The BEST Reason Refills Thread

Advisery

This is a great idea for a thread, anyone and everyone state what THEY think is the best set/individual Refills, or the ones that you find that you can use the most for Propellerheads Reason. Even if it's the factory sound bank.

Exclusive drums folder in the factory sound bank for redrum...

Not used reason in a while, but a friend swears by this pendulum refil
(not sure where to get it)

Custom made ones there are other good ones out there but i always find custom made ones to be the best

Sonic Reality
has some pretty good ones

electromechanical 2

Proton and proton 2 for making those nice moogish sub basses

alesis quadrasynth, it sounds just like the real thing, its nice to have another keyboard in your nnxt.

The rest of the stuff you can do without. Some of its good some of its crap, But thats all I really use. I have a few of the sonic reality CD"s around, but electromechanical 2 took thier place.

I can recommend some synths: Nord Lead (duh), Analog Night and Synth City Vol 1 & 2.

Grinding Beats is aight too.

wanna get authentik sounds out than use the real kits/samples from real analog drum machines or keyboards and layer them make them smell and burn ur beat with it..

this sample cds sounds so generic.

Well, you need sounds to base the layering and all that off of..that's kinda what we're recommending here.

Not everyone really has the ability to just get their hands on a Nord Lead or anything, refills are the next best thing. You're right that they aren't as good as the real thing, but good enough man.

i have alot of fun with the 260DB drum n bass refill.

in the redrum kits... there is a bass kit with 32 bass sounds... man does that thing make the heaviest basslines ever... wow

I purchased the String Refill from Propellerheads and I must say, its fantastic! Couldent stop the creative process!!

Virology, Sonic Gold pack, and a couple thor refills have done me some good lately along with some huge drum kits I've found lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the ones I was going to mention has been mention... so I must say that Propellerheads really up their game with the factory sound bank in 4.0

ya'll won't believe me when i tell u...he'll probably hate me for saying it...Big Rome's OMP refill...man i use this thing religiously....copped it from him bout a yr. and a half ago....that one, and all the ones on digital sounds factory....all e-mu refills...but alotta people think these sounds are dated, whatever that means!!!

bluchippa5 said:
ya'll won't believe me when i tell u...he'll probably hate me for saying it...Big Rome's OMP refill...man i use this thing religiously....copped it from him bout a yr. and a half ago....that one, and all the ones on digital sounds factory....all e-mu refills...but alotta people think these sounds are dated, whatever that means!!!
Hey, you have a link to his refill,would miond trying it out :)

i like the fantom refill and the korg refill and the motif refill i use those 3 alot and sonic reality and the strings refill and abbey road

Back