Tutorial How To Set Up Reason to Sequence On Your Hardware Synth

Awesome!

thank you Xabiton

I was about to PM you and a few other folks to let you guys know about this new section, and invite you to contribute :)

I can't wait to do an all-FP system... Youtube compresses video and audio WAY too much... imagine TRUE 640x480, 128 Kbps music production tutorials... now THAT would be nice.

thanks again! post more! Link this thread in your sig, your sites, etc... to bring folks to this new section

congrats for being the 1st person to post one!

Boo to Xabiton and Reason/Sonar:p Naw, good looking homie

Yo "X"!!!!! What program are you using to record exatcly what you are doing right from the computer screen? I've been looking for that kind of program for a minute.

Cam Studio Mano put me up on it. Works well thus far for screen capturing but the audio part sucks.

Thanks for the Love all. I will likely do another one on rewiring Sonar to Reason as well. If anyone has anything in particular that they would like to see a vid on PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
MAGISTY said:
Yo "X"!!!!! What program are you using to record exatcly what you are doing right from the computer screen? I've been looking for that kind of program for a minute.

See the sticky that says "READ THIS FIRST"? :) ... it explains that part

Yeah audio-wise, check if your sound properties / card has a MIX ALL checkbox in the recording settings.... that will mix your mic AND speakers audio... and CAMSTUUDIO will pick both up as "Record speakers"

take care

OK

also, you might want to reduce resolution down to 800x600 - harder to work with, but Camstudio has AUTOPAN feature that moves the capture square around as you do

this will allow small text and details to be visible on the output video
Youtube compresses WAY too much too... doesn't help :)

I have NO time, but thinking about how to let you guys upload directly to FP, and compress things HERE (not so much as they do). Stay tuned :)

Xabiton said:
Cam Studio Mano put me up on it. Works well thus far for screen capturing but the audio part sucks.

Thanks for the Love all. I will likely do another one on rewiring Sonar to Reason as well. If anyone has anything in particular that they would like to see a vid on PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Also if you have the resources you could Record with Camastia Studio, Disable the sound recording and record with something like Soundforge or Audition or Protools I believe it all does the same thing, then Piece the Audio with the video back in Soundforge or Audition or Protools.
Peace
S II

Nice tutorial bro! I never tried sequencing with my hardware until today. I usually do my drums and sampling in Reason, then rewire it with Sonar, last add the final sounds from my Fantom to complete the beat.

I tried it with my Fantom today, and I think I've found my new work flow! ;) I use Reason as my drum and sampling, and everything else with my Fantom. I don't why I didn't do this before. Looking forward to more tutorials :cheers:

^^^^!!! you aint lyin Xab put me onto game with that Tut... I'm doin the same thing reason and the fantom, then to pro tools.

**** is ROCKIN!

Thanx Xab!

mano 1 said:
Awesome!

thank you Xabiton

I was about to PM you and a few other folks to let you guys know about this new section, and invite you to contribute :)

I can't wait to do an all-FP system... Youtube compresses video and audio WAY too much... imagine TRUE 640x480, 128 Kbps music production tutorials... now THAT would be nice.

thanks again! post more! Link this thread in your sig, your sites, etc... to bring folks to this new section

congrats for being the 1st person to post one!

please please please PLEASE find a way to normalize the volumes. Nothing sucks more than being on youtube and cranking the volume just to hear what's going on and then being blown across the room on the next video.

they are asking here because i commented here about it... this was the first video thread d in this new section

folks, pleasr talk about the video system int the sticky 'readthis' thread

thanks

Back