what do you hate MOST about crunk?

RickyRaw

ok, i am from atlanta and i am not down with most of the crunk biz that goes on. however, with so much of it, i actually do find some that isnt bad. im curious as to what the producers around america dont like the most? is it the slow beats? lack of content with the lyrics? the synths that they use? the simplistic hooks? the lack of snare drum? what EXACTLY?

let me know your opinion cuz some of these things are acceptable to me when done right and others... not so much. whatya think?

Heezzi said:
crunk means hype. If your track is hype, then it is crunk.

wrod up. being from atlanta i am very familiar with many meanings for the word crunk but i am asking more about the specific music it defines, mainly by lil jon. but there are def other artists that embody the "crunk" style.

But don't get crunk confussed with Hyphey, that sh!t is far from southern crunk. I don't think crunk is hype, hyper or whatever. Crunk is buck. And that's the bottom line.

Morning_Star said:
But don't get crunk confussed with Hyphey, that sh!t is far from southern crunk. I don't think crunk is hype, hyper or whatever. Crunk is buck. And that's the bottom line.

i KNOW that crunk means that somethin is dope, or hype, or buck. these are all ways of just saying thats somethin is fresh (usually with high energy with a slow beat when refering to music) in the south. i was born and raised in atl. i am talkin about the "genre" (if u can call it that) of music that is called "Crunk."

i think i am looking for opinions from people who arent into crunk at all or very little. im hoping to get some opinions from people who arent in the south.

by the way morning star, havnt seen you on the forums lately. you should stop by and drop your myspace link in the myspace thread stickied at the top. dropbombz.com - atl underground

My interpretations of crunk :

1 Crunk Music - Down south slow lil john type music with super weak lyrics. "Crunk Music"

2 Crunk - Big, Strong, Heavy, Muscular. "Yo we about to hit the gym and get crunk"

3 Crunk - Partying and getting drunk. "We about to hit the club and get crunk"

What I dislike :
- The weak ass flow and rhymes

All everybody in the south cares about is lol :
- Getting crunk lol thats why down south people are consider slow lmao . . . Just kidding had to poke fun

Last edited:
H&R said:
My interpretations of crunk :

1 Crunk Music - Down south slow lil john type music with super weak lyrics. "Crunk Music"

2 Crunk - Big, Strong, Heavy, Muscular. "Yo we about to hit the gym and get crunk"

3 Crunk - Partying and getting drunk. "We about to hit the club and get crunk"

What I dislike :
- The weak ass flow and rhymes

All everybody in the south cares about is lol :
- Getting crunk lol thats why down south people are consider slow lmao . . . Just kidding had to poke fun
I dont like how rappers from the north typecast all the south. I listen to stuff like MF Doom, GZA, Immortal Technique, and more... But I love to get crunk with friends, and there is nothing more fun...
Also The south is largely people from the north now... Last year in my Debate class out of 25 people, 13 of the people were from NY, or New Jersey, and sooo many people from conneticutt live here too... I hate to say, but you people drive worse then even people in FL, and your rude, but that is a typecast in itself. My city is in like the top 5 fastest growing city's in the US, and 90% of the people who move here are from up north. I don't understand why so many people from up north not only in rap, but in everything Slam the south so much, and say it sucks, and then they move here to live in are beutifull weather, and cheap housing... It makes no sence. You no in NC $80,000 Buys a nice suberban house near all types of movie theatres, and entertainment. ETC. People slam the south... Well they suck. I know this is off topic. ( This whole post ) But I went to Philly to visit family, and they lived in a ghetto, had payed almost as much money as we did for there house, everyone was jerks, and mean, and it was so cold I thought my lips were gonna freeze. Then I went back home to Florida with all the nice trees and wheather, and went swimming in 70 degree weather in december.
THE SOUTH OWNS!!!

Ok I promise I will never do that again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could do without repetetive hooks and more volidity with the lyrics... it seems like a good percentage of the music is produced with the same drums and the same synth sounds, just a little different than the last one. What really makes songs stand out to me is a unique beat and some thoughtfelt lyrics, some stuff i have'nt heard before, and i know this is probably just wishful thinking but what if there was some crunk music had really powerful lyrics and was still able to make people want to jump up and dance and whatever, y'know? it could be landmark... i'd call it emo-crunk-hop. I'll give a few years

I heard a track on hiphopgame.com called Letter To New York.

Man I'm not really even feelin' this song that much, but it REALLY sums up how I feel about the whole NY/South situation.

Only the NYGGAS and young boys up North are feeling an abundance of crunk music. Most of us dudes with common sense are well above that crap.

It makes people make utter asses out of themselves at the club.

It makes niggas have to listen to wack ass shlt at the club.

It makes hoodrat bltches that look like shlt and have mad weave on want to back that thang up on YOU at the club.

It makes me have to listen too annoying ass synthy pop ass 80z head ass sounds and wack ass non melodic souless "tunes" at the club.

It makes people spill their drink on your new Rocawear getup and causes a massive fight at the club.

As you can see... I pretty much don't wanna be at the club. I hit up this lounge and kick it, it's dope... dimmed blue lights. Mad intellectual poetry neo soul backpack type bltches that want to pick your brain and give you brain. You don't have to move either and get all sweaty... just kick it, ask for another round of Bacardi. You know, be a phuckin soul brother for once... instead of an assclown vibin to the newest disco era.

The fact that it has made people think it's not possible to make a good club track without corny synths or minimalist drum patterns.

Did you guys ever stop to think that mabey the only reason crunk songs survive is because we like em. You cant be tryin to be at the club or at a party bumpin "little brother" thats for at home or some shyt. there certain music for certain occasions. you wouldnt play no 2pac at no funeral. so if you dont like crunk dont bother with it. why yall not hatin on oprah or bluegrass???

DaOriginalBlade said:
It makes people make utter asses out of themselves at the club.

It makes niggas have to listen to wack ass shlt at the club.

It makes hoodrat bltches that look like shlt and have mad weave on want to back that thang up on YOU at the club.

It makes me have to listen too annoying ass synthy pop ass 80z head ass sounds and wack ass non melodic souless "tunes" at the club.

It makes people spill their drink on your new Rocawear getup and causes a massive fight at the club.

As you can see... I pretty much don't wanna be at the club. I hit up this lounge and kick it, it's dope... dimmed blue lights. Mad intellectual poetry neo soul backpack type bltches that want to pick your brain and give you brain. You don't have to move either and get all sweaty... just kick it, ask for another round of Bacardi. You know, be a phuckin soul brother for once... instead of an assclown vibin to the newest disco era.

yea bra, stay out da club. down here we dont dance to no soul music or whateva you listen to. we enjoy havin females BACKIN THEY A$$ up on us while gettin buck. u obviously into some backpacker type s***. thats cool or whaeva but u know...different strokes for different folks. but why we gotta be assclowns? keep that hate sh** to yourself homeboy.

LOL @ people gettin offended at what I said. You must be the female backin that thang up by your reaction. Stay raggin homie and learn to lighten up. You must fit the assclown bill... I ain't your homeboy tho, don't get it twisted. IF that's what ya'll call hating... well hell, I'm cool wit it.

You don't like LB? You phuckin HATERRRRRR!!!!!!!

i know u aint my homeboy . i dont mess with hoes. and that aint raging. im just expressing myself fool. if u dont like it then f*** u ni**a.

jaybizzle3000 said:
i know u aint my homeboy . i dont mess with hoes. and that aint raging. im just expressing myself fool. if u dont like it then f*** u ni**a.

chill out homie, quit bein a assclown. lol

Back