Yamaha DX27, i need help now!!!

T

Teardrop

Well, i need to know what is the difference between the Yamaha DX7, DX27 and DX100, I found a bargain price for the 27!!! But, i need to know if i can recreate the Roger troutman sound with my talkbox and the DX27... If DX27 can produce the same sound and quality as the DX7, i will buy it... Please help, the sale is over in about 2-4 hours..

The DX7 has 6 operators, as well as a velocity and afertouch sensitive keyboard.

The DX27 and DX100 have 4 operators. The keyboard are neither velocity or aftertouch sensitive.

If you don't know what any of this means, it's probably not the right time to buying any of them.

I'm not sure about the DX27, but some of the 4-op DX synths (like the TX81z), while they had less operators, they had more waveforms to work with than just a pure sine, offsetting the missing operators somewhat (and making them easier to program).

Aftertouch, i know what it is, i know most of this. But i dont know what operators is...

DX27 has only sine waves. You have to go for TX81Z and DX11 etc. for more waveforms.
You can find many cheap 4-OP FM synths today.
My site has some FM information and .mp3 sound examples, including DX21 (bi-timbral version of DX27), TX81Z and DX7.

http://deepsynthesis.net

Back