Do You Ever Use Loops? !poll!

Do you ever use loops to create your music??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't, but with electronic dance music I find you shouldn't use them. Reason being is I want to EQ and control every aspect of the beat and how it relates to the song.

Loops and construction kits are a must!! Check out the best from Moshloops.com

I used a loop in one of my beats today for the first time in a very long time and it really did take it to another level lol.

I make my beats, melodies, and synths UNLESS I want real instruments then i use edirol

But i believe the more you like music the more you will try to do it yourself such as making beats synths melodies, ect. I *PERSONALLY* hate loops and yeah

i hope my hip hop cats out here realize that most of the kicks, snares. and etc are also sounds you did not make yourself. Unless you got reason 5, most of us have to tweak already made samples... I don't see how people can hate loops or sampling so so much when we live in a world thats been "done over" in every aspect, 1000 times.

Modify, Shape, and Chop as much as needed or leave it the way it is, as long as your finished product is something that you feel is creative to shine.

I like using live drum loops.

I think more ppl will start to chop royalty free loops since it's so damn expensive to clear samples nowadays

I don't mind loops being used as long as the beat is being changed and there is some difference throughout the song. Not the some repetitive crap through the whole thing. Use scratches and vocals to change it up and make something original and everything should be just fine. Its really up to the artist isn't it?

I might use a loop in one song out of an entire album.. I have way more fun chopping things up.. so unless it's absolutely way too hot the way it is, I almost always chop it up.

synth loops is fine by my book BUT IF YOU USE DRUM LOOPS YOU NEED TO QUIT

I find this statement kind of biased. I really think it takes a large amount of skill to be able to process audio clips to have your own character to it and make it fit in your song nicely.

People think that if you're using a drum loop, that you leave it completely untouched and should only use it for general ideas. But the sky is the limit for how much you can process these drums loops. If you have ever listened to drum and bass, then you will see that the amen loop is the most overused drum break in the history of electronic music pretty much.

The original break is still used every day, from the amount of processing people to this day are making their own unique versions of it that still sound amazing.

(imo)

I say there is nothing wrong with using loops. However if you're making a song off of just loops that you didn't make then there is a problem.

Dudes use loops that much? Damn... I just never felt like I needed to rely on a drum loop like that, or instrument loop... I've sampled some here n there, but most o my stuff is composed from scratch. To me composition is way easier than sampling...

One o these days I have to break into that looping aspect. Open up a whole new world o music-making...

But dudes using drum loops cuz they can't learn to put a drum pattern together? Umm lol... Just sayin, we're supposed to be producers, right?

There's lots of things that can be "derived" from loops to improve your own grooves. I would say software such as the Zero-X Beat series is much overlooked in terms of what information you can get from samples to pass back into FL Studio.

I'm interested in that. Any loop softwares that anyone would recommend looking into? I understand that even while it's a special feeling to create your own drumlines, some sample or I guess drumloop backup can give that extra "oompf" to the air in the beat... something I have problems with sometimes, feeling like a beat is too empty...

It'd be decent to have a loop generator or VST or something where you can just feed the loop into the beat... for me, by the time I'm finished chopping up a sample or some drums I could've started like 4 compositions... exaggerating but still...

Starting to think I should set aside a day or so for chopping...

FTR (for the record) sampling is how Hip Hop was BORN and continues to live. So ummm have fun "elitists"... I just think it's easier from scratch.

Nope I don't use loops it makes me feel like i'm not really doing anything to make the music. I rather do it from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back