The "Hip Hop/R&B" Section has slowed down a lot since the "Off Topic" Section opened

Kiddvicious

The "Hip Hop/R&B" Section has slowed down a lot since the "Off Topic" Section opened

34do479.gif

"I Dont Like That Sh!t". . .

LMAO... At least the Hip Hop section doesn't have random or heated threads about topics not associated with music.

What you gonna do? I guess most folks would be unhappy.... either way.

I think it is a good addition to FP. Hip hop as a genre has slowed down in the last year and a half. Not that is a bad thing, I only notice and say this because I get a hip hop releases email from Amazon every week. Up until about halfway thru last year there was at least 1 release every week that stood out. Now that is rarely the case, there was even a week where nothing came out.

With the people arguing thing, it will only be a matter of time before someone gets slammed for talking hip hop in the off topic section :P

This website is going to hell just like Rapforums did.
There's plenty of websites to go bu11**** each other on. There is very few people on this website who contribute to helping make music. I guess that is cause the majority of users live the pirated software generation, whereas a few years ago it was more focused on people who had to buy something and learn it and would come here for advice and ask questions. I havn't even seen people ask the most repetitive question of how to link your MPC to your turntable/motif/mixer/monitors That used to get asked every day.

There's plenty of websites to go bu11**** each other on. There is very few people on this website who contribute to helping make music. I guess that is cause the majority of users live the pirated software generation, whereas a few years ago it was more focused on people who had to buy something and learn it and would come here for advice and ask questions. I havn't even seen people ask the most repetitive question of how to link your MPC to your turntable/motif/mixer/monitors That used to get asked every day.

:cheers:

I havn't even seen people ask the most repetitive question of how to link your MPC to your turntable/motif/mixer/monitors That used to get asked every day.

That is because they never had YouTube in the past. You can watch a video on almost anything now.

Not everybody uses pirated software here. Sure almost everybody has done the try before buy system that is so popular but those that are serious still buy the software.

That is because they never had YouTube in the past. You can watch a video on almost anything now.

Not everybody uses pirated software here. Sure almost everybody has done the try before buy system that is so popular but those that are serious still buy the software.
I'm on FP everyday and all I see when it comes to music is links to other sites and "Peep my shyt threads"... There both ok with me but the noobs who know alil something squash the guys who just started so they can feel like alil something. The question asking went down when the answering did... There's alot of selfish people around right now... Thats why there's barely any new people unless there an a$$hole looking to hang with a bunch of young a$$holes and talk shyt...

ie. Jamon, Wizzed-On, Kiddvicious(AKA Mr. Giffy, AKA Comic Relief, AKA Dr. Perfect Pic AKA "Do I make beats?"), G-Rod(calling out J Troup for "look at me" points),bigchop217(Pete Rocks A Overrated Loser), etc.... you get the pic my dude...

I'm not hating but when the FL vs Reason vs MPC users went up the FL users showed up in droves... The "Save" function on that demo is why FP's a mess right now...lol

Last edited:

I learned alot (musically) on this site awhile back (a year ago), and think there are still quite a few on here who are looking to help others out (especially in the Songwriting, and lyricism forum), but recently, there hasnt been as many people asking questions in either forum...well, REAL music questions...

Nah man. Even if there was a youtube video showing how to do that, people would at least be making a post asking somebody else to post the link to the video. That's how this website is. That hasn't been posted because people on here aren't buying gear to hook up. It's FL Studio using their stock soundcard on their Dell PC and the speakers that came with it.

and think there are still quite a few on here who are looking to help others out (especially in the Songwriting, and lyricism forum)

Ehh. That forum has favorites. I know that everytime I have posted something there looking for feedback I'm lucky to get a reply or two, while others get 2-3 pages of feedback.

I personally think this site doesn't contain enough people that enjoy making music and the process of learning... look at this section... it came from the ever growing need for people to not make music or even talk about the process... so all those that wanted this section you have what you need to be on this site and not even talk about music anymore... I mean if you really think about it.. the amount of members actively making music every week is only a handful... and the amount of members talking about everything but is the vast majority... so just look to yourselves and why you are on this site.. if it's not to learn, or to help, or create.. then what?

I personally think this site doesn't contain enough people that enjoy making music and the process of learning... look at this section... it came from the ever growing need for people to not make music or even talk about the process... so all those that wanted this section you have what you need to be on this site and not even talk about music anymore... I mean if you really think about it.. the amount of members actively making music every week is only a handful... and the amount of members talking about everything but is the vast majority... so just look to yourselves and why you are on this site.. if it's not to learn, or to help, or create.. then what?

Lol.. Personally i make music every day (about a Beat a day)..

My whole thing is ive been doin this for a few years.. i actually wish i would have discovered this site years ago when i started cuz Im self-taught..

90% of the time when im on here, im simultaneously making a beat on my laptop too.

If i got a question ima ask it.. but im set in my ways as a producer already so im not gonna ask dumb ass questions jus to ask em n keep this site flowin like it used to

a lotta niggas on here need to lighten up n stop livin in the FP old glory days..

I think this experiment is doing well. Keeps the forum a little more organized.

I'm still waiting on the business section....

Lol.. Personally i make music every day (about a Beat a day)..

My whole thing is ive been doin this for a few years.. i actually wish i would have discovered this site years ago when i started cuz Im self-taught..

90% of the time when im on here, im simultaneously making a beat on my laptop too.

If i got a question ima ask it.. but im set in my ways as a producer already so im not gonna ask dumb ass questions jus to ask em n keep this site flowin like it used to

a lotta niggas on here need to lighten up n stop livin in the FP old glory days..

Ditto,

and I'm not a person who naturally asks for help anyway. I jus read an old thread and tweak around until I go "ohhhhhhh". Nonetheless I have learned a lot here. I will need a lil help on compression tho.

Back