YAY or NAY VESTAX PCV FADERS?

KHAN

http://www.djdeals.com/vestaxPCV180.htm
im thinkin of buyin the vestax pcv-180 mixer. Its only 200 bucksUSD and vestax seems to be the best mixer company out there, so it looks like a good deal! ARE PCv faders good? will thet put up with scratching? the description says its a techno/ electronica mixer, but can i still use it for scratching even though is doesnt have "cut " features or "rev"? Does anyone know what FMS under the kills collum means?

I will be playin mostly hiphop and some dance, in comjunction w/ an american audio dcdpro210 cd player and numark tt200's

can any1 suggest a better mixer in the price range?

i figured id post b/c the pcv-180 is bieng discontinued, and i wanted to check if it may have been to crappy products or bad faders.....someones gotta have a pcv model mixer?!

no theyre not discontinuing it cuz its bad, theyre just getting rid of some of their older products to make room for their newer ones
nothing wrong with it

the pcv faders have a very fast action (important for scratching). they are also supposed to last a long time. not sure about the curve though.

i hope ur not tryin to scratch tho cuz it doesnt have a curve control

i had a pcv-175a with PCV faders... they were decent but didn't hold a candle to Penny & Giles faders. i felt that the upfaders were fairly stiff. the PCV crossfader was butter, but lacked a curve control, which made fast scratching impossible.

pcv faders were dope like, 3 years ago. the technology has been pretty much surpassed by now. still, they are much smoother and more reliable than traditional ALPS faders found on sub-$200 mixers.

Thanks to all the new replies!

i might recnsider the vestax, and go w/ the stanton smx 4o1, it has p&G faders, and its only $50 more! Whatda think?

Still though, the pcv faders would indefinetely outlast a normal ALPS fader, right?

Can n e one else suggest a 3 channel mixer in the SUB 250 price range?

kadooka said:
i have a pcv 275 and im constantly having to get a replacement fader.

I have a 275 as well and its been in operation for almost a year and i have had no problems. Although I do not scratch and i mix purley with input faders and EQ's. All in all i am happy. Although i have friends who have 275's and they are rough on there mixer and slam faders and they have replaced several. Hope this helps. The stanton is junk IMO the knobs are way to close together, PCV faders have much better quality and the cuts on vestax sound much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
HUge props to all who replied...!

im prolly gonna go w/ the vestax 180, even though im gonna do a little scratchin, i think it should be okay...
Even though i do hip-hop, the 180 is more of a electronica mixer.... but im sure itll beat my numark dm1002mkII!!
thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Back