Ok, so i dont like Recycle. Give me an alternative.

Flowie

All in One
Hey, I'm a user of Reason5 and i love it. Ive been using it for about 2 years but recycle is shit. What other program can anyone suggest to put there a SAMPLE, then add markers, then save it but i want all markers saved separately. I'm just tired of slow sampling.

Thanks!

There are a bunch of "autoslicers" around, but no other programs does Rex2 files...but then again, I'm not really sure what you need - it's well possible to export all slices as separate files from ReCycle, or as a single .rx2 or something else. What's slow about it?

Even I can agree that Recycle isn't slow. The user...maybe.
The Op got a point....when you add converting to wav and making sure the file is UNDER 5 mins ,slicing and exporting launching Reason and loading the Rex to the equation it definitely is slow compared to the load ,slice and sequencing of Slicex in Fl Studio....to each his own I guess ,but recycle is definitely slow when it comes to chopping a full song for sampling.

am i just weird or somethin? who samples and chops something over 5 minutes long?

If you're on PC.

Any Cakewalk DAW(music creator is like $29) or FL Studio, even in demo mode. Both can load majority of audio types(mp3, aif, wav, pretty sure wmv, aac, flac? I know it's long lists). And both can record audio into them to stretch/loop.

You can timestretch/pitch to precise tempos without any "choppiness", and export the loop as chopped up wavs to your liking. Everything Recycle does except make it a Rex file. So you'll have to load your loops and slices into NNXT.

Io make 1-2 bar loops and load them to 4 keys on the NNXT. then turn the start length up to 25%, 50%, and 75% on the last 3 keys. That's like chopping into 4ths. You can get into real math and do it with 8ths or 16ths too.

But 1 NNXT can load all the chops from a song I'll need. I usually use about 2-6 bars (8-24 4th chops) out of a song and can run them all from 1 NNXT instead of needing 3-4 Dr. Rexes.

I'm on a Mac now, so I'm doing all this using Pro Tools and their Elastic Audio. It's cool, but not as smooth for me as Sonar and FL were.

If Recycle 3 can import other audio sources than wav/aif(it needs mp3 support at least), can record audio, and can timestretch(all seem reasonable since these things have been incorporated into Record and reason), it would make Reason a sampling producer's powerhouse.

Until then, what I just typed may seem like alot of work, but compare it to the steps you take in(and out) of Recycle and the results you get, and it doesn't seem as extensive.

What would you have to do to turn a song on vinyl, an mp3, or a song that is over 5 minutes long into a Rex file? Load it into another Daw to edit it before loading it into Recycle. So why not just do everything in said DAW and skip on Recycle all together?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

am i just weird or somethin? who samples and chops something over 5 minutes long?

If you have a 5:30 song it won't load up so you can take the 3 second loop you want from it(correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own ReCycle).

But 1 NNXT can load all the chops from a song I'll need. I usually use about 2-6 bars (8-24 4th chops) out of a song and can run them all from 1 NNXT instead of needing 3-4 Dr. Rexes.

Just to expand on what you said about the NNXT..

If you want a blank patch select the NNXT then go to edit in the menu and click Initialise Patch. Took me a minute to figure that out.

In case you didn't know alot of old songs do go past 5 mins in playback...I tried importing a Blossoms song yesterday but couldn't because it was 5 mins 9 secs long so I would have to open a wave editor to trim it down then import it into recycle...super annoying....

The Op got a point....when you add converting to wav and making sure the file is UNDER 5 mins ,slicing and exporting launching Reason and loading the Rex to the equation it definitely is slow compared to the load ,slice and sequencing of Slicex in Fl Studio....to each his own I guess ,but recycle is definitely slow when it comes to chopping a full song for sampling.
thats just one workflow though. on the flip side i just record my samples directly into reason export load to recycle slice and import to reason again if i choose to go that way. the live sampler in reason is super useful for those who choose to use it i chop faster in it than i do in recycle

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

If Recycle 3 can import other audio sources than wav/aif(it needs mp3 support at least), can record audio, and can timestretch(all seem reasonable since these things have been incorporated into Record and reason), it would make Reason a sampling producer's powerhouse.

Until then, what I just typed may seem like alot of work, but compare it to the steps you take in(and out) of Recycle and the results you get, and it doesn't seem as extensive.

What would you have to do to turn a song on vinyl, an mp3, or a song that is over 5 minutes long into a Rex file? Load it into another Daw to edit it before loading it into Recycle. So why not just do everything in said DAW and skip on Recycle all together?
why go through all of that hassle when u can just convert the wav and import to reason 5s sample editor and just chop it there. u can load a sample as long as u like too. Reason 5 is my power house as a sampling producer.

If you have a 5:30 song it won't load up so you can take the 3 second loop you want from it(correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own ReCycle).
i dont get why people are loading 5 minute tracks into Recycle in the first place. its only meant to slice loops not edit entire songs.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Just to expand on what you said about the NNXT..

If you want a blank patch select the NNXT then go to edit in the menu and click Initialise Patch. Took me a minute to figure that out.

that shits long as hell for no reason lol

thats just one workflow though. on the flip side i just record my samples directly into reason export load to recycle slice and import to reason again if i choose to go that way. the live sampler in reason is super useful for those who choose to use it i chop faster in it than i do in recycle

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

why go through all of that hassle when u can just convert the wav and import to reason 5s sample editor and just chop it there. u can load a sample as long as u like too. Reason 5 is my power house as a sampling producer.

i dont get why people are loading 5 minute tracks into Recycle in the first place. its only meant to slice loops not edit entire songs.
Xabition, you are losing touch with reality. lol. Props has put a chip in your brain too, huh? You know I'm j/k. :cheers:

It's no hassle, it takes longer to type than it actually takes to do. And some of us want accurate chops to a time stretched tempo so that our cuts are clean and correspond perfectly.

As for the 5 minute tracks, again, I don't use recycle, but if I have a 5:03 song that I want to take a 4 second loop from to make into a Rex file, why should i have to 1st load it into another audio editor to chop off 3 seconds? While I'm in the other editor, I may as well do everything.

Hey, I'm a user of Reason5 and i love it. Ive been using it for about 2 years but recycle is shit. What other program can anyone suggest to put there a SAMPLE, then add markers, then save it but i want all markers saved separately. I'm just tired of slow sampling.

Thanks!

You can export each slice as a separate sample in Recycle.

My favorite for sampling is Live. It chops audio, It corrects audio, It timestretches audio, It samples/loops and fill in the blank.

The only thing it doesn't do is the Recycle "stretch" effect, but you probably can simulate that some using a delay in Live.

First of all i know how to use recycle. But then i have 7 min mp3 file i have to cut off 2 minutes convert it to wav then slice it in recycle when i f.ex. could chop it in (ive downloaded soundforge10pro) then put all the wav markers into nnxt, bang. i guess that would be a lot faster than recycle. If there will be v3 of rec i will try it for sure but changes must be made! And dont get me wrong i love propellerheads but this particular piece of software doesnt really suit my workflow.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

BTW. Please list the programs u know. I NEED LIGHT FAST audio editor with markers option.

Well for 1 i understand people frustrations but i dont sample from mp3's so half the time i sample the the old school way listen to the track select the portion i want to sample make it a wav and slice a way. Its every better now with reason 5 because it don't use recycle as much only for drum loops but for sampling i just record the audio straight into reason 5 and chop away

Back