Article: Things I've been learning while at school

Nice post. Quick question: how do you go to school for audio production and cover your bases so you have a degree worth falling back on?

Nice post. Quick question: how do you go to school for audio production and cover your bases so you have a degree worth falling back on?

I have my bachelors degree already...however I dont believe in the "back up plan" If you want something go get it... And I have pretty good options right now...

The best way to cover cost for college is to find a roommate to share cost with. Schools will post messages on white boards in the break room for students looking for a roommate. Talk to a college recruitment officer, they’ll have resources to help you find a roommate.

Even before you start, it's a good idea to find a gig in live sound or at a studio. It can’t hurt to try and get out before receiving your degree; studios are always looking for an eager student. I've also seen students fill out as many scholarship applications to earn more money; some say it's purely a numbers game with that.

Lastly, if you can’t find a live sound gig, get a part time job and start building up your equipment, in audio production, you might not find a job right away, so don't be afraid to start your own business.

Having your own gear will help you learn more techniques faster being that you have access to gear 24/7. I hope this answers your question.

Great advice, watched an hour long episode Pesando's place, pretty informative stuff, a couple of recommended effects plugins, cheers indeed.

Good Ish!!!! I moved to Tempe, AZ 3 1/2 years ago to attend a school that teaches video production (I make music videos now in AZ!) and I learned so much technical things that a reg person would never know! Check out my music videos at brannustudios.com

Back