pads or like solid plastic buttons?? If they are solid plastic how could you ever get a groove goin?? You can't do somethin like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6OLnpMT0W0&feature=channel
with those little ass buttons

I was under the impression that the primary purpose of those were to trigger like automations/plugins and stuff like that. Like a on/off type deal. Not triggering sounds.

Are they squishy rubber pads or like solid plastic buttons?? If they are solid plastic how could you ever get a groove goin?? You can't do somethin like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6OLnpMT0W0&feature=channel
with those little ass buttons

I was under the impression that the primary purpose of those were to trigger like automations/plugins and stuff like that. Like a on/off type deal. Not triggering sounds.

They do all of the above. And they feel like easier to push TV remote Buttons.

I'm not sure how doing drums on them will go. But honestly, I've always used piano keys to do my drums, never pads. Pads feel funny to me.

So since I'm used to piano keys, it just may work.

i realize its all a matter of personal preference, but unless if your laying down all 16+ pieces of percussion at the same time i really don't see the benefit of the 64 pads especially if their that small. I dunno, maybe your a professional drummer and can do all 16+ pieces in one take, or pushing a single button to switch banks between takes is too much.

this is the future for mobile producers. Any news on the ikeyboard? how does the keys feel?

With the ikeyboard, do we use our own DAW?

(Sorry for not reading the post if it's already answered..)

this is the future for mobile producers. Any news on the ikeyboard? how does the keys feel?

With the ikeyboard, do we use our own DAW?

(Sorry for not reading the post if it's already answered..)

Semi weighted keys. And you connect your laptop to it, and use the software on your laptop, plus the software that comes with the unit, on it's 500gb HD.

The talk about the studioblade has been helpful and all but ummmm,

troup

YOU GONNA DO A "WHAT YOU THINK WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK!?!?!?

Just paid for the sb 61 with the interface upgrade. 2x 1tb drives 8 gb of ram!! Windows 7 64 bit fader n pads galore! setting me back $3554 sorry ol u just lost a customer that took no hesitation to make up his mind! I jumped on the boat that says join the movement!!

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Adding that it has semi weighted waterfall keys 2 x firewire 7usb ports dvi out and hdmi comes with wireless keyboard and mouse presonus studio one pro. Trigger grid!! Victor has really done it this time! U have my support 100%

Nice try...
There are plenty of options for 64 bit. This isn't the only line of products that offer that. C'mon Troup. Try that with someone who doesn't know any better.

Are there?

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

Back