Article: Will the iPad ever replace the MPC?

The older MPC hardware will be replace just like any older beat machines, however akai is already making software versions of their hardware (MPC FLY) and other midi versions.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

In a addition, Akai just released their new software MPC FLY, check out a post I did about one of the best beat makers of 2012. I've realized that music apps are the way to go and less expensive than regular beat software.

the ipads taking over the world it seems. isnt there anything that we do that wont eventually be condensed down into a user friendly 69p a go app!

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

saying that, propellorhead on the iphone is one of the greatest apps i have seen.

It's all going iPad. Just wait. The MPC will be successfully ported to the iPad plus someone will come up with something even better that will be exclusive to the iPad. It's only a matter of time.

Ipads are cool tools for making music, but i dont think its replacing an MPC. Id rather have an actual MPC or an MPC style controller like the Akai MPD series because i like the feel of the pads better. Ive used MPCs for a long time and I just dont feel right playing on the glass screen rather than rubber pads

I doubt it, if it zaps out, you're SOL...I've had about three Ipods die on me pretty quick and you can't just get it fixed. while the MPC(and I have both the 2000 and the 100) is hardware that is managable and won't die on you so fast if you maintain it.

Their is market for the ipad esp those who used no equipment ie fruity loops, but for those who like the feel/ flow of equipment the mpc will never get old.

I got a friend who is old school and has been using his MPC for years but I'm slowly convincing him to get with the program. I think Ipads will get used more and more, it is great to have that touch control over apps. Still need to get more powerful I think to run the beasty synths.

well anyone who thinks an iPad or any tablet can honestly replace and MPC, other than the 500, should just GIVE me their MPC and go buy a tablet. its like the differences between old hardware and new...no matter how hard you try, you will never get that old ORIGINAL sound without that old ORIGINAL equipement, but I will say, however, that the ability to use the tablets with our hardware is groundbreaking...just waiting for the android version of FL Studio

Considering all the replacements that are already in place (including computers that dwarf the ipads powers) and the large group of MPC loyalists. I really doubt the MPC will ever be replaced by the Ipad. Potentially by some other device as others have suggested but not the iPad.

Rememer when the first CDJs came out with vinyl emulation and every body said "Boooo!... Cd players will never replace Technic 1200s." Now, DJs show up with just a laptop. MPCs are in the same boat. Vinyl records STILL sound better that digital media, be it CDs... MP3s... However, technology makes it more and more convenient as well as less expensive to do the samethings we used to but with computers, now ipads... even moble phones. Those of us who have the "old school" Beat machines like an MPC, MV8800,... or even older SP-1200... will hold on to those until they become relics... Although I am very interested to see the new advacements and how far they will reach the expectations of the ones who come along in the upcoming age of music.

I don't think the ipad will replace it but apple might make an entirely different product that nobody has ever thought of because they always do and that product might be everything you need to dj put into one really convenient place digitally somehow.

the mpc will always be a part of music production, the feel, the sound, and the number of classic tracks produced on it. That being said, i just sold my mpc2500 and bought an mpd18:rolleyes:

Back