Wais in Fl Studio...Thats Crazy!

W.A.I.S. Krew

!The Future Of Music!
lol weird title i know. anyways i tried flstudio9 for the first time this weekend and all i can say is, dang that program is easy to use, no hate just it seemed very user friendly to me. i did have a problem learning how to record midi and finally i figured out that you press record then play and it gives you the count off then starts recording. it did seem very techno/electro inspired i just wanted to make electronic music, i had to import my own drums i used a sub kick i think was sampled from a moog and a closed hat and snare from industrysound.com and one stock snare. the clicking in of the drum pattern was easy i felt like i was cheating, also when id record through midi id have latency and id be off time, i thought it was crazy you could literally just move the note into time. anyways i enjoyed the program but wont be able to use it until i officially buy it i had to delete it because it interfered with my audacity.

if you want to listen to what i made its the first 2 tracks on my reverbnation page

www.reverbnation.com/waisone

anyways let me know how u think i did and how you feel about fl studio

Last edited:
Yeah, flstudio definitely goes hard. You can try different programs if you just don't like the work flow of it, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more easier program

yea it is an easy program to work with just felt at times the program influenced my sound more than expected it was saying to me,"cmon man! you do know the tempo goes faster right", and "oh man check this out its on some trance ish", lol thats what it was saying to me anyways. i like the program tho im sure with some practice it will stop telling me that and ill be able to use it more to my advantage.

i use cubase and audacity i usually just record the midi in cubase make it a wave then import it into audacity and chop it up to the drums. usually just play whatever comes out because i would chop it up anyway.

Last edited:
lol weird title i know. anyways i tried flstudio9 for the first time this weekend and all i can say is, dang that program is easy to use, no hate just it seemed very user friendly to me. i did have a problem learning how to record midi and finally i figured out that you press record then play and it gives you the count off then starts recording. it did seem very techno/electro inspired i just wanted to make electronic music, i had to import my own drums i used a sub kick i think was sampled from a moog and a closed hat and snare from industrysound.com and one stock snare. the clicking in of the drum pattern was easy i felt like i was cheating, also when id record through midi id have latency and id be off time, i thought it was crazy you could literally just move the note into time. anyways i enjoyed the program but wont be able to use it until i officially buy it i had to delete it because it interfered with my audacity.

if you want to listen to what i made its the first 2 track on my reverbnation page (link in sig)

anyways let me know how u think i did and how you feel about fl studio

I found FL Studio harder to use than the MPC. It was confusing to me at first.

wait a second...you can actually move midi??

holy shit..

lol i knew id get clowned for something, i had never done it before like i said i would just freestyle on the keys bump it and chop it in audacity. you just mad cuz a nigga stylin on you lol.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I found FL Studio harder to use than the MPC. It was confusing to me at first.

really, ive never used an mpc, but it seems more confusing to me. ive seen vids and the whole loading a sample then spinning that wheel to chop it just seems harder than zooming into a waveform and grabbing what you want, i could be wrong tho we'll just have to wait for the Wais on the mpc....thats crazy! thread haha.

Last edited:
I think you should stick with it because there are ton of tutorials available. That's always a good thing and they'll get you up to speed really fast.

how about you use fl studio for drums and cubase for everything else.

that's how most ppl do.

lol i knew id get clowned for something, i had never done it before like i said i would just freestyle on the keys bump it and chop it in audacity. you just mad cuz a nigga stylin on you lol.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

really, ive never used an mpc, but it seems more confusing to me. ive seen vids and the whole loading a sample then spinning that wheel to chop it just seems harder than zooming into a waveform and grabbing what you want, i could be wrong tho we'll just have to wait for the Wais on the mpc....thats crazy! thread haha.

Yea the mpc is more tenious and time consuming but I understood what I was doing, FL studio took me embarrassingly long to get, LOL

mix in somethin other than FL tho trust me

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Yea the mpc is more tenious and time consuming but I understood what I was doing, FL studio took me embarrassingly long to get, LOL
me 2....

mix in somethin other than FL tho trust me

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

me 2....

Yea... I second that... I tried mixing in FL and it's almost like the EQ is lying to me in FL. I made a song with a friend of mines protools/reason setup and the mix came out retardedly good and I had to tweak things very little.

The biggest complaint i've gotten so far about my music is the mixing all the tracks I have up are done in FL right now. I can't really do anything about them.... I'm switching to logic next week.

hmmm food for thought thanks for the headsup on the mixing tip? do my examples sound bad? all i did was pan a lil and mess with the gain/volume levels of each track an thats it

Yea... I second that... I tried mixing in FL and it's almost like the EQ is lying to me in FL. I made a song with a friend of mines protools/reason setup and the mix came out retardedly good and I had to tweak things very little.

How is that possible? Surely, thats not right. Unless you are just saying the built-in EQ tools in Reason/ProTools are better than the ones in FL studio? (i.e. the algorithms behind them are better).

Back