why dont sounds in fl studio come out thick?

sf41fever

Why is it that sounds in fl studio come out so thin? theres been several times the engineer tells me we need to redo the beats bc it is too thin. cant a good mix make the sounds as thick as if someone was making beats on pro tools? i dont use a lot of fl studio sounds. i use a lot of sample drums and vsts but i guess its still not thick enough.i like using fl studio and i dont have time to learn a new program but if this is the case i might have too?

is there a way to render the beat a certain way to thicken it?

u gotta get pro tools.. theres a vst that has a thick button. its pretty badassssssss

shadyrecords040 said:
u gotta get pro tools.. theres a vst that has a thick button. its pretty badassssssss

so when the engineer has my wav files, he can use that to thicken it up? but will it match somebodys beat thickness if the made a beat through pro tools?

It could be a number of things....like when your rendering the beat. Check the quality level(sampler interpolation) and check and make sure its not on the lowest possible quality (linear) i render my tracks down in 64-point sinc and my joints sound the same way as if i was listening to it in fl. Also if you are working to a industry level look at the option section and click on Split Mixer Tracks what that does is mix each track to there own wave file(the thing to do in my opinion) becauce than when you are recording vocals if you want to tweak your snare or something you can do it more easy(plus thats how the pros work). Hope i could help

rite on , but yeah i always track out into wav files.. but still it doesnt come out full.. what is the highest quality you can render the beat in wav files in fl studio? does the highest quality rendering also mean the thickest possible in sound fl can do? tthnks for help

your saying thick and im not really understanding what your saying. If you have a good sound card and not mixing it down in the lowest quality when you play it back in any other player it should sound the same way it sounds as if your playing it in fruity loops. Its really hard for me to understand the question when i havent been thru the problem. but i tries to help when i can.
. I been using fruity loops for years and i never had a problem with my tracks different in another player. you might wanna check the other software your using it might be some problem with that. and i dont know if you misunderstood me earlier when i said to hit the Split Mixer Tracks button. i didnt mean to just mix your song in wave form. when the button is hit it mixes each and every track,your kick goes to one file,Snare,hi hat, sounds and so and so. So if your using 12 different instruments you will have 12 single wav files then at that point you can put it into your recording softwar and i suppose as you would say "Thickin The Song" hope i can help big homie good luck

Last edited:
It aint a problem with fruity loops imo, but its all about mixing, you've got to use maximizer, enhancers,eqs, effects etc
And it is the same in any programs.

It's not FL. I used only FL to start creating "stuff", and it sounded great. Now I use Logic Studio and Pro Tools. :)

All about mixing and mastering.

sf41fever said:
so when the engineer has my wav files, he can use that to thicken it up? but will it match somebodys beat thickness if the made a beat through pro tools?

he's bull****tin you homie lol

anyways if you have no clue how to mix properly then you wont get the same thickness you need to use good plug-ins and understand eq, compression, panning, etc...

Also when rendering in FL use the highest quality output on the mixer. Bounce at 32 bit float it makes a huge difference. Depending on whawt program you're mixing in you might have to dither the beat to 24

also you need good studio monitors and a tight room.

Also commercial music is mastered after mixing which also makes a major difference

Peace

also what some people fail to realise is when u got your beat played on the sequencer its only playing at 75% of velocity. send em into the piano roll, up the velo and youll hear a big difference

Why is there a thread that's been started for every piece of gear on the planet called "why are the sounds in (fill in the blank with anything you want) so thin?"

It's not the program, it's you. This same question has been asked of Reason, Sonar, Triton, and Pro Tools. All this stuff makes the exact same quality of sound.

shadyrecords040 said:

Yeah,He is bull****ting ya.
It's the fat button.

rayzer said:
also what some people fail to realise is when u got your beat played on the sequencer its only playing at 75% of velocity. send em into the piano roll, up the velo and youll hear a big difference

Oh yea that's the thing that makes people say that the sound in FL is wack. But when you turn the velocity up the sound is exactly the same than in any other tool.
I've started on fl, been to reason, cubase, acid, pro tools and even roland mv 8800, now mpc 1k and there isnt any magic in any of these, the sound is exactly the same.

It's all about mixing.

It Not That The Fl Studio Sounds Come Out Weak
bUt U Have To Mix And Master

Check Me Thread Out I Use Fl Sounds:
futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225618

Last edited:
vicev said:
It could be a number of things....like when your rendering the beat. Check the quality level(sampler interpolation) and check and make sure its not on the lowest possible quality (linear) i render my tracks down in 64-point sinc and my joints sound the same way as if i was listening to it in fl. Also if you are working to a industry level look at the option section and click on Split Mixer Tracks what that does is mix each track to there own wave file(the thing to do in my opinion) becauce than when you are recording vocals if you want to tweak your snare or something you can do it more easy(plus thats how the pros work). Hope i could help

when i choose split mixer tracks it still comes out as one wave file. do i need software to open each individual track?

i find it funny no one mentioned this but um...the sounds you are using needs to be thick from the get go. u can process the s*** out of it but most of the time your waisting your time. get some good vst's and quit using wav files that u got from off the net lol. some vsts have real thick sounds and some have thin sounds but usually the wav sounds from off the net is thin.

try to use nothing but the good stuff and you'll see. you cant just grab any sound and think its gonna get thick after rendering.

mister nico said:
when i choose split mixer tracks it still comes out as one wave file. do i need software to open each individual track?

Thats because you keeping your song as a master when in reality its not. What you have to do is open up the mixer in fruity loops. now you should see theres a bunch of mixers and 1 master. what you have to do is give every individual sound its own mixer track, the pianos on its own track, hi-hats, kick whatever.
(left click on a empty mixer) now you will be able to use the Split Mixer Tracks and it will render each sound to its own file....Good Luck. holla back if you need more info

Back