What is the Tempo Range for RNB generally?

Big Leak

Im tryna stray away from hip hop a little.

And Generally what is the tempo range for RNB

I seen some in the 90's and I seen some in the 60's

I know it sounds like i answered my own question.

But i would like to get a second and third oppinion if possible

it can be anything. Like

45 (Alicia Keys - If It aint you)

60 (Avant- 4 Minutes)

100 (Beyonce Crazy In Love)

120 (Ciara- One Two Step)

Yeah, my neo-soul stuff usaully is from 57-85.

But like everybody else said, it's so much crossover now it could be any bpm you want.

believe it or not but a lot of rnb is done in the range 120bpm up to 160bpm. when i download rnb albums i use bpm analyzer to figure out their bpm and a lot of songs be in that range.

I guess you can say that rnb is around 60-70 bpm, but actually like others said it can be lower or higher. 60bpm is like 120bpm in a sense but not in others...factors that change between the two include quantization and automation (unless you record your own automation manually).

But yea typical rnb song is around 60-70bpm but definitely not all. Hip hop influenced rnb is much higher (or a little lower depending on if you use say for example 57 or 114bpm)

Well,when I make a R&B track it ranges from 70-76...to be exact...I usually use 74....but,like everyone is sayin'....it can nearly be any BPM really!

45 (Alicia Keys - If It aint you)

60 (Avant- 4 Minutes)

100 (Beyonce Crazy In Love)

120 (Ciara- One Two Step)

don't listen to that.. bad advice.
45 bpm?! are u kidding me? think about it...

tmac4183
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2004

believe it or not but a lot of rnb is done in the range 120bpm up to 160bpm. when i download rnb albums i use bpm analyzer to figure out their bpm and a lot of songs be in that range.

When you see, RnB bpm's at 120 or 160 whoever did it, made the beat in what is called " double Time". This can make the track sound smoother and you can add a lot of drumming within it. so 120 is really 60 bpm's.

1. Ballads 50 up to 60
2. Mid Tempo 65 to 78
3. Up Tempo 80 to 96

Back