propellerheads are soon gonna announce something new/ The Reason 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit the limits of my cpu in Reason 4(well more so a limit in the program with multicore cpu's),I use a i7 920 oc'ed to 3.3ghz ,the song plays all the way through but I get crackles around the end ,its a "benchmark" project with like 330 different loaded modules and the funny thing about the whole thing is while Reason said it was using all my cpu it only showed up using 10-12% in task manager...its obvious its not taking advantage of my whole cpu ,so imagine how it would be if it used all my cores and threads.

Reason 5 addresses multi-core processor support

I hit the limits of my cpu in Reason 4(well more so a limit in the program with multicore cpu's),I use a i7 920 oc'ed to 3.3ghz ,the song plays all the way through but I get crackles around the end ,its a "benchmark" project with like 330 different loaded modules and the funny thing about the whole thing is while Reason said it was using all my cpu it only showed up using 10-12% in task manager...its obvious its not taking advantage of my whole cpu ,so imagine how it would be if it used all my cores and threads.

did you try changing the buffer size? is it on 1024 or 512? Also have you cleaned your HD of unwanted audio?

first off dabeatdoctor Reason is not a 64-bit app or support multi-core processing. like the above post states Reason 5 will address the multi-core processing.

now on a P4 with 2 GB of ram machine try loading Reason Studio Bundle's Abby Road, Reason Drumkit, Reason Electric Bass and Reason Piano patches and see what happens...

these refills will bring a P4 machine with 2 GB of of ram to a crawl...

not sure how cleaning your HD drive of unwanted audio will help because Reason loads the audio files into RAM...

defrag will help load your refills faster but i do not see how cleaning your HD drive of unwanted audio with help with the cpu...

not sure how cleaning your HD drive of unwanted audio will help because Reason loads the audio files into RAM...

defrag will help load your refills faster but i do not see how cleaning your HD drive of unwanted audio with help with the cpu...

It was an option I gave to him to see if it helps Funk, why is it whenever I say something you are right behind me trying to correct my every move? Just like the other day you tried to FYI me about the MCU pro and saying it's discontinued when IT'S ACTUALLY NOT! Why is that? when I showed you were wrong you had nothing else to say. Even if it was a MCU you can buy them on ebay they have a s**t load of them one can purchase. Just stop the nonsense man just stop it!

Everyone knows Reason 4 works on a mono core just trying to give options to dude if it don't work then oh well, it's not life threatening! I don't see how defraggin will work either he has 330 something dam pieces in Reason going, just stop it dude for real!

Last edited:
because there is no relationship between a HD and cpu performance unless samples/audio is stream from disk. the HD can be a problem when loading samples/refills/etc but Reason itself and the samples/refills runs in memory...

this what you wrote:

Yo my boy just purchased the Mackie Control Universal and it works all the functions in Record, it's a hot piece! it looks pro like also, that Mackie is kinda hot!

Mackie Control Universal is discontiued...

not sure where i was wrong...

i may be wrong but there is a difference between Mackie Control Universal and Mackic Control Universal Pro. one is discontinued and the other you could get a sweetwater...

for trying to say someone is wrong or not reread your post first and you will see where the problems are...

instead of trying to prove someone wrong "try" getting and understanding the facts first and then prove them wrong...

with you, you lie so much it is crazy...

the sad part is you do not remember your lies...

in my opinion i take everything you post with a grain of salt...

i.e. you record your vsti live in Record. then come back and say where did i say i was recording vsti live in Record. then you come back and say you were f'ing with me. then i am waiting to get a another machine so i can set it up like my boi, etc, etc, etc...

it is surprising that an individual with a background that you claim to have makes the statements that you make...

p.s. to the board members, when i read something that does not make sense i am going to ask questions. i am not try to start an argument but understand what has been said. it becomes an argument when the individual cant explain what they wrote or when they are trying to explain and their statements make less sense. then i am going to ask more questions...

basically, you learn by asking questions. anyone afraid of asking questions are afraid of learning...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I don't see how defraggin will work either he has 330 something dam pieces in Reason going, just stop it dude for real!

you do not see how defrag. your HD will help your samples/refills load faster?

because that is what i wrote...

this is a prime example of what i am talking about...

individual with 16 core machine, always coming from the studio, just sign a publishing deal, claims to be a techie, has all the latest gear, etc, etc, etc, etc does not think defrag your HD will help your samples/refills load faster...

there is something seriously wrong there!!!!

in words of keith sweat...

"something, something just aint right"

no disrespect to anyone just stating the facts/truth....

Last edited:
first off dabeatdoctor Reason is not a 64-bit app or support multi-core processing. like the above post states Reason 5 will address the multi-core processing.

now on a P4 with 2 GB of ram machine try loading Reason Studio Bundle's Abby Road, Reason Drumkit, Reason Electric Bass and Reason Piano patches and see what happens...

Thank you. I have 4 Gigs of Ram and a dual core CPU and I've brought my CPU to a crawl with Reason. A lot of high quality combinators and a lot of automation can take a big hit out of your CPU.

Thank you. I have 4 Gigs of Ram and a dual core CPU and I've brought my CPU to a crawl with Reason. A lot of high quality combinators and a lot of automation can take a big hit out of your CPU.

i have never bought reason to a crawl and still have my dual core mac with 4gigs of ram and i also have my quad core mac as well. and never bought reason to a hual. and i use nothing but combinators..

the bottom line is...

whether you on a quad core, dual core or 16 core machine Reason 4 only will use one core...

