Seeking Royalty-FREE Turntablism DJ Scratching Samples (please)

Yep, I'm seeking freeware trick DJ turntable scratching samples, please.

Hopefully, I can get this:

1) more than few different varieties of techniques / sounds
2) no reverb, no wierd DSP FX processing
3) any sample rate is fine, mono or stereo, I don't mind
4) definately looking for some "scribbles" and "transformers" and just a few basic back and forths to mix and match and combine.
5) no rewinds, but braking stops are ok
6) any BPM: I'm going to use REAPER's "stretch markers" to put them on beat for any BPM.
7) any ethnicity / nationality; I don't discriminate.

tumblr_magy7hSjbu1qedb29o1_500.gif

While I'm at this, by the way...

Soon I'll be seeking any info anybody has on how to make any vocal (humming, cooing, etc) sound like a synthesizer or at least a kazoo.
I have plans to use a custom DSP FX processing "rack" or kit as a synth. I might already pretty much be there with a few Voice to MIDI tools.
But it would be nice to know how to do it "analog" so I can built a kit using stompbox pedals or breadboarding or whatnot.

I'm trying to cut myself loose from too much bluetooth, too much internet, too much computer, too much DAW, too much software, too many VST's, too many types of VST's, too much to learn, too many learning curves... see what I mean?

I just want to go straight into the sounds while capture recording. Then later, I'll import into some kind of DAW for mixing. I'm just not quite there yet.
There's a legend that George Clinton & Parliament used kazoos disguised as synths in some now famous funk material. They save mucho grande dollars.

MAIN IDEA: It'd be great to humm a tune, quantize it and send it to a favorite preset and record to a spare track and save, then repeat with something else.

So that's just a different thing for the future.
In the meantime, I'm building up my sample library. Shoot me some vinyl turntablisms please, if you can.

Yep, I'm seeking freeware trick DJ turntable scratching samples, please.

Hopefully, I can get this:

1) more than few different varieties of techniques / sounds
2) no reverb, no wierd DSP FX processing
3) any sample rate is fine, mono or stereo, I don't mind
4) definately looking for some "scribbles" and "transformers" and just a few basic back and forths to mix and match and combine.
5) no rewinds, but braking stops are ok
6) any BPM: I'm going to use REAPER's "stretch markers" to put them on beat for any BPM.
7) any ethnicity / nationality; I don't discriminate.

tumblr_magy7hSjbu1qedb29o1_500.gif

While I'm at this, by the way...

Soon I'll be seeking any info anybody has on how to make any vocal (humming, cooing, etc) sound like a synthesizer or at least a kazoo.
I have plans to use a custom DSP FX processing "rack" or kit as a synth. I might already pretty much be there with a few Voice to MIDI tools.
But it would be nice to know how to do it "analog" so I can built a kit using stompbox pedals or breadboarding or whatnot.

I'm trying to cut myself loose from too much bluetooth, too much internet, too much computer, too much DAW, too much software, too many VST's, too many types of VST's, too much to learn, too many learning curves... see what I mean?

I just want to go straight into the sounds while capture recording. Then later, I'll import into some kind of DAW for mixing. I'm just not quite there yet.
There's a legend that George Clinton & Parliament used kazoos disguised as synths in some now famous funk material. They save mucho grande dollars.

MAIN IDEA: It'd be great to humm a tune, quantize it and send it to a favorite preset and record to a spare track and save, then repeat with something else.

So that's just a different thing for the future.
In the meantime, I'm building up my sample library. Shoot me some vinyl turntablisms please, if you can.

If you have a smartphone, preferably iPhone or iPad (only because I know it's available for those), get the "Baby Scratch" app and make your own. It is a simple TT practice app with a mess of standard old school samples included.

For mutating vocals, don't neglect distortion, bit crushing, bandpass or highpass filter, and light use of doubling/tight echo or chorusing. Or literally run a mike and vocal through a guitar pedal, but you need an adaptor and you have to watch feedback and impedance mismatches and such.

GJ

>>>>Those are good ideas.<<<<

Thanks and you're welcome. Here's an aged-related "lol" for you-- I had to delete my first reply to your reply, because I read it as "Those are good videos." I was like, what the...?
But of course, that's not what you typed!

GJ

it's all good.
that "baby scratch" stuff is the cat's pajamas adorably cute! and looks/sounds like it works from a quick glance at some YouTube videos. OMG so cute and clever. thanks for that. It's on Android OS too. Maybe I'll get that. Even if I just download it's samples, maybe I can work with that.
tumblr_o70w20qTrT1vp2wveo1_250.gifv

Last edited:
Back