Yamaha RS7000

V

verbal

Anybody know where I could get more info on this? I want to find out when its coming out and how much its going to be. Looks great. I might sell my RM1x and get this if its the same price range.

Verbal

DON'T DO IT !

Check the Yamaha site, there's something on there (i think !).

I wouldn't sell your RM for one of those, you don't stand to gain very much.

Better off buying a sampler to use with your RM1x, more opportunities that way.

Well, I'm not very good at producing my own stuff, yet. And I'm still in the process of learning how to use it since the manual is no help. And the RS7000 seems to be a beefed up RM1x. I really want to add a sampler to my table setup. But I read something about the MSRP for the RS7000 is $1800 or something. That sucks!

Verbal

Clean slate, so I'm looking forward to the RS7000

I for one am looking forward to the RS7000... :)

However, If I already owned an RM1X I wouldn't sell it for a RS7000, but rather buy the SU700 as it's friend. In theory the RS7000 will cost about the same as an RM1X and SU700 [with all the RAM and extra sound board.]

But considering the fact that I sold my entire studio, in hopes to rebuild; the RS7000 seems like the right place to start. It is a beefed up RM1X, but the sampler section does not hold as much sample time as an SU700.

However the RS7000 SCSI port on the back looks as though you will be allowed to connect a ZIP drive -- allowing for more sample storage [ALA SP808], and allowing for loading and reloading new samples for use in a set. How fast it is remains to be seen.

It allows for importing AIFF, WAV files, and several others... it exports as WAV files. Greatfor people like me who still like to use software programs to process their synths and beatz.

Another cool thing, is that this machine wil allow for YAMAHA's standard XG compatibility as well as ROLANDs GM2 capability as announced as the years NAMM.

It holds more MIDI notes/storage than the RM1X which is always handy.

So again, for someone like me who is starting all over from scratch and needs a good "Control Center" for thier new studio, I think this will work just fine for me.

With a little time and patience I hope to get the new YAMAHA AN200 digital analogue modeling [similar to the Electribe EA-1, but better], to work along with the RS7000. The cool thing about this little creature is it's AN1X capabilities, yet allowing it to be three channel mulitimberal -- where the AN1X has only one. If I'm lucky I could win the lottery and get the Alesis A6 ANDOMEDIA to use with the RS7000 -- but that's just a pipe dream.

Anyway -- the RS7000's specs seem pretty tight!
http://www.yamahasynth.com/pro/rs7000/index.html Late...

Back