Reason is only a 32-bit app and can only see 3GB of memory max...

if you are using a 16 core machine with 16 GB of ram Reason 4 will only use one core and 3 GB of memory...

also keep in mind if you have 4 GB of memory your OS system is eating up about 1 GB or more (vista 64 1.7 GB) of memory...

who care ya'll too busy worrying about specs make music. and keep it moving.

we know the specs so that we know what to buy to "make' the music...

with the current music technologies specs and "making" the music works hand in hand...

:victory:

why buy a pc and then go get logic?

knowing the specs are a good thing...

Last edited:
the bottom line is...

whether you on a quad core, dual core or 16 core machine Reason 4 only will use one core...

Reason is only a 32-bit app and can only see 3GB of memory max...

if you are using a 16 core machine with 16 GB of ram Reason 4 will only use one core and 3 GB of memory...

also keep in mind if you have 4 GB of memory your OS system is eating up about 1 GB or more (vista 64 1.7 GB) of memory...

That kinda sucks to be honest

damn i was about to buy Abbey Roads too. Is that a problem with the 16 bit version too or only the 24 bit?

damn i was about to buy Abbey Roads too. Is that a problem with the 16 bit version too or only the 24 bit?

on a p4 3.04 2GB of ram with a mastering suite, 14x2 mixer, sends (rv-7, ddl1, cf-101, ph-90) and abbey roads RT3 21 Paddy Amb Blend (top+btm+amb) patch...

taking your first four fingers on your right hand playing any notes fast is about 2 to 3 bars on the cpu meter...

ya'll too techincal over dumb sh*t jus tmake the music brother who cares if i can run reason a single core, dual core, quad core as long as i can make music all that other stuff doesn't matter. it too many debates about dumb stuff (yes i am a victim of debating as well). let just make good music. when you arguing over mackie universal control and control pro like its not that serious.

ya'll too techincal over dumb sh*t jus tmake the music brother who cares if i can run reason a single core, dual core, quad core as long as i can make music all that other stuff doesn't matter. it too many debates about dumb stuff (yes i am a victim of debating as well). let just make good music. when you arguing over mackie universal control and control pro like its not that serious.

i do not know about you but i am passing the time away...

with the mackie universal control trying to catch someone in another lie...

basically, trying to trip them up...

in the future just dont read my post and you should be ok...

i wont be mad!!!!

:victory:

Last edited:

Yeah I knew Reason 4 wasn't 64 bit and and it also didn't take full advantage of multi cores way before I tried the benchmark file ,I was just seeing how much my comp can or Reason can handle before its limited by the programming ,your right about that studio bundle being intensive ,not only cpu intensive but ram intensive ,one 24-bit drum patch was like 500mb, this is why it makes me mad that they haven't gone 64 bit or at least disk streaming because ,why have huge patches when your gonna hit the limit in Reason after loading 4 patches alike in size????it baffles me.lol

did you try changing the buffer size? is it on 1024 or 512? Also have you cleaned your HD of unwanted audio?
Yeah defragging has no effect on my cpu ,my buffer is on 352 ,could go lower if I use my built in sound card(Wavert in Windows 7).

on a p4 3.04 2GB of ram with a mastering suite, 14x2 mixer, sends (rv-7, ddl1, cf-101, ph-90) and abbey roads RT3 21 Paddy Amb Blend (top+btm+amb) patch...

taking your first four fingers on your right hand playing any notes fast is about 2 to 3 bars on the cpu meter...
i typically strip the fx anyway. are there any patches that have no fx on them? i like the idea of using raw sounds and applying my own fx

i typically strip the fx anyway. are there any patches that have no fx on them? i like the idea of using raw sounds and applying my own fx

the patch consist of 1 scream machine, 1 mclass eq, 1 mixer 14:2, 6 nn-xt, 3 micro mixer, 3 peq-2, 1 malstrom....

sounds like a enough to make a whole track...

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
^^^^ funny, i mean i didnt see where he lied but ok.

not this time...

on a rain day with nothing to do go back and read some of his posts...

then you will understand...

:D

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Yeah I knew Reason 4 wasn't 64 bit and and it also didn't take full advantage of multi cores way before I tried the benchmark file ,I was just seeing how much my comp can or Reason can handle before its limited by the programming ,your right about that studio bundle being intensive ,not only cpu intensive but ram intensive ,one 24-bit drum patch was like 500mb, this is why it makes me mad that they haven't gone 64 bit or at least disk streaming because ,why have huge patches when your gonna hit the limit in Reason after loading 4 patches alike in size????it baffles me.lol

if the Reason samplers had a purge function that would help allot too.

say you load the Reason Bass, create your bassline, then the purge function would unload all the samples that is not being used by the bassliine...

Last edited:
the patch consist of 1 scream machine, 1 mclass eq, 1 mixer 14:2, 6 nn-xt, 3 micro mixer, 3 peq-2, 1 malstrom....

Sounds like a enough to make a whole track...

---------- post added at 07:38 pm ---------- previous post was at 07:36 pm ----------

[/color]

not this time...

On a rain day with nothing to do go back and read some of his posts...

Then you will understand...

:d

---------- post added at 08:06 pm ---------- previous post was at 07:38 pm ----------

if the reason samplers had a purge function that would help allot too.

Say you load the reason bass, create your bassline, then the purge function would unload all the samples that is not being used by the bassliine...

reason 5 can do this woo hooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back