What do I do now?

BoyInTheBubble

I have recently co-produced, performed on recordings amd co-written tracks on an album by an established artist. I know PRS will sort payment for the performance of songs recorded amd live amd that the label have to account to me for my production points but how do I ensure I get paid for me performances on radio plays amd album sales. Can you advise please plus anything else I should do?
Thanks
BITB

That is what your PRS is for. Contact your rep for details. Payments are usually quarterly.

GJ

No. A performance rights organization is just that, a *performance* rights organization (payments/“royalties” for radio, TV, and vendor/venue broadcast and use). This is money owed on the publishing end. There are other organizations that can help with accounting of record royalties, licensing, etc. and still others that handle on-line/Internet-based media use. All of these things are according to contracts, negotiated agreements, split sheets, and various industry standards.

Too much to post here. I *strongly* suggest a basic music business primer such as “This Business of Music”...

GJ

Back