What's the latest trends in music?

E

Exponge

Hi, i am try doing some report for school. Tell me please about the latest trends in music right now, for teenagers. Can be anything, from the way they share music or the latest genres. Thank you

What is the the topic/thesis of your paper?

Might get better feedback if we knew from what angle you are looking.

<cynical middle aged guy>

Honestly music trends for the teenage consumer haven't changed much in 50+ years. (ie pop is pop no matter the style of pop)

Style > Substance

Catchy hooks using words third graders can pronounce and comprehend

Simple lyrics saying nothing that challenges contemporary values/beliefs/morals

*shrug*

</cynical middle aged guy>
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
music is waiting for a trend right now IMO, crunk is faded, the euro thing can still hit, but it's not the dominant sound. There is no dominant sound right now, it's wide open.

i have to agree with (PianoReeves) on this one.... might not be directed towards the topic BUT....right now music is waiting for the next new thing....i mean i myself strive 2 be unqiue i wont lay down any lyrics NO MATTER WHAT unless every bar is fire and thats that....soon ppl will respect the hard work that goes into music not just the lame simple crap thats get "praised"....so in a way im on board with (Ehcsztein) as well....just my opinion on that SPECIFIC matter....

Orangetta

1.so obviously the way teens share their music is through the internet or givin eachother burned CD's downloading from file sharing programs like ********..
2.new trends ..... not much is new... old things are commin bak....
chek that new song "beggin for mercy" sounds like 70's to me...
all that electro/hiphop/pop sounds like the 80's tryinna come bak but this time around with equipment/synth upgrades...
singers using autotune is very popular....
guys dressing with colorful outfits and tight fit clothes came bak
(dont forget the mohawk and the D&G glasses)
new trends... lets see club music is as dirty ass ever
we still keep refering to our genitals as candy...
50 cent candy shop.... laffy taffy... lil wayne lollipop... oh yeah and clubs look more like huge orgys (with clothes on)
when dancing to stuff like dancehall, reggaeton, or hiphop

Back