Soundcard

Dj Drunk Munk

Could somebody recomend a desent soundcard?
i have an slightly older computer(Pentium II) and i plan on using for beatmaking, but i dont have a descent soundcard

tanks

For your purposes, a good card would be a

Soundblaster Live!

This card is 16-bit, has a line-in for running your mixer output to, as well as a speaker output, and microphone input. Very good sound quality, I've had no problems thus far. It's also not very expensive.

The only way you'd need a better card is if you were going to do actual composition, using computer software synths and programs w/ multiple instrument inputs.

Thanks!

Eventually I'm gonna start composing, so are there any others that won't be tooooo expensive but still has a good amount of inputs?

That depends on what is toooo expensive.
some stuff you might want to look into are:

Echo soundcards- Gina,Darla,or Layla
Terratec EWS 88 MT
Creamware Pulsar

now, some of these might be too expensive. The Gina and the Terratec are the cheapest. But still kinda alot. For a really good one though, you're proably looking at anywhere from $300-$700 I'd say. Although, actually I'm not too sure on any other cards, you might find something really good for around 200. actually, I have no idea the price of the Terratec, I'm assuming it's relatively low though.
good luck, and if you have any questions about composing.... ManoOne will help. lol
hehehe :D (I'll try too)
-Mike

Back