Waves New Synth "Codex" Released

Salem Beats

Ki from Salem-Beats.com
Hey guys,

Waves released their new Wavetable (get the pun? Haha.) Synth "Codex":

The interface reminds me a lot of Natives Instruments' "Razor",
but someone in a group I was involved in compared it to Xfer's "Serum".

It's priced at a 50% off introductory offer right now, and you can save an additional 10% with this coupon:

10% Off Waves Specials

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews/Blog)

I was enticed as well.. But uh- hmm. kinda "too" different. Ic ould still see myself using thee ol' Element more one day on a pop record but probably not that either.

This ol new Codex seems kinda not balanced as the guy says but ill agree it is pretty balanced. I'll agree it is cool, but not what I am looking for. Then maybe then again maybe I'm wrong, I usually am.

I was enticed as well.. But uh- hmm. kinda "too" different. Ic ould still see myself using thee ol' Element more one day on a pop record but probably not that either.

This ol new Codex seems kinda not balanced as the guy says but ill agree it is pretty balanced. I'll agree it is cool, but not what I am looking for. Then maybe then again maybe I'm wrong, I usually am.

Yeah, it really depends on what you're using it for.

The functionality reminds me a lot of one of the lesser-known synths that comes bundled in Reaktor, "Oki Computer":

Namely, a fairly simple Wavetable-based synth whose claim to fame is the ability to morph between wavetables in unique ways and load up your own wavetables.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews/Blog)

Back