VERY CHILLED w/bass - shall I finish it?

EntyceUK

Something I was recently working on...

Used the vocals from 'I Need Your Love.'

Feedback? If you like the sound of it then follow me, I'm always posting new ideas :)

This is really good, definitely finish it ! Maybe use more reverb on the piano chords? It's great regardless

This is really good, definitely finish it ! Maybe use more reverb on the piano chords? It's great regardless

Yeah I have got some reverb on there but obviously not enough haha. I'm still getting to grips with reverb and how much to use/what parts to eq ...etc.

Sometimes i'll have some on an aux channel that sounds good with my headphones but then on my laptop speakers it'll sound too overpowering and the original signal/sound gets lost.

But thanks anyway guys!

exactly the kind of music i like. great track.finish it, this is most important because even if it turns out crap in the end you still have worked your way thru and hopefully learned stuff. but i gotta agree with the reverb add more! followed you

Thanks :) I guess I will try and finish this one then. When you say more reverb, are we talking about upping the gain of the reverb channel/s or the actual reverb 'time' ? Do you think there needs to be more on the drums as well?

more reverb time i guess the piano gotta almost be ambient; like... rolling on . at least thats what i think

Thanks! Well I've pretty much taken out all of the low end from the piano up to around 300hz, and given a slight dip in the high shelf to let the hats come through. But yeah it seems like most of you think there needs to be more verb, which I will focus on next.

I do love xxyyxx, but how to get a "warm mix/master", I do not know. Is it to do with changing levels of certain sounds to give a greater slope on the final eq stage? If you know what I mean...so the highs are way lower. Or is it more to do with the individual sounds/samples used?

Not really my style, but the mixing is well done. Feels like it needs a little more going on in the background. Some strings/pads would lift this up nicely. Def finish! :)

Not really my style, but the mixing is well done. Feels like it needs a little more going on in the background. Some strings/pads would lift this up nicely. Def finish! :)

here is what i meant by "warmer" i would say "fuller" aswell , eitheir by adding some pads/strings as he said but i feel like you just got the right amount of instrument just some reverb and stereo separation will do... i guess

I will try pads maybe low passed at like 900, maybe even lower? That way it should sound warm and leave the percussion/hats to provide the crisp.

Cool, glad you like the mixing.

And klaus, I'm guessing the best way for stereo separation on pads would be to add a small L/R delay that are both just m.seconds apart? I know chorus is an option but i don't like what it does to the original sound.

The mix is clean, I like your melody, possibly a lite delay on the piano, more reverb as spoken on all ready and you set bro. Check me out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...s-100%-feedback-returned-448241/#post49653341

Thanks bro. Shall I take away reverb as I add more delay? or have a mix of both. I've tried to add more reverb but it's loosing it's punch (EVEN when its on a separate aux). Should I eq the verb to solve this? I've taken out 100hz below but is there anything more I should be doing with it?

I checked your youtube channel out btw man, some well produced pieces there! Bits of lead going throughout the songs are nice as well.

Back